Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
anl anl started this thread

9 posts, read 15,014 times

Advertisements

My dh and ds (10y/o) are going to Chicago at the end of June. One day will be spent at Wrigley with tour and game. The other day will be spent touring the city.

I found Comfort Inn & Suites - 15 E Ohio St. It has good reviews from what I've found, continental breakfast and it says it's a block from the subway. I just want to make sure this is a good location for what they are looking for. Would they need to take a bus anywhere? Subway to Wrigley, right?

If you don't think this is a good idea, can you give me other suggestions for under $200/nt? They don't need anything fancy...just convenient and I thought free small breakfast would be easier for them as well.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,421,872 times
I suspect that unless you are looking for something RIGHT ON A HOLIDAY you will get a MUCH BETTTER PRICE at a similar level of hotel OR the same price at a FAR FAR FAR more upscale hotel by using a site like priceline...

There are certainly much more nasty hotels in much less convenient location that the Comfort Inn at 15 E. Ohio, but there are also MANY hotels a little bit closer to where you will spend time AND A WHOLE LOT more of a "special trip" kind of place that do participate in the priceline type programs.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,178,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I suspect that unless you are looking for something RIGHT ON A HOLIDAY you will get a MUCH BETTTER PRICE at a similar level of hotel OR the same price at a FAR FAR FAR more upscale hotel by using a site like priceline...

There are certainly much more nasty hotels in much less convenient location that the Comfort Inn at 15 E. Ohio, but there are also MANY hotels a little bit closer to where you will spend time AND A WHOLE LOT more of a "special trip" kind of place that do participate in the priceline type programs.
Chet's overuse of capital letters notwithstanding, I think that Comfort Suites fits your needs just fine. It provides very easy access to Wrigley via the Red Line subway, is 2 blocks from Michigan Avenue, less than a block from State Street, and easily walkable to most of the Loop and River North, convenient to cabs and Navy Pier and buses to get to the Museum Campus.

That said, I agree with him that $200, outside of peak holidays or peak conventions, does go quite a long way on Priceline, so you could probably get an even nicer hotel or larger room using that.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,421,872 times
Shatner and "Naomi Pryce" are a great duo -- it gets me WORKED UP...

Old 05-18-2011, 10:42 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,260,043 times
Hyatt Regency took my bid for $100 on priceline this past Saturday. Hyatt Regency is much, much nicer. I suspect $200 could get me A LOT more.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:42 AM

Well Comfort Inn is for $151. Is that a good price? I'm trying to find somewhere that is close to transportation to make it easier when they go to Wrigley. It's all confusing to me as we do not use public transportation. If you have other suggestions, they would be appreciated.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anl View Post
Well Comfort Inn is for $151. Is that a good price? I'm trying to find somewhere that is close to transportation to make it easier when they go to Wrigley. It's all confusing to me as we do not use public transportation. If you have other suggestions, they would be appreciated.
That's paying retail. Do yourself a favor and save a ton of money by using priceline.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Hyatt Regency took my bid for $100 on priceline this past Saturday. Hyatt Regency is much, much nicer. I suspect $200 could get me A LOT more.

Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 East Wacker Drive,

Is it this one? This says 4 blocks to train...that's still easy walk, right?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,215,957 times
For the most part ANY hotel in downtown Chicago is going to be within a few blocks of an L station. 4 blocks is probably 8 minutes.

Just from glancing at Expedia, the Tremont is a nice hotel in a good location and is only $124 per night. I agree to go on Priceline. As long as you're looking on North Michigan or around Grant Park you'll be totally fine as far as location.

Last edited by Chicago60614; 05-18-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anl View Post
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 East Wacker Drive,

Is it this one? This says 4 blocks to train...that's still easy walk, right?
That's the one. In June, that ought to be an easy walk to State and Lake redline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago