Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 09:11 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times

Advertisements

Lightfoot is all talk. She’s enabling this repeatedly.
She needs to let police use the force they need to protect themselves, citizens and property. These people are domestic terrorists and should be charged as such.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:13 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lightfoot is all talk. She’s enabling this repeatedly.
She needs to let police use the force they need to protect themselves, citizens and property. These people are domestic terrorists and should be charged as such.
And the terrorists know she is soft that is why they keep coming back and have already made it clear they will keep coming back.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:39 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
This city is completely screwed. The police need to start taking drastic measures to stop these animals.... I'd say what I think they should do with their bodies, but I think I'd get reported......

Old 08-13-2020, 10:51 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
This city is completely screwed. The police need to start taking drastic measures to stop these animals.... I'd say what I think they should do with their bodies, but I think I'd get reported......
Don't even think about it, we get our drinking water out of that lake...

Old 08-13-2020, 11:19 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Don't even think about it, we get our drinking water out of that lake...
I was actually thinking of something completely different...but that's not a bad idea...lol...

Old 08-13-2020, 11:25 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
The attack on Jewelers Row is an abomination. My grandfather had a business there in the 30's till 63. He would be aghast at what Chicago has become. Sometimes even I am utterly astonished how it's gone into the toilet. This is a whole other level. Sadly I see it getting a lot worse before it gets any better. And you guys are gonna lose a LOT of decent businesses in the wake. Portland is your soul mate sadly.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 AM

11,481 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Great job, Chicago. The voters are getting exactly what they deserve.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:06 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yeah, that’s true about retail. But the Macy’s was really popular. Always lots of hustle and bustle like a typical Mag Mile big department store, so I’m still sad about the news.

I’m originally from the east coast where Macy’s is popular . The Mag Mile Macy’s is our equivalent to the NYC’s in Midtown Manhattan.
Nah, that would be the standalone Macy's on State. That's their "flagship" location here.

Anyone too young to remember what a craphole downtown had become by the late 70s/early 80s now understands why so many corporate offices and retailers packed up and headed for the suburbs before some of them started trickling back as downtown cleaned up its act. I don't think the corporate offices will move again because the downtown area is too well connected to public transportation from the rest of the metro area. As for retail... I don't know why they'd bother to stay. I'm betting most of the big-name stores on Michigan or State aren't that profitable anyway and are mostly just marketing showcases. Well, when that marketing image is inextricably tied to unrestrained mayhem and destruction, it doesn't have the same cachet any more.

Last edited by Bitey; 08-14-2020 at 02:19 AM..

Old 08-14-2020, 07:27 AM

63 posts, read 35,043 times
My friend worked at that Macy’s for years in the late 2010’s. The Mag Mile and the State Street Macy’s have been cannibalizing each other for years, to the point they’re not turning a profit.

They’ve been figuring out which to close for awhile. Personally I’m glad they’re keeping the State Street store and not the water tower place one.

As for some of the other comments in this thread......I suggest some of you hit up the jewelry counter at the closing sale. I’m sure there’ll be deals, and a few of you seem to need a strand of pearls to clutch.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownGuy3 View Post
My friend worked at that Macy’s for years in the late 2010’s. The Mag Mile and the State Street Macy’s have been cannibalizing each other for years, to the point they’re not turning a profit.

They’ve been figuring out which to close for awhile. Personally I’m glad they’re keeping the State Street store and not the water tower place one.

As for some of the other comments in this thread......I suggest some of you hit up the jewelry counter at the closing sale. I’m sure there’ll be deals, and a few of you seem to need a strand of pearls to clutch.
I agree with you. However...this mayhem does need to end. Chicago always rebounds from past rioting, and will rise again above this situation. But enough already. The stores can't continue stocking shelves if this is allowed to happen again, they will shutter. Mag mile is just way too cool to allow this to happen. Thieves got bags of good stuff, now that's enough, party needs to be over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago