Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 08:57 PM

3,447 posts, read 3,374,590 times

Advertisements

The survey is on this page, so please do fill it out and let them know. The more people take this survey(and the CTA board has issued this survey), the better chance that CTA finally starts to wake up and realize the lack of safety and lack of rule enforcement on L trains is a huge unresolved issue that is causing a loss in ridership. To me I don't care about them lowering the cost of CTA multiday/weekly/monthly passes, as more I care about them finally(for once ever, a long shot dream I know, but I'd like to see this addressed) addressing the lack of their rules properly being enforced on L trains. I find people tend to behave well on buses(even later at night), but on the L this is still an unresolved issue the CTA needs to figure out. I am so FREGGING tired about running into people being sneaky(especially homeless people) in the 'hobo corner' part of the railcar and smoking, those who walk between L cars and panhandle for money, etc. Granted these behaviors aren't a huge issue on certain L lines(i.e. Purple, Yellow, Orange), but it's a real embarrassment CTA doesn't do more to enforce their rules onboard L trains.

With BART doing a transit ambassador program to talk to those that are doing behaviors that are bothering other passengers, and NYC's new mayor announcing in January 2022 the creation of such a program to address people not obeying rules on the MTA subway in NYC, it is LONG overdue for CTA to address the lack of safety and lack of rule enforcement that too often is an issue on L trains. Anyway here is the survey the CTA board just created(and special thanks to a friend who told me about this survey), and I hope everyone besides myself fills it out: https://www.research.net/r/yourcta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 09:35 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Done

Old 02-27-2022, 09:56 PM

3,447 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Done
Thanks. The more people fill out this survey and share their feelings about the CTA(including saying their thoughts about riding the L, including had experiences), the more I hope it'll get the CTA board off of their butts to try ANYTHING to get this issue more under control. It is WAAAY long overdue, that the CTA does something about those who break the rules for riding L trains in service. I most want the issues of those sneaking smoking onboard L trains, and those who cross L railcars to panhandle to be resolved.

Old 02-28-2022, 05:37 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Thanks. The more people fill out this survey and share their feelings about the CTA(including saying their thoughts about riding the L, including had experiences), the more I hope it'll get the CTA board off of their butts to try ANYTHING to get this issue more under control. It is WAAAY long overdue, that the CTA does something about those who break the rules for riding L trains in service. I most want the issues of those sneaking smoking onboard L trains, and those who cross L railcars to panhandle to be resolved.
Lets hope so. I said plenty on mine

Old 02-28-2022, 07:28 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
Good morning, team!

This MAY matter to some, and maybe NOT to others: Any thoughts on the mask mandate on the L (and other public transportation?).

I was very happy to read today that the mask mandate and vaccine card mandate is CURRENTLY removed!

I had a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles experience on the L trains yesterday. I tried to get from Lincoln Square to Heart of Italy neighborhoods. The Brown Line stopped at Southport, and we all had to take a shuttle to Belmont.... And then when I got off in the loop, I was just SO excited to see a sign saying the Pink Line was NOT stopping at that platform.

So I just took another Brown Line back/shuttle/Brown Line again back!

And then I DROVE to Il Vicinato, for the first time, because I was NOT going to let this stop my fun and enjoyed a great meal.

I can't say THIS time I noticed any unruly behaviors on any ride (I was on the Red Line for a bit, too). There was one woman that boarded that was screaming aloud. But she seemed to be struggling with some mental health illness, and truthfully did not purposely try to bother anyone.

So on this particular trip, I did not see the panhandling or aggressive behaviors. But I have bore witness to them before, and I understand your frustrations.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:05 AM

154 posts, read 116,099 times
I was once on the train (red) when some nosy white lady with an unironic '50s look pushed the button on some guys trying to run three card monty. I was madder at her than them for disrupting the entire train with her self-appointed bs.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:08 AM

Ycomoque, good morning.

She must have been reading that sign that said: Gambling prohibited on CTA Lines.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:36 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,580,285 times
That was a thorough study, but they focused way too much on COVID. No one is worried about catching COVID there compared to the attention of a lunatic or hoodrat. Security and removing homeless is all that matters.

Also, oh yay, a shooting at the Grand Red line an hour ago. Must be those pesky Asians at it again.

Old 02-28-2022, 11:03 AM

154 posts, read 116,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Ycomoque, good morning.

She must have been reading that sign that said: Gambling prohibited on CTA Lines.

The problem was the response to it since an agent has to come to the car when the button is pushed. Unfortunately there's no accounting for the speed of this agent thus giving the guys ample time to run off as soon as the doors opened again.

She accomplished nothing but delaying the whole train.

Old 02-28-2022, 11:11 AM

Ycomoque,

That sounds like a Lose-Lose situation.

LITERALLY!

Have a great day, my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago