Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,192,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The laws are still the same regarding criminals, and the criminal or negligent mis-use of firearms . It's only made it easier for the law abiding to be able to carry a gun for their own self protection.

The 2nd Amendment is a right just like all the rest and not a privilege. It should always be treated as such.
Rights have limits. SCOTUS has found as much, and that applies to all your other rights as well.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:08 PM

347 posts, read 521,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
Rights have limits. SCOTUS has found as much, and that applies to all your other rights as well.
No one is disputing this. Of course, there are limits to the second amendment, as all constitutional rights.

Although Illinois now has CCW, their gun laws still suck compared to a lot of other states. Since moving away from the jokes that are Chicago and Illinois, it's been wonderful to be able to purchase firearms lawfully and with ease. It's also much easier to carry concealed and openly here.

Every day, I give myself a big pat on the back for making the wonderful decision to leave Chicago and illinois behind. Sad to see anti-gun democrats destroy a state and city that used to be so wonderful.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:55 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
There's a difference between rights and laws. Rights are there to protect individual civil liberties from tyranny by a majority. (The purpose of the 2nd Amendment.) Our nation was founded as a Constitutional Republic because of that. Laws are there to punish criminal acts as they should be. By committing a criminal act an individual forfeits some but not all of those rights. As the saying goes:"Your rights end at the point of my nose."

As long as an individual doesn't commit a criminal act they should be left the hell alone. They should not have to be held subject to laws whose only purpose is to criminalize their lawful behavior and possessions. Such as New York's "Safe Act" or any other gun control proposals that will have little affect on criminal behavior. Most of these laws are for political retribution. What better way to punish your political enemies than to criminalize their lawful behavior and possessions? New York's Gov. Cuomo made that quite clear when he boasted after the "Safe Act" was passed that: "people that do not think like him are not welcome in New York". Actually these are his exact words:
Quote:
Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are and they're the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are.
I've already mentioned this ad nauseam: There are already enough laws that address the criminal and or negligent mis-use of firearms. Along with laws that address every type of criminal act imaginable.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:39 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
No one is disputing this. Of course, there are limits to the second amendment, as all constitutional rights.

Although Illinois now has CCW, their gun laws still suck compared to a lot of other states. Since moving away from the jokes that are Chicago and Illinois, it's been wonderful to be able to purchase firearms lawfully and with ease. It's also much easier to carry concealed and openly here.

Every day, I give myself a big pat on the back for making the wonderful decision to leave Chicago and illinois behind. Sad to see anti-gun democrats destroy a state and city that used to be so wonderful.
If you're glad you left Chicago why do you still frequent forum pages about Chicago.

I would think that your new place is so wonderful that Chicago would be a distant memory.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:14 AM

347 posts, read 521,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
If you're glad you left Chicago why do you still frequent forum pages about Chicago.

I would think that your new place is so wonderful that Chicago would be a distant memory.
Don't get your panties in an uproar. I enjoy watching the destruction from afar. If you think I somehow envy you for living in that financially doomed and basketcase of a city and state, you're nuts.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:24 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
You've nailed it!
Yep, gang banger problem. Not a gun problem especially when 80,000 felons try to buy guns and they don't prosecute.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Nice, just got my FOID card and need to look into the training course next. I was under the impression the classes were $300ish.
I thought they were expensive too until a did a Google search. There are some good deals out there.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:40 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I thought they were expensive too until a did a Google search. There are some good deals out there.
Most instructors in the Chicago area try to price gouge people by charging $250+. I found an instructor who did a class for two people for $120 total. I brought a friend from work to take advantage of the deal.

Sure, it's 16hr of training, but most 8hr training classes in other states are less than $100. I think I paid $55 for my NC class years back. There's no reason to charge $250-350 for 16hr.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:40 AM

9 posts, read 8,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
Don't get your panties in an uproar. I enjoy watching the destruction from afar. If you think I somehow envy you for living in that financially doomed and basketcase of a city and state, you're nuts.
To each his own. I just moved to Chicago and I think it's a gorgeous and vibrant city. But hey we don't have to all like the same things.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:46 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
no one who knows anything about Chicago would disagree about it being a beautiful and, in certain areas, a vibrant city..

post your feelings a years from now; it will take you that long to really know what you think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago