Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 07:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,112 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am relocating to Rogers Park and I just wanted to know how safe this part of the city is?
The address I will be moving to is 6700 N. Sheridan Road. Is that a safe area to be commuting to and from school and work at night? I will using the CTA and traveling to downtown often. Please let me know, thanks in advance.
P.S
Any pointers or suggestions for me on staying warm as I will be moving there the day after Christmas. I know the winter kick my ass lol.

Last edited by JessJess88; 11-25-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 08:03 PM

57 posts, read 76,382 times
It'll be helpful if we knew what area your school and work are in terms of safety on CTA. Overall Rogers Park is pretty safe as far as I know. It's a mostly immigrant neighborhood and not as fast paced as downtown or the neighborhoods closer to the loop, but it does have character (especially along Devon Ave)

Old 11-25-2015, 08:11 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,192,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessJess88 View Post
Hello everyone, I am relocating to Rogers Park and I just wanted to know how safe this part of the city is?
The address I will be moving to is 6700 N. Sheridan Road. Is that a safe area to be commuting to and from school and work at night? I will using the CTA and traveling to downtown often. Please let me know, thanks in advance.
P.S
Any pointers or suggestions for me on staying warm as I will be moving there the day after Christmas. I know the winter kick my ass lol.
Rogers Park can be a bit sketchy in comparison to other parts of the North Side, but overall it's not bad, and 6700 N Sheridan is literally next door to one of Loyola University Chicago's undergrad dorms. The area is also patrolled by Loyola's campus safety. Just be vigilant late at night, and you should be fine. The closest L stop to you is the Loyola Red Line station, and it's only 2-3 blocks south on Sheridan from your address.

As for winter, buy a heavy winter coat to use when it's bitterly cold, in addition to a warm hat/ear muffs, gloves, and a scarf, and you should be fine.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSORD93 View Post
It'll be helpful if we knew what area your school and work are in terms of safety on CTA. Overall Rogers Park is pretty safe as far as I know. It's a mostly immigrant neighborhood and not as fast paced as downtown or the neighborhoods closer to the loop, but it does have character (especially along Devon Ave)
Both my school and work are downtown. I'll be going to Harold Washington College and working near by there also. 😊

Old 11-25-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
Rogers Park can be a bit sketchy in comparison to other parts of the North Side, but overall it's not bad, and 6700 N Sheridan is literally next door to one of Loyola University Chicago's undergrad dorms. The area is also patrolled by Loyola's campus safety. Just be vigilant late at night, and you should be fine. The closest L stop to you is the Loyola Red Line station, and it's only 2-3 blocks south on Sheridan from your address.

As for winter, buy a heavy winter coat to use when it's bitterly cold, in addition to a warm hat/ear muffs, gloves, and a scarf, and you should be fine.

Thanks so much I feel much safer and secure knowing I will be really close to the school ��
I'm guessing it's a nice neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: