Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2023, 09:12 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,604 times

Advertisements

Newly arrived Migrants to Chiraq are welcomed to the city in the traditional chicago way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5xz...l=FOX32Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 10:20 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
When the good citizens, go "Charles Bronson" due to feeling unprotected, I PRAY the law protects them and is as lenient on them as they are on the LAW-BREAKING CRIMINALS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Unfortunately that's now how it works. The "Defund the Police" regime seems to develop an instant and newfound appreciation for the carceral police state when an otherwise law-abiding citizen engages in the sort of "community policing" the regime claims to prefer.
I give you Exhibit A: Daniel Penny. Granted this happened in New York, but I'm confident the same would have happened here under the same circumstances.

Old 05-15-2023, 06:09 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Newly arrived Migrants to Chiraq are welcomed to the city in the traditional chicago way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5xz...l=FOX32Chicago
And this was in River North, the "nice part of town." Even migrants will get the message and word will spread to avoid coming to Chicago at all costs. Everybody (including migrants) are afraid of the violence in this city. It's why it has a GLOBAL reputation for violent crime (Chiraq), and CRIME is the first thing everyone thinks of when you mention this city. So glad I am getting out of this place. This city continues its sad decline.....

Old 05-15-2023, 07:04 AM

84 posts, read 45,266 times
There's that video going around of folks in South Shore upset with the migrant influx also. Could be interesting...

Old 05-15-2023, 07:07 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
I understand that your new mayor takes office today.

That'll help.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:41 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
Bitet, et al., good morning,

So I have not seen the whole video on the subway, but I'm wondering if the man that was choked death was, in fact, a threat to anyone's safety?

I've told you already, I had a man punch me in the arm at the Howard Street platform. And I'm sure I could have taken the stance to fight back and indicate to any LEO that I defended myself with the notion that I was in a situation where I may have needed to stop a follow up of other punches from the man.... But I was very patient with the guy, and we worked through it. Gave each other a hug at the end!

As a martial arts practitioner/instructor, I had an idea of when the problem deescalated (keep in mind that after the man punched me, he jumped right up in my face and started arguing). I guess I COULD HAVE put him in a choke hold, or something.

With the guy in New York, I'm guessing he would have felt less of a struggle from the individual he had a chokehold in. AND those others standing around him could have each grabbed a limb incapacitated his leverage, so the Marine could have loosened his grip.

I 100% stand for people intervening. But unless I get more information, I think this WAS a wrong call. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for the loss of life of one individual. I'm sorry for some possible damage to another young man's future, as well.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
And this was in River North, the "nice part of town." Even migrants will get the message and word will spread to avoid coming to Chicago at all costs. Everybody (including migrants) are afraid of the violence in this city. It's why it has a GLOBAL reputation for violent crime (Chiraq), and CRIME is the first thing everyone thinks of when you mention this city. So glad I am getting out of this place. This city continues its sad decline.....
All I see all day everyday about this city is the violence. terms like 'Chiraq' and "Americas Shooting range" are the most popular nicknames now

Old 05-15-2023, 08:15 AM

Robert9, good morning,

I agree with the sentiment of individuals like personone, yourself, etc. that there has been an increase in situations (it seems A LOT more since Covid...hmmmmmm?) in the "nicer parts of town."

Old 05-15-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Robert9, good morning,

I agree with the sentiment of individuals like personone, yourself, etc. that there has been an increase in situations (it seems A LOT more since Covid...hmmmmmm?) in the "nicer parts of town."
Good Morning

As people keep saying sadly. We can no longer claim all the crime here is only in certain sections like we used to do

Old 05-15-2023, 08:44 AM

Robert9, my friend, there was a smash and grab last week on Northwest Highway in Norwood Park.

It is a "Streetwear" store, so THAT may be an indicator of some things.

The far north side neighborhoods are still holding on, though, for the greater part. And I think the other western border neighborhoods (Dunning, Montclare) are ok. That is to say, I have not heard of anything much going on....

God, I HOPE so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago