Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 08:22 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times

Advertisements

G in MP,

I'm going to need a moment to get educated, I think...

When you say current "brand" of LGBT + "stuff", could you expand on that, please?

I want to make sure I am understanding your comment... I do not want to try to "fill in the blanks" and potentially miss your point.

I would appreciate that, Sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 08:47 AM

736 posts, read 483,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
G in MP,

I'm going to need a moment to get educated, I think...

When you say current "brand" of LGBT + "stuff", could you expand on that, please?

I want to make sure I am understanding your comment... I do not want to try to "fill in the blanks" and potentially miss your point.

I would appreciate that, Sir.
Oh, no need to expand on it, MJ. All the usual stuff.

I will tell you this though, years ago, before gay marriage was a thing in most of the US, me and my wife went to CA to witness her brother's wedding. I was very happy to be part of it, and also am happy to report that they've build a wonderful life together. I'm down with that.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:55 AM

G in MP,

Ok, brother. I'm not exactly sure which "stuff" you are referencing.... But you when on to mention that you are firm in your beliefs, and do not need to apologize.

So as far as I'm concerned, you are fine where you are.

You have exemplified that you are supportive of the happiness of couples (whomever they may be), which is what counts!

So some self-disclosure, if I have not mentioned this in any other threads:

My eldest child, the 17-year-old, lives as a female to male transgender. So, my Haley Marisa now lives as Shay Miguel.

If THIS is one of the other "stuff" components you are referencing (remember, I have to fill in the blanks, now), I want to make sure YOU and EVERYONE does not feel the need to walk on eggshells on the topic with me.

I am Master Jay! You know my philosophies. No one becomes enlightened nor more intelligent by NOT talking about things!

Old 08-31-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
G in MP,

Ok, brother. I'm not exactly sure which "stuff" you are referencing.... But you when on to mention that you are firm in your beliefs, and do not need to apologize.

So as far as I'm concerned, you are fine where you are.

You have exemplified that you are supportive of the happiness of couples (whomever they may be), which is what counts!

So some self-disclosure, if I have not mentioned this in any other threads:

My eldest child, the 17-year-old, lives as a female to male transgender. So, my Haley Marisa now lives as Shay Miguel.

If THIS is one of the other "stuff" components you are referencing (remember, I have to fill in the blanks, now), I want to make sure YOU and EVERYONE does not feel the need to walk on eggshells on the topic with me.

I am Master Jay! You know my philosophies. No one becomes enlightened nor more intelligent by NOT talking about things!
Well I don't walk on eggshells, you won't ever see that from me. But I also draw the line between speaking one's mind and being an abusive/imposing prick...you won't see that from me either. I'm sure you and I are good with that.

So with that in mind, if you want to know, I personally don't view homosexuality and transgenderism (with all of it's offshoots) as two things to clump together under one LGBT-etc umbrella. I consider gender dysphoria, the true condition (as opposed to the fad that it's become) is a mental disorder, and not something to be normalized anymore than anorexia, alcoholism, or schizoaffective disorders should be. These are not things to celebrate and normalize in a healthy society.

That does not mean that they should be abused and belittled. These people are mentally ill and suffer greatly, and deserve compassion and sympathy as befitting a modern society.

Last edited by G in MP; 08-31-2021 at 01:30 PM..

Old 08-31-2021, 01:32 PM

G in MP,

The class act that you are, your comment had good thought, and was respectful.

Thank you, again, for sharing.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:46 AM

MJ, real fast, I remember you talking about your daughter, yes. Just to clarify, I'm not against people with gender dysphoria living their lives as trans people. For some that's an appropriate course towards mental wellness, and that may very well be the case with your daughter living as a male. Anybody should be free to do nearly anything with themselves so long as it does not infringe on others' rights to do same.

And that's where my problem with all that lies, my rights are infringed upon when the establishment in its many forms now dictates I have to identify trans people by whatever strikes their fancy. I know I'm far from the only one to say screw that!

Old 09-02-2021, 12:13 PM

G in MP, good afternoon.

My philosophy on it is different than my ex-wife's:

My ex-wife would, in dialogue, in my opinion OVER use the whole " He/Him/His" as if to over-emphasize the point.

My philosophy was: if you TRULY want to treat everyone EQUALLY, then you should NOT do or say things in a manner differently, as you would for our other 2 children...

Of course, I was called insensitive and non supportive for my style!

Bro, you can't always win. And that's ok. Someone else's issue is NOT MY issue.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:14 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,244 times
Quote:
G in MP, good afternoon.

My philosophy on it is different than my ex-wife's:

My ex-wife would, in dialogue, in my opinion OVER use the whole " He/Him/His" as if to over-emphasize the point.

My philosophy was: if you TRULY want to treat everyone EQUALLY, then you should NOT do or say things in a manner differently, as you would for our other 2 children...

Of course, I was called insensitive and non supportive for my style!

Bro, you can't always win. And that's ok. Someone else's issue is NOT MY issue.
thats why she's your "Ex"

Old 09-02-2021, 01:29 PM

wase4711, so true!

Today was the first day of our children to go to school. Our tradition was I always came over and brought Starbucks drinks and treats. She was actually cordial for the brief time I was there.

Hey, you take what you can in life, and you count your blessings!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs