Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times

Advertisements

3 murders so far in 2011, not counting the police shooting. The Red Eye is not counting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
3 murders so far in 2011, not counting the police shooting. The Red Eye is not counting it.
Updates on Thursdays,

Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
Nope, no offense would be taken. When someone tries to kill a cop, I'll gladly take the badguys death as a homicide. What else could it be classified as? Homicide is simply one person killing another regardless of circumstance.
He wasn't trying to kill a cop....

Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
He wasn't trying to kill a cop....
What was the guy trying to do then? Give the cop a love tap with his car?

"According to the police statement, the car, which was being driven by Davis, was stopped at a nearby gas station but after being ordered by police to get out of the car, the vehicle began moving in the direction of one of the officers "in an attempt to strike one of the officers.""

Cops: Man fatally shot by police after trying to run over officer - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2011/01/police-involved-shooting-on-south-side-2.html - broken link)

Cue this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/17196430-post47.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...probation.html

Old 01-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
What was the guy trying to do then? Give the cop a love tap with his car?

"According to the police statement, the car, which was being driven by Davis, was stopped at a nearby gas station but after being ordered by police to get out of the car, the vehicle began moving in the direction of one of the officers "in an attempt to strike one of the officers.""

Cops: Man fatally shot by police after trying to run over officer - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2011/01/police-involved-shooting-on-south-side-2.html - broken link)

Cue this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/17196430-post47.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...probation.html
First of all I WAS THERE so all that extra info you're showing me means nothing. Secondly the car was boxed in by police after the police rammed the car into the store. How can you run from the police when your car is rammed into the store and blocked in? How much momentum can on gain in the gas station??? You watch too much news- know the whole story before you comment MR. Fish

Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
First of all I WAS THERE so all that extra info you're showing me means nothing. Secondly the car was boxed in by police after the police rammed the car into the store. How can you run from the police when your car is rammed into the store and blocked in? How much momentum can on gain in the gas station??? You watch too much news- know the whole story before you comment MR. Fish
All one needs to die or get seriously injured is to hit one's head or get run over by a tire. So you do not deny the guy was trying to drive into the cop?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
All one needs to die or get seriously injured is to hit one's head or get run over by a tire. So you do not deny the guy was trying to drive into the cop?
READ THIS.....

as the police approached the black SUV at the gas station while in their vehicles- the black SUV preceded to move. The police saw that the SUV was about to move and rammed it into the store boxing him and the female passenger in- police exited their vehicles and gunfire soon followed. <---that is what happened.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
READ THIS.....

as the police approached the black SUV at the gas station while in their vehicles- the black SUV preceded to move. The police saw that the SUV was about to move and rammed it into the store boxing him and the female passenger in- police exited their vehicles and gunfire soon followed. <---that is what happened.
Go make an excessive force complaint then. If you don't, I won't believe a word you wrote.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Go make an excessive force complaint then. If you don't, I won't believe a word you wrote.
Honestly I don't give a damn what you believe, you can believe dogs fly and pigs meow....point is stop commenting on things you don't know the full story about

That was my cousin who died in that car- I was pulling into that gas station when it happened- the police could have handled the situation better

Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
That was my cousin who died in that car- I was pulling into that gas station when it happened- the police could have handled the situation better
Sucks to hear that. What's the odds you would be pulling in the station at the same time? You should file a complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago