Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:52 AM

35 posts, read 119,111 times

Advertisements

I hope someone in management with the BEARS sees this! I fell off the chair when i saw that you were signing that waiste of a QB to another year!! Does Angelo put Vodka in his coffee before making stupid decisions?!heres the mind of Jerry Angelo.. "hmmm....lets get rid of JONES and keep BENSON after he held out the whole training camp his rookie year, even after JONES did a outstanding job for us! Also, lets get rid of a good safety, CRIS HARRIS even if Mike Brown has had major injuries in the past 3 seasons." Get it through your heads....REX is sorry! it wasnt him that really won all 13 games that took us to the superbowl it was the DEFENSE!!! Kyle Orton in my opinion is much better. I know some peple think that its the O-Line, but its really not. If Rex knew how to work in the pocket and not take 20 steps backwards it would help. Maybe instead of keeping worthless Rex the BEARS should work on keeping BRIGGS! GEE, thats a thought! I am not a happy BEAR fan right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 03:07 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
I think Grossman did as well last year as could be expected of someone whose receivers couldn't catch a ball if they had superglue on their gloves (that is if they could ever break open past the secondary), an offensive line that gave him approximately .3 seconds of protection before a defensive tackle was crawling up his back, and a starting running back that couldn't gain 100 yards against a halfway decent college team. You could put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on that offensive crew right now and get about the same results we got with Grossman. I promise the minute Grossman gets on a halfway decent team, he'll do well and the Bears fans will be asking, "why did we ever get rid of him?"

Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
As a die-hard Packers fan, I commend the Chicago Bears for signing the excellent Rex Grossman. Keep up the good work, Angelo! Perhaps your next move could be to trade Lance Briggs for someone on the Dolphin's practice squad...

Old 02-23-2008, 04:55 PM

I agree, he should keep the crew the way it is so they can smack the Packers around a couple times next year too.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:01 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I agree, he should keep the crew the way it is so they can smack the Packers around a couple times next year too.
Don't you think they want to win a few more games than that? I mean, maybe next year they can sweep the Pack and go 2 and 14! How awesome would that be?!?

I'll stop being a Packer troll now...

Old 02-23-2008, 05:24 PM

Who knows, maybe they'll be lucky enough to make it to the playoffs and get beat by a 10-6 wildcard team when they get there.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:52 PM

Kruetz and Brown are not bad O-line. Ruben is not going to be with the club next season either! Fred Miller is GONE : )
LAST OFFENSIVE lineman we got was, Columbo. He broke his leg in a game against Rams and he is now a Starter with the Dallas Cowtoys doing good. All i gotta say to the Packers who give us a hardtime with our QB situation is, GEORGE, BUTKUS, SINGLETARY AND URLACHER! I cant name a HOF linebacker from the Hackers....lol

Old 02-23-2008, 06:00 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark3434 View Post
Kruetz and Brown are not bad O-line. Ruben is not going to be with the club next season either! Fred Miller is GONE : )
LAST OFFENSIVE lineman we got was, Columbo. He broke his leg in a game against Rams and he is now a Starter with the Dallas Cowtoys doing good. All i gotta say to the Packers who give us a hardtime with our QB situation is, GEORGE, BUTKUS, SINGLETARY AND URLACHER! I cant name a HOF linebacker from the Hackers....lol
Uhhhh Ray Nitschke? From the Chicago area of course though.:-) and an Illini LB just like Butkus.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 02-23-2008 at 06:14 PM..

Old 02-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Uhhhh Ray Nitschke? From the Chicago area of course though.:-)
yeah, but hes not even in the top 10 of greatest linebackers. in that case i can mention Sid Luckman!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:20 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark3434 View Post
yeah, but hes not even in the top 10 of greatest linebackers. in that case i can mention Sid Luckman!
I am a Bears fan buddy. But I can say RN is in the top ten LB of all time. It is widely accepted. I never said he was better than Butkus. But give credit where credit is due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago