Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 AM

226 posts, read 979,636 times

Advertisements

Blame MTV's Jersey Shore for making a forefront of the term "Guido". they are annoying after all. It's not comparable to the N word. "Guido" might be pseudo-derogatory, but whatever. Get over yourself.

oh, and do blame the Jews as you have already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
Guidos is an offensive and racist word, no different than the N word. Why has your post not been banned? Secondly, the major newspapers and news media are the #1 reason that Mobster and Italian are always linked- often ignoring stories on other crime syndicates. FYI- the media is run by Jews, not Italians- and this unfair stereotype will one day come to an end. Every other ethnicity has achived this respect, but Italian Americans still do not get treated on an equal playing field when it comes to slanders- such as the word Guido. Did you know that the #1 ethnicity of Americans to fight to protect our country in World War 2 was Italian Americans. Funny how that never made the front page if any newspaper.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:01 AM

ya Capone was cool. The founders of America were ruthless criminals as well yet people like to play dress-up as their "heroes" Georgie Washington and other of those scums the country celebrates by making a "holiday" out of it. Those founders are no different than what you would call a thug or a gangster. They had their way. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to take a day off on these "holidays". Don't make your political correctness be your own downfall. *slaps*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
You think Al Capone was cool ? He was a ruthless criminal and you think he was cool.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 AM

I see it here and there. But not enough to call an exterminator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
LOL where do you see that? I thought that was more of a NJ thing. The "guys" that I know and know of, you can tell they might be into something, but they certainly don't flaunt it. But maintaining a certain appearance is critical in this thing of ours.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Did you know that the #1 ethnicity of Americans to fight to protect our country in World War 2 was Italian Americans. Funny how that never made the front page if any newspaper.

I don't believe you. Cite a reliable reference.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM

333 posts, read 1,147,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsomewhere View Post
Blame MTV's Jersey Shore for making a forefront of the term "Guido". they are annoying after all. It's not comparable to the N word. "Guido" might be pseudo-derogatory, but whatever. Get over yourself.

oh, and do blame the Jews as you have already!
Why is slandering an Italian American any different from slandering an African American? Please explain this one to me.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
Quote:
Guidos is an offensive and racist word, no different than the N word. Why has your post not been banned? Secondly, the major newspapers and news media are the #1 reason that Mobster and Italian are always linked- often ignoring stories on other crime syndicates. FYI- the media is run by Jews, not Italians- and this unfair stereotype will one day come to an end. Every other ethnicity has achieved this respect, but Italian Americans still do not get treated on an equal playing field when it comes to slanders- such as the word Guido. Did you know that the #1 ethnicity of Americans to fight to protect our country in World War 2 was Italian Americans. Funny how that never made the front page if any newspaper.
I'm sure Polock is too but you don't see every polish person all up in arms over the use of the word and demanding marches and claiming hate speech over Polish Jokes. Nobody has the right to be offended it's something you choose. If you stop letting it offend you then guess what, it's not offensive. It loses it's sharp edge, but if you want to sit around and worry about people calling you names you're in for a long life.

Tired of the Italian image as mobsters? then stop having an American mafia in every US city.

Quote:
Every other ethnicity has achieved this respect, but Italian Americans still do not get treated on an equal playing field
Yeah nobody makes fun of Jews or blacks or Polish people or any other ethnicity it's just the Italians that get all the disrespect. Grab a blanket because you're way too thin skinned for this weather.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM

333 posts, read 1,147,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I'm sure Polock is too but you don't see every polish person all up in arms over the use of the word and demanding marches and claiming hate speech over Polish Jokes. Nobody has the right to be offended it's something you choose. If you stop letting it offend you then guess what, it's not offensive. It loses it's sharp edge, but if you want to sit around and worry about people calling you names you're in for a long life.

Tired of the Italian image as mobsters? then stop having an American mafia in every US city.

Yeah nobody makes fun of Jews or blacks or Polish people or any other ethnicity it's just the Italians that get all the disrespect. Grab a blanket because you're way too thin skinned for this weather.
Jews and Blacks can not be ridiculed in public or even on this forum. The posts would be banned immediately, so how is it just to allow slandering of Italian Americans on these sites? Sounds as if the moderator is not judging fairly. Also, Italian Americans in the mafia are about .001% of all Italian Americans- so that is a stereotype not worth even comparing. A large percentage of Spanish and African American men have been to jail or are gang related- but heaven forbid associating every minority as a gang banger or thug. Think about the unequal comparisons you have made. Sounds like pure, hypocritical Liberals at its best!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed! You saw him repressing me, didn't you?!?!"

Old 01-07-2010, 03:07 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed! You saw him repressing me, didn't you?!?!"
"I am your king...."

Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
"I am your king...."
You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago