Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM

346 posts, read 709,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Why did you change the area around James Park from MEH to OK? I think it's a bit sketchy around there too...
After rethinking, that area is not as bad as most people assume. It's actually pretty great on a few blocks. There are some sketchy areas there still though, but it gets worse up north. My scale was too rough I guess on the last map, so I upgraded it to offer a little more leniency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
I like how you used the map the way they do on an instant replay for a football game on TV! Very nice!

I agree with you on the area along Howard, not good. What's MEH?
MEH is my way of saying that an area is nothing spectacular, but is not the worst. It can be an ok area in some parts but other parts are either congested/dirty/dangerous.

Basically there's a fine line between OK and MEH --> OK meaning I would not hesitate to buy a house there because it's still nice, and MEH meaning a buyer should think hard if this is the neighborhood for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:34 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,723,964 times
I think your maps are very informative and entertaining. Are there any other areas you could do? Do you know Wilmette?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthera View Post
I think your maps are very informative and entertaining. Ae there any other areas you could do?
Thanks
Well I would only be able to do suburbs I am very familiar with, like Lincolnwood, Skokie, Evanston, and Morton Grove. Seems that Evanston is a very popular place, so I tried to help people new to the area. I will make similar maps for Lincolnwood, Skokie, or MG if the demand is needed. I rarely see Lincolnwood mentioned on the forums, which is a shame because it's such an amazing place to live.

[edit for your Wilmette edit] - Unfortunately I am not familiar enough with Wilmette to make a map out of it. I know the area well, but not well enough to make an accurate map out of it.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
Thanks
Well I would only be able to do suburbs I am very familiar with, like Lincolnwood, Skokie, Evanston, and Morton Grove. Seems that Evanston is a very popular place, so I tried to help people new to the area. I will make similar maps for Lincolnwood, Skokie, or MG if the demand is needed. I rarely see Lincolnwood mentioned on the forums, which is a shame because it's such an amazing place to live.

What about a Skokie map? I really don't know Skokie, and its had so much redevelopment lately that it would be interesting to see your map.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM

Skokie I would be able to do because it's right next door.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,107 times
Oh yes - make more maps please! It's so fun! Can you add some entertaining graphics?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM

What about the north tip of Chicago where Loyola meets Evanston?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Seeing that I went to Loyola for 4 years, I could maybe do a map of there. It would lack in some parts that I am not familiar with though?

I could add some graphics as well.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM

22 posts, read 86,535 times
I'd be interested in a Skokie map as well!

I am still a bit freaked out by seriously considering a house that is within the NO area, even if it borders with NICE (the triangle made by McCormick and Green Bay). A question for Evanston residents: do people jog or bike along the trails next to the North Shore Channel (on the NO side of the channel)? Is it safe to do this after dark?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,780,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthera View Post
What about the north tip of Chicago where Loyola meets Evanston?
Too complicated for a map. Rogers Park actually changes block by block in many cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs