Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,839 times

Advertisements

//www.city-data.com/city/Bellwood-Illinois.html

Bellwood only had 1 murder! And their crime rate is miniscule compared to Cal City. LOL...that wouldn't even qualify for a bad southern cook county burb.

Folks in bellwood make 16 G's more than folks in Cal City. Bellwood....LOL. Good one! Maywood folks make more than Cal City's residents too plus they have a lower crime rate than Cal City. Ya'll just don't realize how gutter the southern burbs of cook county really are...

Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,784,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post

Bellwood only had 1 murder! And their crime rate is miniscule compared to Cal City. LOL...that wouldn't even qualify for a bad southern cook county burb.
And the year before there were 8 murders in Bellwood. And Bellwood is less than half the size of Calumet City, which typically has 3 to 6 murders a year. I stand by my claims that Maywood and Bellwood are both rougher than Calumet City--or at least Maywood is. But the trend in Cal City is certainly downward! Look at the crime rate increases there. It's going up every year! Just the change since 2005 is pretty incredible.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM

605 posts, read 1,842,675 times
top 5
Winnetka
Kenilworth
Glencoe
Lake Forest
Wilmette

Old 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM

274 posts, read 709,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post

Folks in bellwood make 16 G's more than folks in Cal City. Bellwood....LOL. Good one! Maywood folks make more than Cal City's residents too plus they have a lower crime rate than Cal City. Ya'll just don't realize how gutter the southern burbs of cook county really are...
Are you black? I been wondering for a long time.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,260,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
I am required to go to certain areas that are not as wealthy as the NS. I've seen most of Chicagoland, including what you describe as the worst areas. We all know what the areas are, so what is the point of consistently beating them into the ground. It isn't right. If an out of towner asks where to avoid, then bring it up. Another poster commented saying that you never know who is behind the computer and where they are....therefore there is no reason to belittle these communities that YOU as a resident of AH do not live in.
CHILL. I'm not belittling them by saying they have some rough areas, just conveying the truth as I see it. And by your logic, this forum would be a big void because no one would be allowed to share an opinion unless it involved the town they currently lived in?! My point is I have been to the areas I mentioned, more than once, as opposed to commenting based on "internet only" info as occasionally happens on this forum. I'm not trashing the towns; I did not say the entire town was a wasteland........re-read my post, I said SOME rough areas.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:31 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,392,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opkl View Post
Are you black? I been wondering for a long time.
Do you bleed red?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 PM

274 posts, read 709,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Do you bleed red?
Do you?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,392,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opkl View Post
Do you?
Nope- We are not the same I am a Martian- Phone Home

Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,607 times
Lightbulb Cal City Res.

Ok for all of you who think you know about Cal City but have no idea...I have lived there the last 22 years of my life and do not plan on moving out anytime soon. Like any neigborhood on the southside there is areas that you don't travel at night when the sun sets and the "owls come out". Take last nite for example, http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1582733,w-men-slain-wounded-outside-bar-052009.article..."Two men fatally shot around 2am outside a Cal City bar". Also, the following day Calumet City made the news for their yearly bank robbery (previous ones have taken place with armored trucks outside of river oaks mall). A town is only as bad as people make it so i work my nine to five and set my house alarm before i leave. Prevention before it becomes a problem and roll with the punches. Calumet City without a doubt makes that TOP 5 WORST! p.s. not to mention all the mayoral dilemmas that have taken place within the last 15 years!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,509,002 times
I would say Top:
Hinsdale
Highland Park
Palos Park
Winnetka
Burr Ridge

(and Frankfort is rapidly making its way up the ladder it's probably in the top 25 now in the metro area)

Bottom:
Robbins
Ford Heights
Cal City
Cal Park
Harvey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs