Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM

71 posts, read 243,662 times

Advertisements

hello all!!!!! here's the situation....I do not want to spend an arm and a leg but i would like to live in a decent area in north east ill. I currenlty live in miami and want to move closer to home (wisconsin). The job i'm looking into is in north chicago (Military MEPS station). I do not want to commute longer than 30 minutes to get to and from work. Where can I live?? I only want safety and some convenience (grocery stores, shopping, hospital, gas stations, and whatever other extras). Not in the middle of nowhere, that scares me....

Also folks..... I am black....please refrain from negative comments about black people.Your opinion is yours, I'm sure experience or ignorance got you to that place where you are. Anywho my family is very diverse (bunch of muts, j/k).....I really wouldn't want anyone to say anything negative about anyone but seeing as most of those comments here are mainly about Black people i just wanted to put that out there.

additionally i do not want to live in the inner city as i find that school mostly suck there, i have a son and his education is very important. To be really honest i'm on an income of 50k, the most i'll spend on rent (not looking to buy just yet) is 850 at most. I love painfully honest people as long as it's respectful.

kisses, be blessed
msnicole83
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 PM

150 posts, read 343,654 times
I live in Mundelein and have been here for 17 years. We are mostly a blue collar community of great people, down to earth who only care who you are, not your skin color. My immediate neighborhood is a mix of nationalities and I love it. Our schools are good, not the best in the area, but our rents and housing prices are good also.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnicole83 View Post
Also folks..... I am black....please refrain from negative comments about black people.Your opinion is yours, I'm sure experience or ignorance got you to that place where you are.
Uhhhh, thats a rather ridiculous thing to say, wouldnt you agree?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:01 PM

393 posts, read 1,217,188 times
There are only two bad areas in Lake County; North Chicago and Park City. Otherwise go with the best you can afford.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
There are only two bad areas in Lake County; North Chicago and Park City. Otherwise go with the best you can afford.
Waukegan certainly has its rough areas!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
Quote:
The job i'm looking into is in north chicago (Military MEPS station). I do not want to commute longer than 30 minutes to get to and from work. Where can I live?? I only want safety and some convenience (grocery stores, shopping, hospital, gas stations, and whatever other extras). Not in the middle of nowhere, that scares me...
Gurnee might work. Or just cross the border into Kenosha. Kenosha has improved greatly in the last few years.

There are many nice North Shore communities just south of there, but they are uber expensive. I guess it all depends on what you are able to spend.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,298 times
i would also suggest gurnee. also, maybe grays lake,

Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Uhhhh, thats a rather ridiculous thing to say, wouldnt you agree?

Not at all, i'm not sure if you're new to this forum but there are some terrible things being said. While some hold weight and some don't they are offensive non the less. I just wanted an opinion that didn't have anything to do with race.

thanks for your input

Old 04-29-2009, 06:56 AM

thanks everyone for the info....keep it coming!!! lol

have a great hump day!
msnicole83

Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 AM

1,083 posts, read 3,723,767 times
Quote:
Not at all, i'm not sure if you're new to this forum but there are some terrible things being said. While some hold weight and some don't they are offensive non the less. I just wanted an opinion that didn't have anything to do with race.

thanks for your input
Generally its considered quite rude to call a group of people ignorant racists before they've said anything.

Its also pretty absurd for you to ask him if he's new to the forum. Might I direct you to review your reputation points vs his?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs