Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 07:14 PM

157 posts, read 186,984 times

Advertisements

Other than cost and lack of parking, Lincoln Park is a really great neighborhood. Sounds like you are on the right track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 08:30 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
I'm a little confused, you said in a previous post that you'd aim to live near the blue line, but then you mentioned Lincoln Park. You do know that the blue line doesn't go anywhere near LP right? The brown line passes through the western part of LP.

BTW, you also said you won't be traveling to the city too often, but this isn't London. I know "The City" there refers to a small specific area. Here "the city" is ALL of Chicago, some of which is not that urban. We say "downtown" or "the Loop". The Loop has a very specific definition. There are lots of opinions of what constitutes "downtown". It seems to vary by how far the speaker lives from the central business district.

At any rate, good luck with your housing search. I hope you won't be too lonely working remotely.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:37 PM

11 posts, read 9,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitgirl View Post
I'm a little confused, you said in a previous post that you'd aim to live near the blue line, but then you mentioned Lincoln Park. You do know that the blue line doesn't go anywhere near LP right? The brown line passes through the western part of LP.

BTW, you also said you won't be traveling to the city too often, but this isn't London. I know "The City" there refers to a small specific area. Here "the city" is ALL of Chicago, some of which is not that urban. We say "downtown" or "the Loop". The Loop has a very specific definition. There are lots of opinions of what constitutes "downtown". It seems to vary by how far the speaker lives from the central business district.

At any rate, good luck with your housing search. I hope you won't be too lonely working remotely.
You're right! - I kinda merged Logan Square and Lincoln Park together. Looking closer - Lincoln Park is more red line whereas Logan Square is blue line region.

Thanks for the info - I'll try and change my vocab to "downtown" instead of saying city centre or anything like that.

And I hope so too..

Old 01-10-2018, 07:26 PM

Eugenie Terrace looked amazing - however I'm surprised it's around 1900$ for a 500sq ft studio! Is this normal?

Old 01-10-2018, 08:08 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzpdon View Post
Eugenie Terrace looked amazing - however I'm surprised it's around 1900$ for a 500sq ft studio! Is this normal?
Yup. It’s a popular area to live(!)

Look for pickup soccer games along the lakefront once (if it ever) warms up by May LOL

Old 01-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
Yup. It’s a popular area to live(!)

Look for pickup soccer games along the lakefront once (if it ever) warms up by May LOL
What makes it so popular? Is it because it's so close to the beach etc?

I'm having a bit of an issue, I can only commit to 6 months at the moment until I know more about my work, then I might be staying for 12 months. Eugenie permit a 6 month lease at a slight extra cost. However they mention that they will then offer another lease but potentially at a much higher rate due to it being around summer.

Any suggestions?

It seems like I can get a much cheaper studio apartment around River North / Gold Coast?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:56 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
I've always observed that Eugenie Terrace is somewhat pricier than other highrises in that general area. I'm not at all sure what justifies the extra cost.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I've always observed that Eugenie Terrace is somewhat pricier than other highrises in that general area. I'm not at all sure what justifies the extra cost.
I'm struggling to find any high-rises apartments around lincoln park that aren't that expensive. Are you talking about condos by any chance? It's been a bit difficult finding somewhere that does 6m/7m leases.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:42 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
Quote:
I'm struggling to find any high-rises apartments around lincoln park that aren't that expensive. Are you talking about condos by any chance? It's been a bit difficult finding somewhere that does 6m/7m leases.
yeah, that 6-7 month lease is probably part of your problem. Landlords will definitely charge more in that situation.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:53 PM

Yeah - there's a highrise in Logan square that's much cheaper so I might check that out. There's no real need for me to be in Lincoln Park or Downtown.

On the other hand 805 N Lasalle was an amazing apartment... but paying so much to not actually need to be in downtown seems rather silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago