Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 02:43 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
While we're talking about Ultra Foods -- I've always wondered, what are they like inside? I've always steered clear based on superficial impressions. Once I was fooled by the word "Euro" in Eurofresh (that store in Tinley or Orland, can't recall which). It might be most disgusting grocery store I've ever seen. Haven't experimented too much since then, stick with the known entities.
your not missing much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,919,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Eurofresh: EUROFRESH MARKET
The web site is a lot cleaner then the store
Haha well, I'll be a bit forgiving and say it's just an environment I wasn't used to in a grocery

Old 04-15-2011, 12:03 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Hmm the Ultra in Lansing seems to be centrally located, unless I'm off concerning the city limits, because I really don't know them. Wait, isn't 168th and Torrence closer to Cal City?
Huh? Centrally located? What gave you that idea? You can literally throw a stone from the Ultra Foods parking lot and hit the Welcome to Calumet City sign. I wouldn't recommend it because you might hit a car but I'm just saying it's possible! And then right down the street from there is River Oaks Mall. I've had to get around without a car before and I consider the Ultra Foods in Lansing and the infamous River Oaks Mall in Calumet City to be a very easy and short walking distance.

Btw, that's a Google Maps link showing how insanely close the two are to one another. Point A is the mailing address to the Lansing Ultra Foods and point B is a possible way to turn to pull into the River Oaks Mall parking lot. After clicking the link, you're gonna have to click the minus sign next on the map for some reason.

Last edited by urza216; 04-15-2011 at 12:26 AM..

Old 04-15-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Huh? Centrally located? What gave you that idea? You can literally throw a stone from the Ultra Foods parking lot and hit the Welcome to Calumet City sign. I wouldn't recommend it because you might hit a car but I'm just saying it's possible! And then right down the street from there is River Oaks Mall. I've had to get around without a car before and I consider the Ultra Foods in Lansing and the infamous River Oaks Mall in Calumet City to be a very easy and short walking distance.

Btw, that's a Google Maps link showing how insanely close the two are to one another. Point A is the mailing address to the Lansing Ultra Foods and point B is a possible way to turn to pull into the River Oaks Mall parking lot. After clicking the link, you're gonna have to click the minus sign next on the map for some reason.
Wow...well see I don't (obviously lol) know the city limits for the suburbs further east.

I guess I really wasn't paying attention to the Ultra???

Thanks though for being nice and giving me a link and directions too

Now, has everyone established that Lansing is not a blighted ghetto headed the way of the dinosaurs? Our country is going through a hard time, and many, many suburbs, cities, villages, towns, etc. are going through transition phases.

I think once the economy recovers, things will return, to a new normal. Let's keep a positive mind on things...do not give up on the south suburbs!

Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Wow...well see I don't (obviously lol) know the city limits for the suburbs further east.

I guess I really wasn't paying attention to the Ultra???

Thanks though for being nice and giving me a link and directions too
haha.. I admit I can be argumentative. It doesn't mean I don't like you or appreciate what you have to say (or are contributing to a forum). Allen is prabobly my favorite contributer to this forum but at the same time, I'm not gonna lie, I think some of the stuff he says is bull****. Oh, and while I'm at it, I'd like to mention that if you actually went back and looked at Northwest Indiana's early postings, you'd discover that he has a history of defending the south suburbs.

And you're welcome.

Quote:
Now, has everyone established that Lansing is not a blighted ghetto headed the way of the dinosaurs? Our country is going through a hard time, and many, many suburbs, cities, villages, towns, etc. are going through transition phases.

I think once the economy recovers, things will return, to a new normal. Let's keep a positive mind on things...do not give up on the south suburbs!
I agree.

Last edited by urza216; 04-15-2011 at 01:32 AM..

Old 04-15-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
haha.. I admit I can be argumentative. It doesn't mean I don't like you or appreciate what you have to say (or are contributing to a forum). Allen is prabobly my favorite contributer to this forum but at the same time, I'm not gonna lie, I think some of the stuff he says is bull****. Oh, and while I'm at it, I'd like to mention that if you actually went back and looked at Northwest Indiana's early postings, you'd discover that he has a history of defending the south suburbs.

And you're welcome.

I agree.
Aww thanks.

I understand, and yes, I read the postings, and I get that some of the things I've read are kinda preposterous lol, and then some other things aren't so bad. But it's all balance. Gives the forum a little flavor lol.

Then of course there are the times when all posters agree on certain things

Old 04-15-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Then of course there are the times when all posters agree on certain things
How boring.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
How boring.
Lol well...I didn't think so but okay

Old 04-15-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Lol well...I didn't think so but okay

Last edited by urza216; 04-15-2011 at 02:10 AM..

Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,815 times
What?!?!? Nobody's arguging about race?!?! That's no fun. Close this thread pronto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs