Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:56 PM

5 posts, read 26,856 times

Advertisements

any thing about this place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM
NSH

284 posts, read 2,364,140 times
yeah stay away, far far away. West Pullman, Calumet Park, & Alsip are in the same area are in much better shape.

Robbins was the most depressed area in Illinois five years ago, since then some development has been done, a few infrastructure improvements but there seems to be something wrong at city hall as alot of money is coming in but not a lot of services are coming out.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:18 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,054 times
Default robbins

Agree with NSH. I was born and raised in Alsip, just north of Robbins. We went out of our way just not to go through Robbins. It was rough 40 years ago, and has not improved. Very dark section of southside, run down houses, crime, etc. Nothing there to move to, just from.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:42 PM

4 posts, read 19,168 times
Default Robbins

I used to teach in Robbins. It really is not a safe place to live. Some houses are shot gun houses, small or dilapidated. There are NO gas stations, shoe stores, restaurants, grocery stores, private doctor/dentist offices, etc.

There is cook county clinic and a few rinky-dink hole in the wall fast food places and licqor stores. The schools test well below average however there were some great teachers and the parents (Hispanic and Latino) are VERY involved in their children's education. The children and parents are very nice.

It's dark and unwelcoming especially at night. You will do ALL of your shopping in Crestwood, Midlothian, Calumet Park, Blue Island or Alsip. Please disregard misspelled words. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:08 PM

84 posts, read 1,103,745 times
Default Public Fact

Robbins is the second poorest village and or city, in North America.

100% black, 100% poor, 55% Public Housing, No jobs, No Hope,

I am a white cable tech, I work in Robbins, its one of four surburbs, i work in ; which i check in with the police first......because white people driving around there at night, are always pulled over...........and busted for something.........

If you want crack, a hot dog, or join the national guard, then Robbins is for you........................

Its small lots of dark roads and wooded lots, floods a lot...........firefighters make 8.00 an hour after taxes, cops are all corrupt, all three of them........
If it wasnt for Crestwood, and Blue Island, Robbins would have sank into the Cal Sag Channel,

Old 01-10-2007, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 8,978 times
i lived in robbins for 11 years with my mom and dad and sisters, i am 16 years old and i know that robbins is not a good place to live.. all the comments are true. it is alot of things going on out there, and i visit every once in a while, it is the perfect place if you want to party gangbang and sell drugs, but running a REAL business and raising a family? not the place. mayor brodie was suppose to have a gasstation and a skating rink, but she promised that about 10 years ago, but i would never move back

Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 8,797 times
Default Give Robbins a break!

I know Robbins has had it tough breaks, and does have some problems that do need to be dealt with. But, I want to tell you all not to generalize the people of Robbins based on those who cause trouble. Not everybody in Robbins is a gangbanger or drug dealer. I believe the majority of the people there do care for there kids and want them to be successful. I have been impressed with the re-development that has been taking place more recently. The gas station and new homes are a welcome addition that will bring some more income to Robbins. Block meetings are also on the rise there who meet together to help discuss ways to improve Robbins. I work in Robbins and have friends that live there. I've been treated with great hospitality there by the majority of the population.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:43 PM

5 posts, read 19,590 times
of course there are good people in Robbins. There are good people in every town in the US but in some towns these people have a harder time because of the crime around them. Move to Robbins? no no no

Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM

9 posts, read 69,092 times
Robbins is BAD BAD BAD. I was dropping off a couple of my sons friends from school who lives in Robbins a few years ago, and upon turning down his block my car was swarmed with drug dealers trying to sell crack. They were bold enough to flash the actual drugs against my car window while trying to sell it, and they had guns in plain site in their waistbands. Luckily They didn't cause any problems for me after I refused to make a purchase. Maybe the two little black kids in my backseat are what saved us.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:13 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,631,507 times
its definitely a town thats down on its luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs