Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:54 PM

255 posts, read 414,422 times

Advertisements

Well, a woman was stabbed to death today in the Riverwood Apartments on the far northeast side of Lansing. That's never a good sign. I've never been to Lansing but to me, it seems a bit like Merrillville. Was once all white, minorities have moved in and the school districts in each are now about 15% white, 60% black, & 18-20% Hispanic. Both Merrillville and Lansing are really not that bad, but proximity to worse areas and public perception brings both towns and schools down in the public eye. Just my $0.02.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 09:17 PM

224 posts, read 310,172 times
[url] http://wgntv.com/2015/08/31/surveillance-video-captures-smash-and-grab-at-lansing-clothing-store/ [url]

Old 09-04-2015, 10:06 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valpofan11 View Post
Well, a woman was stabbed to death today in the Riverwood Apartments on the far northeast side of Lansing. That's never a good sign.
Several women were shot to death at a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park. Because it's still predominately white, no one saw it as a bad sign for the town as a whole.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Several women were shot to death at a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park. Because it's still predominately white, no one saw it as a bad sign for the town as a whole.
To be honest, it depends on the race of the suspect/ predator. If the suspect is white, you won't hear much of, " this area is declining".

Old 09-06-2015, 07:02 PM

172 posts, read 316,029 times
Willow brook or springs or something a man Invaded a home raped and stabbed the woman multiple times....this area is in decline ��

Old 09-06-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drss01 View Post
Willow brook or springs or something a man Invaded a home raped and stabbed the woman multiple times....this area is in decline ��
Willow Springs, ( I believe the story you are referring to took place in Indian Head Park tho) and IHP for that matter, have extremely low black populations. I probably should've said the decline will take place in towns with a sizable black population for a town that is around a high population of blacks.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:00 PM

255 posts, read 414,422 times
What do people think of Lansing now? Seems like much of it is ok but it doesn't seem to be getting better. Part of this could just be generational societal decay, as so many people in my generation are complete degenerates/morons compared to the decent old people who are dying off.

Is there any white demand in the housing market? With Illiana in unincorporated St John now, there seems to be less incentive to live in Lansing if you're going to go the private Christian route for schools.

How's the crime rate for those who live/work in and around Lansing?

Old 05-25-2021, 05:38 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,338,753 times
My sister and her husband sold their house in Lansing last year to a white couple. They unsuccessfully tried to sell the previous year. They wanted out because of the tax situation in Illinois. They both grew up in a nearby area of NWI so it wasn't a big move for them to go back there.

What really incentivized my sister to get serious about selling were the protests last summer. They lived a few blocks south of Ridge Rd and a few blocks east of Burnham--close enough to Torrence that it was a concern. In the decades they lived there, they never experienced any property or personal crime.

Old 05-25-2021, 03:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,477,145 times
Lansing was awesome in the 70's/80's. Another South burb that's been destroyed.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:47 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddybel View Post
In response to the person who wrote the quote below, maybe it's not the area, but you. Let me give you a few examples and maybe you will understand where I am coming from. I too am a resident of Lansing. Before you criticize anyone or group look in the mirror. Your spelling is horrible and your punctuation is not all it is cracked up to be as well. Now, I am not saying that I am perfect, no one is, but before you go spouting off at the mouth about Test Scores, maybe yours were not all that good since I found several errors in your foaming at the mouth below. From the looks of it, it seems that maybe you might have contributed to scores being low (or lower than they would have been) in your day at TF South since the wording below is not that of a very well educated person. .
Hi - I've seen people who use their phones to type and the grammar and punctuation is atrocious. They then tell me that they are using their phone and its so easy to make typos. I've seen pretty awful typing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs