Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 01:25 PM

4,647 posts, read 3,254,543 times

Advertisements

ChicagoMeO, YAYYYYYYYY!

I look forward to seeing the Conservatory again!! It is very beautiful there, and I have taken my children many, many times!

This is great news. I hope the Covid numbers continue to drop, and MORE things open for us!

Stay healthy and warm and happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 09:42 PM

Happy Easter. Today was a beautiful day! I brought my bicycle down. I parked by Barnes and Noble in Skokie, on Touhy. I rode as far south and west as the Dunning Library. And then over to Lincoln Square for lunch. En route to the Square I stopped at Gompers Park.

Thank you to those who mentioned Gompers Park. I checked out the area close to Pulaski. Very tranquil and beautiful! I saw many turtles and took pictures, to show my children.

I look forward to seeing more turtles and other animals as the weeks go on.

Have a great start to your week everyone!!

Old 04-04-2021, 10:54 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Happy Easter. Today was a beautiful day! I brought my bicycle down. I parked by Barnes and Noble in Skokie, on Touhy. I rode as far south and west as the Dunning Library. And then over to Lincoln Square for lunch. En route to the Square I stopped at Gompers Park.
That's a lot of pedaling, sir.

Great weather for it too.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:45 AM

jfre81, good morning.

It was a perfect day for bicycling, indeed! We ALL needed that weather to break this depressive situation.

I wish you, and all our readers, a hopefully great week to continue to get out there and be alive, happy and healthy!

Old 04-05-2021, 06:52 PM

106 posts, read 64,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
SonySegaTendo617, good morning. So now I have learned from Chicagoisthebest that Gompers Park is great for turtles in summer and you shared that Gompers park is good for sledding in the winter. Sounds like an all around great park then!

I have only hung around Evanston a handful of times. I actually do like the town. And it has some really nice parks/beaches.

And as colleague BOBNCHI shared the history of James Park, well, it sounds like that land changed for the better

Old Town is another area that sounds like it would have been interesting to see "back in the day". I don't mind going through it. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I got out and hung around places there. Nothing bad about the area. Just not my typical hang out spot.

STAY WARM!!
I'm sure you are speaking of little Gomps, Pulaski and Foster
I grew up in the neighborhood and caught my first fish there.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:28 AM

253 posts, read 199,053 times
Palmisano park because of the hill and views of the skyline.
And it's inside the urban fabric of Chicago away from downtown so normally only locals hang out there. Not mad crowded.

But the whole River park area is nice too. Especially if you bike/walk down the entire length starting on Lawrence ave in Ronan park north to like wherever it ends.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:19 AM

yasureoktoo, good morning.

Thank you for sharing your fishing story. It's amazing I've driven past that area so many times.

And this proves why bicycling is the best way to explore Chicago!

That is such a nice park. I really like how they set up steps around the water. And it looks like towards the south central area there is a little waterfall.

I took pictures of huge turtles, already out, and basking in the sun. I sent the pictures to my children.

Now we have this new park to explore together!

Old 04-06-2021, 07:27 AM

Chicago-guy, good morning.

My cousin from Milwaukee moved near 31st and Morgan, I believe ( but since has moved back here).There was a Maria's bar across the street. And I've driven by in car the Palmisano Park many times.

Come to think of it, I think I biked through it once. I heard there is a monastery nearby that serves breakfast! Anyone know about this???

And yes, River Park has been a favorite for all the years since my divorce, when I brought my kids down to Chicago.

The bike trail you mentioned would go as far as McCormack and Green Bay, in Evanston. I've done the route, and brought my annual summer Chicago riding group of friends, here in Milwaukee, to do the route. They loved it.

I came down to bike alone this past weekend. Someone told me that trail is now extended past McCormack and Green Bay. Anyone know??? Otherwise, I have some exploring to do!

Old 04-07-2021, 07:59 AM

504 posts, read 496,253 times
Humboldt Park is great, Garfield Park has the conservatory, and Lincoln Park is very nice too. Also, Washington Park / Jackson Park are amazing. McKinley/Columbus are nice smaller parks. All these major parks are fantastic, but I hate the streets going through them and left Douglas off the list b/c of Ogden..

Old 04-07-2021, 08:33 AM

OKParker, good morning.

Excuse me but I forgot: Is your name in reference to you having a connection to OAK PARK???

Because then I see you DO share Columbus Park with the Chicagoan City people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago