Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:27 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,085 times

Advertisements

As that poster brings up, he was there, but not a resident, that could be the same case with the hardbodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
Wonder if the OP is somehow a selling agent connected with the aforementioned property. The question seems pretty specific. I would guess most people would ask generally about an area, not just a specific address.
I wondered that, too, but if that were the case I don't think he'd throw in the "I heard the people are stuck up" part as part of his sales pitch. Then again, perhaps that appeals to some people?

I also don't think he'd have asked the question he asked if he was trying to promote his address as the "it" property, since he could probably guess that the responses would be along the lines of, "Uh, no, nobody gives a shyt" rather than, "Oh, yeah, you are so totally right! That is the 'it' building!"

Old 04-03-2013, 04:51 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,167,198 times
It was basically one of the first residential high-rises built to kick off the most recent highrise boom downtown. I don't know many people who give a damn about "lifestyle amenities" and at this point it's no longer even in the top 10 as far as quality buildings downtown, but it's big, well-located, and if you want to live there and pay their prices, then knock yourself out. I think even in River North you can find better deals, though.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
I think even in River North you can find better deals, though.
For sure. I've been in very nice one and even two bedroom places in River North that rented for less than some of the studios in this building. I don't know if they had "sick amenities" or not, but then I also don't know WTF that even means.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Ha! This could backfire on you if you think you are cute and then you start to hit on all the "hot babes" in the building. If you are creepy or non-hot then when the other renters see you comin, they will say oh no there's that weird guy! (or reverse if you are a creepy girl sorry its just something i think about when you go date hunting in the place you work or live,, you have to live or work with these people, make sure you are not bothering them. I think if i were looking to date people in my building, I'd be more low key about it. Hope that makes sense. What I am sayhing is - I would not move to a place to go date hunting (for the same reason you dont generally find a job just to find a hot date).

Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM

359 posts, read 549,077 times
Personally, I no longer date people I work with, nor who live in my building. If it doesnt work out, it can get awkward. Plus, there are enough great women out there, that I dont have to restrict myself to people in my building or in my office.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Some of these new buildings are rediculously overpriced on rent. For example, AMLI is building a new building on Hubbard, looks like it will be a nice building, but some of the STUDIOS are going for unbelievably high rent, like $2000 a month...and when you look at the floor plans online, some of these $2000/month studios do not even have room for a bed...they only have room for a fold-away couch...I'm sorry, but that is a rip-off...something is seriously wrong if you have to pay $2000 for a studio.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
Some of these new buildings are rediculously overpriced on rent. For example, AMLI is building a new building on Hubbard, looks like it will be a nice building, but some of the STUDIOS are going for unbelievably high rent, like $2000 a month...and when you look at the floor plans online, some of these $2000/month studios do not even have room for a bed...they only have room for a fold-away couch...I'm sorry, but that is a rip-off...something is seriously wrong if you have to pay $2000 for a studio.
Are they overpriced if people lease them?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Are they overpriced if people lease them?
From an Econ 101 perspective, no they are not...but people who do lease at that price are paying a serious opportunity cost.

I would say though, that we dont know yet if anyone is leasing at that price, I think leasing just began at the building in the last week or so, so if people are actually paying that price, I dont know.

However, with the amount of inventory getting ready to come online, I would say that one would be crazy to be willing to pay that price for such a tiny amount of space.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,061,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post

Same thing with EnV. My friend lives there and has been looking at AMLI, same prices. 1, Beds start at $2,500 or so. It's pretty insane. Sure the units are nice but they are also pretty small for the price. You are paying for the "prestige". It's not much different than driving a Mercedes when a Honda will do the same job at a much cheaper price. It's basically just showing off because you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: