Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,797 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am moving to Chicago to take a job in Buffalo Grove. I have a good friend that lives in Lincoln Park and I have found a few apartments in Rogers Park. My concern is how long it is going to take me to make it from my apartment in Rogers Park to work in Buffalo Grove in the morning. I have to be at work at 9:00am and its about 22 total miles.
Thanks,
Dom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 02:19 PM

356 posts, read 542,220 times
On a good day 55 minutes, on a bad day 2+ hours, on a nightmare day 36 hours

Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,245,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City John View Post
On a good day 55 minutes, on a bad day 2+ hours, on a nightmare day 36 hours

Ha! That commute is definitly a nightmare. It would be well over 1 hour each way on a good day. Especially if you live in Rogers Park or Lincoln Park. You should be close to 90/94 for easy highway access, or you can add 30 minutes to just get to the highway! I would definitly re-think where you live or look into metra options (still aren't a good idea with living in Rogers Park!)

Old 12-10-2007, 09:48 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,416,788 times
I know someone doing this same reverse commute, but from even further south of you. He's reverse commuting from Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood to Buffalo Grove to be exact. He seems to be managing, but the company is flexible with his shift times. If he gets in a half hour later than his normal shift (roughly 9:00 AM start I think), then he can always just stay a half hour later to make up for it. I'm wondering if your job is at the same company .

Quote:
Originally Posted by domscand View Post
Hello,
I am moving to Chicago to take a job in Buffalo Grove. I have a good friend that lives in Lincoln Park and I have found a few apartments in Rogers Park. My concern is how long it is going to take me to make it from my apartment in Rogers Park to work in Buffalo Grove in the morning. I have to be at work at 9:00am and its about 22 total miles.
Thanks,
Dom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs