Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:29 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Maybe they're working on something? Everytime I go there the escalator is being worked on, I just figured maybe there's some sort of construction.

Blago is obviously Batman, and Chicago transit is obviously the Joker. Don't you get it? Blago's saving the day for everybody else, but how are these people going to utilize their "free rides" if they don't have a bus to take anymore? I wish they'd just find a reason to put Blago in jail already.
Introduce a little anarchy, and these civilized people will eat each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:18 PM

725 posts, read 1,849,631 times
I have a rant now. I put $10 on my CTA card at the Main Street stop in Evanston and when I tried to come back from downtown today, the money wasn't registered. After the woman at the customer service window gave me dirty looks, asked me like 5 times if I was sure I didn't have another card, and made 2 phone calls, I had to give her all my info and she gave me a new card. I was glad I got the new card, but I hate being made to feel like I lied about it.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:21 AM

184 posts, read 766,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
CTA employees do alright for themselves financially, ghetto as some of them may be.
CTA employees are my biggest beef about the CTA.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:24 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
CTA employees are my biggest beef about the CTA.
they're not ALL bad.
i'd be pretty damn irritable myself if people were constantly on my case about things i have no control over...
oh, wait, that's any job where you have to deal with the general public.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:06 AM

184 posts, read 766,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
they're not ALL bad.
I'll assume you live on the northside where people complain enough to keep them from going overboard with disrespect. I'm on the southside and get the full brunt of their lack of customer service training. I've heard that the employees on the southside are so much worse because the peolple there don't complain enough. I'm getting better though. My last episode with one of them made me get on my computer and actually type a complaint letter. That made me feel much better.
Quote:
i'd be pretty damn irritable myself if people were constantly on my case about things i have no control over...
oh, wait, that's any job where you have to deal with the general public.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:44 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
I'll assume you live on the northside where people complain enough to keep them from going overboard with disrespect. I'm on the southside and get the full brunt of their lack of customer service training. I've heard that the employees on the southside are so much worse because the peolple there don't complain enough. I'm getting better though. My last episode with one of them made me get on my computer and actually type a complaint letter. That made me feel much better.

I've gotten yelled at over quarters... yes, QUARTERS, two weekends in a row at my customer service job, so I feel their pain.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
I am sick and tired of the CTA scamming for more money so they can waste even more.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I will start off with a little ditty I found a few days ago. Please blow off all the steam you can in this thread and also tell your stories!

================================================== ========
CTA Checklist---Feel free to add to this...

Enter train while people are still exiting.

Hold cell phone with arm upraised, elbow out so it is horizontal to the ground.

Check the time by straightening arm out, snapping elbow at right angle to reveal the timepiece.

Increase volume of voice while on the phone.

When a call comes in, say more than, “Excuse me, I’m still on the train. May I call you back in 10 minutes?”

Spit while you talk.

Eat food and dump crumbs on the seat, floor, etc.

Drink and leave the can or bottle on the floor.

Continually draw back your mucous instead of blowing your nose.

Cough without covering your mouth.

Sit with your legs splayed so that you take up 1 ½ seats.

Keep your personal items on the seat next to you.

Run your luggage wheels over as many toes as possible.

Play the staring game with an uninterested party.

Play your ipod so loudly everyone can hear it too.

Kiss, but making slurping noises.

Ignore your screaming child hoping it will all just go away.

Scream at your screaming child to make it stop screaming.

Fart without impunity.
My reply is.....WELCOME TO THE CITY!

Transit System are full of some of the worst low lifes in America, but if you can handle them youll be fine.

2 things you need. Shades & an Audio Player, With those 2 items nothing can bother you on a train. Nothing. If you expose your ears and eyes to these people, you are going to have some issues.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
A couple of weeks ago I had to go to O'Hare early Sunday morning, one of those days when it was -25 out, to drop off the ladyfriend. On the return trip, I tried to find a car that wasn't filled with bums, due to the smell factor. After passing about 5 cars all filled with them, I gave up and just took a seat.

I don't blame them either for the circumstances, especially when it's that cold. But the smell in that train was repulsive. When I got home, I was on the trib website a few hours later, and read that a homeless person was found dead on a blue line train from O'Hare that morning. So I'm left to wonder, was I that lucky person, sharing the same traincar as a dead man?
Welcome to the city!!!! wow! This is the best thread ever!!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
this man takes off his shoe and sock, and a sonic burst of funktitude assaulted my nose. Literally, everyone got up and either crowded the other end of the car, or went to another. I did not know that one foot was capable of producing something so foul.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! DAMN!!! Not a sonic burst?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago