Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Well yeah, it's a big city... you're going to see more people in general and of course more obese people. But there are just a lot of variables. I've seen more obese people in Los Angeles than I expected to, even though the % is lower. Plus, you never know if they are just visitors/tourists. The only thing I can really comment on is the data.
We went to Seatlle this summer. There were a lot of obese people there. Especially Washington outside Seattle proper. Seemed fatter to me than here really.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,168,513 times
I was in Hyde Park over the weekend and was getting some take-out with a friend of mine. Two plus-sized women were sitting across the room eating huge portions of food. Finally they finished and stood up to leave. The bigger of the two said, "Damn, that food made me feel FAT!"

Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
I was in Hyde Park over the weekend and was getting some take-out with a friend of mine. Two plus-sized women were sitting across the room eating huge portions of food. Finally they finished and stood up to leave. The bigger of the two said, "Damn, that food made me feel FAT!"
I bet they were drinking Diet Coke too.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I bet they were drinking Diet Coke too.
I always love the Diet Coke drinker with the big plate of highly unhealthy food.

Last edited by Vlajos; 10-15-2013 at 03:02 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 06:40 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,574,570 times
anyone who goes around typing rants about fat women, alpha/beta males, and losers is probably mentally unstable and a creep/rapist PUA type

Old 10-16-2013, 06:41 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
anyone who goes around typing rants about fat women, alpha/beta males, and losers is probably mentally unstable and a creep/rapist PUA type
Or at the very least is someone who is frustrated with their dating life/options, or lack thereof.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:53 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,574,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Or at the very least is someone who is frustrated with their dating life/options, or lack thereof.

That's too generous, people who use this language and have these kind of hang-ups come from a very specific mold.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Back when I was just out of college, we used to look in The Reader at the various dating sections. Of course you have the standard women seeking men, men seeking men etc. permutations but you would also have an "Other" category which was generally fun to read. Yeah, "other" had all kinds of interesting stuff.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
That's too generous, people who use this language and have these kind of hang-ups come from a very specific mold.
Perhaps it does sound too generous, but frustration and disappointment can lead some people to say, or even do crazy things.

The rant may have been a bit much, but as politically incorrect as what I'm about to say may be, I personally don't see someone who doesn't want date overweight has a "hang-up." Overweight or obesity is not physically or sexually attractive to a lot of people, male and female.

However, going all into the alpha/beta-male stuff is also a bit much, as while the person on the rampage may believe he's an alpha-male, he most likely isn't one--because alpha-males (or even really good-looking beta-males) don't need Craigslist to find women.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,458,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I found it to be sad/pathetic more than funny, but I realize there's a fine line between comedy and tragedy sometimes.

People like this blame everything and everyone except themselves for their lack of dating success. That attitude makes them even less attractive to others, which makes them even less successful in dating, which makes them blame others even more, and the spiral continues.
This is the correct answer. When he hits his late 30s he'll be complaining that every woman in Chicago who is available is over 40 and has 5 cats. It's a "world is conspiring against me" syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago