Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this article correct?
No, there was way too much hype going on. 3 25.00%
Yeah, that seems about right. 8 66.67%
No, it wasn't hyped up enough. 0 0%
Can you believe this OP? What a jag. 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,871,142 times

Advertisements

What do you think of the article?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...f-fuel-success
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 08:33 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,174 times
As someone in the culinary industry I do not think so.Look at the restaurants in Chicago and it is amazing at the quality and quantity of available viable options to eat at. I am moving to Chicago from Charlotte to further my culinary skill and career. So as for me someone looking at it from an industry stand point, the hype is real.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:52 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,933,292 times
Chicago does seem like a kind of playground for chefs in a way. Tons of people like to eat out here and that's not even counting the number of tourists who eat out here. Also, the hoardes of salesmen trying to get a deal and taking a potential client (or current client) out to eat.

I was thinking about this the other night how some chefs just kind of easily opened up places here and also which areas of town they go to (West usually now). There's a ton of people who are passionate about food (both cooking and eating it) here (including me), so it CAN be a good venue if you have some good to show us. I mean, if you think about all the single people out there, and what most people do? Drink, eat, hang out etc.

Food is a big thing here. I don't think it's too hyped, although maybe the types of places are more hyped, but that's another story. Give me a place with an amazing atmosphere that's not wildly expensive that can foster thought, or just meeting new people, or a good date spot, or whatever and there's a ton of people who are going to come and have a good time.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM

955 posts, read 1,832,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
I can't speak for the theater, but the restaurant scene is pretty amazing. It's the biggest reason why I spend my time in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago