Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:31 PM

145 posts, read 643,924 times

Advertisements

Is this thread for real? On my commute every day, there seem to be GAZILLIONS of thin, good looking women (or it could be that my standards are too low or the aesthetic different somehow but I doubt it) on the bus or walking. In my place of work, every third person is a cute girl in her 20s (and most likely a Trixie from what I understand from reading these forums).

Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,618,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
I could say the same thing about my girl, but you know now that I think about it.................as incredible as she is, she doesn't count as a Chicagoan. She's lived here for a few years, but she's originally from Mississippi. When I lived in Alabama, I met quite a few girls from Mississippi who were just..............sexy. So it only makes sense that I'm dating a girl from there now, I've always loved Mississippi girls.

I just happened to meet her in Chicago, but it's not like she was born and bred here. So Chicago just lost the one point that it had with me when it came to women.

Seriously though man. Chicago's not bad, but damn. A lot of these women here are either too rough or too heavy for me. I like women are who are....................you know, feminine. Southern girls know what I'm talking about, that's why I'm glad to be dating one. Northern girls? I don't know, man..................I like everything else about the North but these damn women. Well, some of them anyway, they're not all bad. But admittedly the most attractive women (personality wise) that I've met seem to be either from the South or someplace that's borderline southern, like St. Louis, Cincinnati, Washington, D.C. New York is the only truly northern city where I could see myself out on the dating scene and actually finding women that I would want to date with relative ease.

_
OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE has been turned down alot by "northern women"

Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,664,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
I could say the same thing about my girl, but you know now that I think about it.................as incredible as she is, she doesn't count as a Chicagoan. She's lived here for a few years, but she's originally from Mississippi. When I lived in Alabama, I met quite a few girls from Mississippi who were just..............sexy. So it only makes sense that I'm dating a girl from there now, I've always loved Mississippi girls.

I just happened to meet her in Chicago, but it's not like she was born and bred here. So Chicago just lost the one point that it had with me when it came to women.

Seriously though man. Chicago's not bad, but damn. A lot of these women here are either too rough or too heavy for me. I like women are who are....................you know, feminine. Southern girls know what I'm talking about, that's why I'm glad to be dating one. Northern girls? I don't know, man..................I like everything else about the North but these damn women. Well, some of them anyway, they're not all bad. But admittedly the most attractive women (personality wise) that I've met seem to be either from the South or someplace that's borderline southern, like St. Louis, Cincinnati, Washington, D.C. New York is the only truly northern city where I could see myself out on the dating scene and actually finding women that I would want to date with relative ease.

_
Last I checked, Missouri was still a part of the midwest.

I will give some credit to the theory that we Chicago women can be... a little harsh. The issue at play here is one of power: Here in the middle of the country, we're more accustomed to being in positions of power. We just don't put up with the same gender issue related crap you'd find in California, where the women actually accept the idea that they are to be taken care of. And god knows, NYC is even worse. Coastal culture is just very different in this regard.

There's also far less emphasis here on looks and fashion. It's just not important. In Chicago, you will actually have to succeed on your personality and skills. It's shocking and scary, I know, but that's the way it is.

I myself have zero patience for pretense. I'm a cultured professional with an extreme degree by this point of expertise. If that's too much for someone who likes soft and feminine and nonthreatening, then you're obviously nowhere near strong enough for me.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 PM

313 posts, read 676,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE has been turned down alot by "northern women"
I think so

Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,600 times
Only good looking women in Chicago aren't even from Chicago, they're from Poland.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
Only good looking women in Chicago aren't even from Chicago, they're from Poland.
yaaaaaaawn.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,587 times
Was driving around Chicago just now. Very good looking women in cars and walking around. None of you have been outside in the downtown area after sunlight and on a friday evening?

Old 11-03-2007, 01:02 AM

325 posts, read 1,473,690 times
Hmmmm, I'm a Chicago girl, even though I now live in California. I like to think I fit the "definition" because of the following: I'm spirited and independent (Midwest values); I like sports and can hang with the best of them, in and out of bars; I grew up in a varied and cultural place, therefore I enjoy and appreciate the theater, opera and the like as well as a smash-mouth football game; I can hold my own and work hard; I enjoy exercise and I enjoy people; I make no pretense of who I am, make no presumptions of who others are and I face each day as an opportunity to stake out who I am and who I want to be. If I look "good" while doing these things, it's a bonus and not my priority. (Though I'm a pretty good-looking woman and not by any means a model. IE, look good for being almost 40, but don't need the CA botax, surgery, trainer, etc.)

Old 11-03-2007, 08:26 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw68 View Post
Hmmmm, I'm a Chicago girl, even though I now live in California. I like to think I fit the "definition" because of the following: I'm spirited and independent (Midwest values); I like sports and can hang with the best of them, in and out of bars; I grew up in a varied and cultural place, therefore I enjoy and appreciate the theater, opera and the like as well as a smash-mouth football game; I can hold my own and work hard; I enjoy exercise and I enjoy people; I make no pretense of who I am, make no presumptions of who others are and I face each day as an opportunity to stake out who I am and who I want to be. If I look "good" while doing these things, it's a bonus and not my priority. (Though I'm a pretty good-looking woman and not by any means a model. IE, look good for being almost 40, but don't need the CA botax, surgery, trainer, etc.)
See???? THAT'S why I love Chicago women.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 AM

343 posts, read 1,608,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
You seem like such an intelligent, affable dude. I'm shocked that women here aren't falling over themselves to get close to that winning personality.
As long as I'm not using this as a dating board i'm fine...and im not, trust me. Fact is, chicago was just ranked the fattest city in the usa. Didn't say men or women weren't nice on here, just that people native to chicago, particularly the burbs, tend to be hefty. I would say the majority of guys over 35 in the burbs are carrying hefty bellies...same with the women. Only areas that are fit to any extent would be the north shore, lakeshore areas, and perhaps naperville....thats it...walk around the taste, which is a fair representation of the area, and see the fat folk pig out in all directions. Not looking to get laid or anything on this post. Just saying that women are mighty hefty in Chicago, much like Houston or Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago