Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 12:16 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times

Advertisements

Nah, I think I'll stick with my statement and watch you dems flop around like fish out of water next year when 'toilets' put the graduated tax whammy on the middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 02:31 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,362,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Nah, I think I'll stick with my statement and watch you dems flop around like fish out of water next year when 'toilets' put the graduated tax whammy on the middle class.
in other words, you have got nothing. Cop out. Every Illinois Republican from Edgar ( who started the pension crisis) to Rauner (who was ranked the worst Republican Governor in the nation and couldn't pass a budget if his life depended on it) has been a disaster. i love these Republicans who talk bigly without any facts, just like their president.

Last edited by Justabystander; 10-22-2020 at 02:40 PM..

Old 10-22-2020, 04:35 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS is exactly the problem with IL., folks that think democrats can do no wrong, put them back in office over and over again, keep paying, believe their lies, keep getting deeper and deeper in debt, keep expanding the payrolls, give automatic pay raises, put family and relatives on the payroll, the list goes on and on. You can't fix stupid !!
Very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results like Chicago voters do with democrats

Old 10-22-2020, 05:00 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
The only thing that makes me shake my head in disbelief is how people try to just sluff these actions off and tolerate it. They just never got the understanding that if it gets that bad you vote with your feet. And indeed record numbers of people are fleeing the state for that very reason. Others just stick their heads in the sand and try to justify it.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:17 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
in other words, you have got nothing. Cop out. Every Illinois Republican from Edgar ( who started the pension crisis) to Rauner (who was ranked the worst Republican Governor in the nation and couldn't pass a budget if his life depended on it) has been a disaster. i love these Republicans who talk bigly without any facts, just like their president.

I'll have to capitulate this debate to you, it's hard to argue with someone who makes up their own facts and puts them out as the truth. If you want to argue your point , I suggest you look in the mirror and try to convince yourself that you're right. Otherwise there's no point in discussing the reality of the situation with you. Illinois is a cesspool, caused by the democrats from top to bottom. Until you realize that, you are living in fantasy land.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:45 AM

997 posts, read 850,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Furloughs for NON UNION employees.
Since management employees don’t do any physical work, they are ALWAYS going to be laid off first, nothing to do with union/nonunion.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:49 AM

997 posts, read 850,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Illinois is insane. What Democrats have done to this city and state and the fact people still vote for them is indeed insane
What’s insane is, for folks like you that stay in a place that you constantly complain about. Vote yes for fair tax, that will speed things up for you and others who think the millionaires will move out and the. Force the state/cities into bankruptcy. Then they can reorganize under new rules.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:34 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
BTW Chicago enjoy your new tax hikes that the mayor you voted for just announced

Old 10-27-2020, 12:24 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
Since management employees don’t do any physical work, they are ALWAYS going to be laid off first, nothing to do with union/nonunion.
Pretty much any city employee is unionized. Physical work or not. They don't lay off the union workers because its next to impossible.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:28 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Default Bottom Line

Has anyone noticed that no one has mentioned what Mayor Lightfoot should have done differently? By the way, she's now pursuing looters relentlessly.

A claim of mismanagement is easy -- what type of action would have been preferable? Its insane to say she is doing it all wrong if a person does not have a clear idea of what doing it right means or the effect of same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago