Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 03:06 PM

16 posts, read 62,044 times

Advertisements

My family is moving from Charlotte NC to Chicago next month. Here in Charlotte my daughter goes to a wonderful public elementary Montessori school. It is small and teachers are very kind and loving. Please help us find similar school in Chicago?
My husband and I will be working in Deerfield for now, but the jobs are relocating to Chicago downtown within a year. If you could recommend good place to live along with the school, that would be the icing I. The cake!

Thank you so much wonderful helpful forum members!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 03:15 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
There are great Montessori options near Deerfield actually. Plenty of great places to live but it’s only helpful if you know more specifics/preferences/budgets/etc. Where do you want to be?

Deerfield Montessori School
Montessori Connection

Old 07-26-2018, 01:09 PM

16 posts, read 62,044 times
Hello! Thank you for your response! I have another post here about looking for places to live... so you think it would help if I combined the two threads?
So we will be working at Walgreens Deerfield, and then shift to downtown. The school should ideally be close to where we live so we can drop her at school and then take the train to work (downtown). We can just drive to Deerfield.
We are okay with both public and private, but ofcourse would prefer public. My daughter does well in peaceful, non-competitive environments that’s why we are keen to continue her in Montessori education. Please let me know if I can answer any more questions! Thanks so much for your help.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:57 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte-zen23 View Post
Hello! Thank you for your response! I have another post here about looking for places to live... so you think it would help if I combined the two threads?
So we will be working at Walgreens Deerfield, and then shift to downtown. The school should ideally be close to where we live so we can drop her at school and then take the train to work (downtown). We can just drive to Deerfield.
We are okay with both public and private, but ofcourse would prefer public. My daughter does well in peaceful, non-competitive environments that’s why we are keen to continue her in Montessori education. Please let me know if I can answer any more questions! Thanks so much for your help.

I think it's a wash whether or not you combine the threads.

There are other nearby suburban montessori's too- just pop on google when you narrow down the house search (cutting it close for the school year!). Here they are mostly if not entirely privately run though, not part of the local public school district. YMMV. I had one kid who thrived there, the other one- well, not so much

cheers

p.s. maybe rent for a year(?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: