Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2023, 11:19 AM

735 posts, read 483,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Uh, you're welcome. I guess.
A Che shirt won't cause anyone to look twice because its about as shocking as seeing someone with a mohawk or green hair, or a septum piercing. (Yawn)
Curious though...The people you've seen sporting a Che tee, do you really think they're actual communists, or just trying* to be provocative and "edgy"?

*(and failing miserably)
I imagine that's his point. But to your point, no I don't think most of those idiots wearing Che t-shirts know jack sh*t about who he actually was or what he actually did...beyond being a "freedom fighter" TM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 12:17 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
A Che shirt won't cause anyone to look twice because its about as shocking as seeing someone with a mohawk or green hair, or a septum piercing. (Yawn)
Ah, now you're getting closer to the point...

Quote:
Curious though...The people you've seen sporting a Che tee, do you really think they're actual communists, or just trying* to be provocative and "edgy"?

*(and failing miserably)
... and just as soon, retreating away from it.

Maybe this crank is just trying to be provocative and "edgy" as well? What's the difference, except the degree of hyperventilation in the responses they evoke respectively?

Old 06-02-2023, 03:31 PM

219 posts, read 135,281 times
Quote:

*(and failing miserably)
People who wear Che shirts generally don't wear them to intimidate or agitate groups, especially persecuted groups. Swastika is an entire different ball game.

FYI, the guy who had the swastika also had a semi auto rifle and a flame thrower, so yeah I'd be afraid of someone like that.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:59 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
Good morning!

Yikes! I just read on off-duty police officer has been terminated, following taking his patrol car to Teasers in Norwood Park, where he had cocaine.

Norwood Park just had a bad story of a break-in at a business a couple of weeks ago.

Norwood Park, what happened??

Old 06-03-2023, 11:18 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Good morning!

Yikes! I just read on off-duty police officer has been terminated, following taking his patrol car to Teasers in Norwood Park, where he had cocaine.

Norwood Park just had a bad story of a break-in at a business a couple of weeks ago.

Terminated, no. Administrative leave, yes. And since his infractions were not duty-related, he's more likely to be suspended without pay for a few weeks than be terminated.

As for this happening in Norwood Park... not surprised. That's one of the "cop-friendly" Northwest side neighborhoods. I'd bet he lives fairly close by and the bar in question is one of his regular neighborhood hangouts.

Old 06-03-2023, 11:44 PM

219 posts, read 135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Good morning!

He was driving a CPD squad car while he had coke inside it. What the????????? Fox watching the hen house.

Old 06-05-2023, 05:39 AM

Bitey, good morning,

I'll have to see if there are any updates on this police officer situation....

I would HOPE that these things are NOT common in Norwood Park. I mean, I DO understand that many officers live in that area, but DAM, they should NOT have cocaine laying around!

Old 06-05-2023, 05:41 AM

Cool Arrow, good morning,

We have a saying where I work in the jail: At THIS point, NOTHING can surprise us from all we've seen!

Old 06-05-2023, 09:54 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Default 46 shot, 9 killed this past weekend

Another violent summer weekend

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shoo...oday/13346099/

Old 06-05-2023, 10:29 AM

personone, Thank you for sharing.

The Washington Examiner says both the Mayor and BLM have not commented about this.

Not sure how to take this.... "Nothing to see here... ?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago