Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:55 PM

68 posts, read 140,066 times

Advertisements

Interested to know from those of you who commute using Route 59, what time does the station fill up in the daily commuter parking lot? I've heard times ranging from 6:30am to 7:15am.

Could someone help me out who actually commutes it? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 PM

774 posts, read 2,495,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin man View Post
Interested to know from those of you who commute using Route 59, what time does the station fill up in the daily commuter parking lot? I've heard times ranging from 6:30am to 7:15am.

Could someone help me out who actually commutes it? Thanks.
Ramblin Man,

I take the Route 59 train and pull into the Aurora side parking lot at 7:10 and have never had a problem getting a space. There's a constant stream of people coming in, though, so it's usually filled up by 7:30.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 46,209 times
Frank The Tank,

I am probably moving to the area soon and will be commuting from Route 59. Just curious, how is your commute? Are there ever any problems or anything. I currently take the red line to work and don't have to worry about sticking to schedules or anything so I'm a little bit nervous about it.

Do you ever take the PACE bus? If so, how is that?

Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 PM

gzlatin,

It will be an adjustment from not being able to grab the El at any time that you want (I lived in the city prior to moving to Naperville so it was also a change for me), but the commute from Route 59 is generally fine. If you're leaving for work from 6-8 am or leaving downtown between 4-6:50 pm, there are frequent rush hour trains that take only 40 minutes. On this front, all of the towns on the BNSF train line (includes Western Springs, Hinsdale, Downers Grove, Lisle, Naperville, and Aurora off the top of my head) have great rush hour service as compared to the other suburbs that are similar in distance from the city (i.e. I lived in Libertyville for a couple of years, which distance-wise was the same amount of miles from the Loop as my current house in Naperville, but the train ride from the north suburbs was at least 20 minutes longer each way). There are a lot more express options since the BNSF line has 4 tracks as opposed to other lines that only have 2 tracks or even only 1 track.

The problems with using Metra occur when you're traveling during off-peak hours - the last express train of the day leaves Union Station at 6:50 pm. The trains after that only run once an hour while making all stops on the line (which means the train ride to Route 59 would be a little over 1 hour), so if you have to stay that late frequently, it would be pretty brutal. As far as suburbs go, however, it's definitely as frequent and fast of service as you can find for the distance that you'd be traveling.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzlatin View Post
Frank The Tank,

I am probably moving to the area soon and will be commuting from Route 59. Just curious, how is your commute? Are there ever any problems or anything. I currently take the red line to work and don't have to worry about sticking to schedules or anything so I'm a little bit nervous about it.

Do you ever take the PACE bus? If so, how is that?
Also, I haven't taken the PACE bus. For Route 59, the PACE bus service is generally from remote parking lots, so not many people are able to walk to a bus stop. Since I would have to get in my car anyway to get to a remote parking lot, I prefer to just drive the entire way to the train station. PACE is more frequently used for those traveling out of the downtown Naperville station because (1) those particular bus routes actually do go through neighborhoods as opposed to just remote parking lots, meaning that patrons are able to walk to the bus stop and (2) as busy as Route 59 might be, the parking lot situation is exponentially worse in downtown Naperville, so there's more incentive for people out of that station to use alternative modes of transportation.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 46,209 times
Thanks for the info Frank!

I would be traveling mostly during rush hours so I think i'd be ok.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:40 PM

6 posts, read 59,049 times
Smile Aurora Route 59 Metra Train

Hello, I'm New To The Area And I Need To Know How Much Is Parking At The Route 59 Metra..is There A Lot That You Can Pay On A Daily, Weekly Or Monthly Basis. Thanks So Much

Old 05-03-2007, 04:47 PM

I take the Route 59 train from Aurora. There's a waiting list for monthly/quarterly parking permits - check out the city of Aurora website and get on that list as soon as possible. I believe that the waiting list for permits (which are cheaper and closer to the train than the daily parking spaces) is up to 5 years at this point. In the meantime, there are daily parking spaces for $2 per day. The parking lot itself is huge (it's the equivalent of the type of parking lot that you'd see at a large mall), but even then, the daily spaces will fill up by 7:30 am or so. There are "surplus spaces" (unused spaces in the permit lot) that can be used after 8:00 am (it might even be 7:45 now) for the same $2 daily fee, but I haven't been there late enough to get a grasp as to when those spots fill up.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:31 AM

6 posts, read 59,049 times
Default Price of Parking at Route 59 Metra Aurora

I was just wondering if it's easy to park at the Route 59 Metra and how much does it cost? Thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 07:24 PM

677 posts, read 4,209,369 times
Your question has already been answered in your other post.
//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...tra-train.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs