Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 10:47 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
First domino ...soon the magnificent mile will be the new 8 mile
The Mag Mile...it was nice while it lasted...RIP

Old 08-15-2020, 10:52 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
The Mag Mile...it was nice while it lasted...RIP
Chicago itself was nice while it lasted.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:14 PM

885 posts, read 624,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Should also be noted that Mayor Lightfoot released a statement on the very possible/likely loss of N Mich Macy's and noted that still back in Febuary. Macy's notified the mall owners that they would probably not renew their lease when it was up.

https://chicago-suntimes-com.cdn.amp...ayor-lightfoot

Lord and Taylor vacated the other side space in 2006 when the New Mall owners wanted a tenant that was willing to pay more rent. That turned out to be. The American Girl store.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...om-water-tower

Lord and Taylor then also closed the State St store that year due to poor sales claimed.

Lord and Taylor didn't operate a store on State St. At its peak in number of stores in the Chicago area, there were 7 L&T sites. One was located in Chicago itself (Water Tower Place), and the other 6 were in suburban malls.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:32 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
The solution is two fold:

White people and police need to understand reform is necessary. Black people can not be treated like second class citizens. While we are a majority white country we have to understand that minorities should be treated equally and with respect and the same opportunities as others. The few cops that clearly abuse their powers like in the case of George Floyd and Philando Castile need to be held accountable legally. Simple adjustments to mindsets will go a long way.

Black people need to review their own culture and start to emulate others when it comes to families, values and work ethic. Look to the Asian, Hispanic and Indian communities for perfect examples. This "us against the world" mentality will not work. Also no one will listen when they continue to kill thousands of their own while calling out the handful of cases where its done by a white/cop. They have to realize that there is an appropriate "margin of error" when cops deal with citizens and some shootings are justified even if they appear incorrect when slowed down and reviewed by the media. Much different given split second decisions. Some examples are Breonna Taylor and Rayshard Brooks.

In the meantime we need a strong leader that comes down HARD on those who break the law. I'm all for stop and frisk too in communities based on violent stats. Either get your violent crime stats under x% and until then do stop and frisk.

Or even Nigerians: https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world...ise-you/86885/

Old 08-15-2020, 12:37 PM

148 posts, read 122,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
This city is completely screwed. The police need to start taking drastic measures to stop these animals.... I'd say what I think they should do with their bodies, but I think I'd get reported......
That’s why were leaving. Get the heck out of dodge before home values drop like a rock

Old 08-15-2020, 12:51 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
It's becoming rather clear you can no longer count on police support or response. A number of them are retiring or quitting wanting NO part of this mayhem. I can't fault them for that. The leadership some morons put in place in the city is the cause of it's demise. I don't think you've begun to see the worst of what lies ahead. I don't know what color you'd have to place on your glasses to filter out what is actually happening let alone what's about to happen. There is NO good to be found in it. More and more people will be armed to deal with the mess and it's going to be a near war environment there soon enough. If Biden get's in I'd head for the hills.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:55 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
It's becoming rather clear you can no longer count on police support or response. A number of them are retiring or quitting wanting NO part of this mayhem. I can't fault them for that. The leadership some morons put in place in the city is the cause of it's demise. I don't think you've begun to see the worst of what lies ahead. I don't know what color you'd have to place on your glasses to filter out what is actually happening let alone what's about to happen. There is NO good to be found in it. More and more people will be armed to deal with the mess and it's going to be a near war environment there soon enough. If Biden get's in I'd head for the hills.
If Biden gets in we all better head for the Hills!

Old 08-15-2020, 12:58 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
If Biden gets in we all better head for the Hills!
I'm already in the hills. I saw this coming many years ago

Old 08-15-2020, 01:29 PM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Maybe they can replace it with a Kohl's?
Why? Does Kohl`s want to get trashed?

Old 08-15-2020, 02:13 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,520,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Maybe they can replace it with a Kohl's?
They are in no position to do so. Kohl's has been in a downward slope for some time, they've been closing underperforming stores and even the Amazon return idea hasn't helped. In the first quarter 2020 they had a loss, albeit skewed due to Covid, of approximately 43 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago