Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 PM

172 posts, read 316,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I have spent lots and lots of evenings sitting through things like presentations from developers that want to get a re-subdivision approved or consultants that want to help a town "reposition" itself and I have too have seen reputable firms use the Higley data and/or similar methodology to build their case for "upscale" development.

That said the "iron clad" rule that really cannot be violated is not so much about who lives in / near one town or another by what sorts of access there is to high income career paths. It is such a basic issue that when it gets "overlooked" by some of the consultants that there are really pushing towards "malpractice" -- I can say without hesitation that the record of the "domino effect" when firms either shrink or grow one of the huge long term forces that needs to be part of any such discussion.

I know there are too few folks on these board familiar with the greater "southland" and even I tend to dismiss some the folks that try to "talk up" places like Shorewood, Mokena or Tinley Park. The fact you have to give credit to folks that try to keep their firms growing in such area and one such success story is Panduit -- http://www.panduit.com/ccurl/657/640...d-benefits.pdf I don't feel quite as confident in "CommScope" but they are in a similar sector and as the parent of once powerful Andrew Corp (that grew exponentially when they were providing the physical antenna that were matched to cellular infrastructure from pioneering firms like Motorola) they deserve some kudos for the employment base of the south suburbs too.. Management Team

Yeah you really do dismiss some really decent places in the southwest, thanks for admitting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs