Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:50 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Wait, so you can't afford a place to live, yet you can have working internet access, electricity, and a computer to type all of this out? How about getting your priorities straight first.
psst, there are these places called LIBRARIES where people from all walks of life can use the computers and access the internet for FREE. Who da thunk, right?

#welcometothe21stcentury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 05:17 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
psst, there are these places called LIBRARIES where people from all walks of life can use the computers and access the internet for FREE. Who da thunk, right?

#welcometothe21stcentury
Do you know OP is in a library? Perhaps, but more often than not nowadays, people, even low income people, spend more money on Xbox's, iPhones, New PCs, etc., instead of even getting shoes to put on their feet. Wouldn't be surprised if OP is the same way...

Old 06-28-2014, 05:27 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

#welcometothe21stcentury
Do you know OP is in a library? Perhaps, but more often than not nowadays, people, even low income people, spend more money on Xbox's, iPhones, New PCs, etc., instead of even getting shoes to put on their feet. Wouldn't be surprised if OP is the same way...

Old 07-14-2014, 04:55 AM

26 posts, read 32,255 times
Quote:
Wait, so you can't afford a place to live, yet you can have working internet access, electricity, and a computer to type all of this out? How about getting your priorities straight first.
I said I was "going to be" homeless, I am using my dads internet from my computer, and as another user said there are libraries when I become homeless... which I will be since my parents are kicking me out in a week or so and even then I am going on craigslist to see who can help me out since shelters scare me.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Well I only have a computer, but I do have a pair of shoes as well.. and no I wouldn't spend whatever money I have left on ****, I would use it as gas money if anything.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstruck666 View Post
Dying of natural causes is what cold, heartless people do too, and they die alone because nobody likes them.
Well I may just die alone then... but people just do not seem to like me for no reason... been avoided by people my entire life except from people that would steal to me, lie to me or otherwise.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:25 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencincy View Post
whoa whoa whoa . . . your terminology "get rid" tells me you've never had a good relationship with a dog. And they do have relationships. "Get rid" means kill unless otherwise noted. "Find a new home", with emphasis on home, would be the appropriate suggestion, and even then it's extremely difficult for the owner.

@subconsciousme- thanks for mentioning crisis foster care for dogs.
Actually, grew up with dogs my entire life (cats, fish, birds, lizards, snakes, etc). I like dogs, (don't have one now because the kids are enough work), but when people start treating their pets like people, there's something wrong.
This person claims to be homeless, claims to have no money, yet has a dog. Unless that's some kind of new breed that doesn't require feeding and vet care, then that dog is costing them money they don't have.

Why not just tie it up outside a shelter with a note "please find my dog a good home. I can no longer care for it properly." Problem solved.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVampireLov3rXx View Post
I said I was "going to be" homeless, I am using my dads internet from my computer, and as another user said there are libraries when I become homeless... which I will be since my parents are kicking me out in a week or so and even then I am going on craigslist to see who can help me out since shelters scare me.
Why don't you try making amends with your parents? You seem to think becoming homeless is going to be some cool adventure like backpacking cross country with friends.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Why don't you try making amends with your parents? You seem to think becoming homeless is going to be some cool adventure like backpacking cross country with friends.
there are no amends to be made considering I did not do anything wrong, my mom wants me gone so she can finally be free of me... selfish reasons... And being homeless is not going to be fun if anything I am dreading it!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:24 AM

Why don't you just get a job and get your own apartment where you currently live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago