Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2023, 06:16 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,730,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Arrow View Post
They have every right to challenge it and call it out. Investigate it by all means. Likewise Chicagoans have every right to call out Vallas's pro MAGA views
I am not aware of pro MAGA views. However, apparently Johnson has a long history of not paying his bills. He's a deadbeat. He won't pay his obligations but wants to raise every tax imaginable.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...id-city-bills/

Old 04-01-2023, 10:45 AM

180 posts, read 635,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I am not aware of pro MAGA views. However, apparently Johnson has a long history of not paying his bills. He's a deadbeat. He won't pay his obligations but wants to raise every tax imaginable.

Lol - yep that's because Paul Vallas's pro-MAGA views are entirely made up by the Johnson campaign. Seems weird to me that Dick Durbin, Jessie White, and Bobby Rush would endorse Vallas if he was MAGA guy but what do I know .

Expanding on the water bill bit, this is just too (&)$ing much and at this point personifies the Johnson campaign:

Regarding Johnson's ~$4K backdue water bills, fines, etc. his campaign has responded:

“Like many working and middle class Chicagoans, the Johnson household has received various fines and fees from the City of Chicago over the years. These fines and fees are on a previously established payment plan and are on schedule to be fully resolved before Brandon Johnson takes office as our next mayor,” Johnson’s campaign said.

Yeh... Brandon Johnson who makes $90K per year as a Cook County Commissioner and and additional ~$86K per year as a lobbyist the CTU ($176K per year in total if we're keeping a running total) is a bonified member of the struggling working class who can't possibly afford his city water bill.

Old 04-01-2023, 12:00 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,901,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebitdadada View Post
Lol - yep that's because Paul Vallas's pro-MAGA views are entirely made up by the Johnson campaign. Seems weird to me that Dick Durbin, Jessie White, and Bobby Rush would endorse Vallas if he was MAGA guy but what do I know .

Expanding on the water bill bit, this is just too (&)$ing much and at this point personifies the Johnson campaign:

Regarding Johnson's ~$4K backdue water bills, fines, etc. his campaign has responded:

“Like many working and middle class Chicagoans, the Johnson household has received various fines and fees from the City of Chicago over the years. These fines and fees are on a previously established payment plan and are on schedule to be fully resolved before Brandon Johnson takes office as our next mayor,” Johnson’s campaign said.

Yeh... Brandon Johnson who makes $90K per year as a Cook County Commissioner and and additional ~$86K per year as a lobbyist the CTU ($176K per year in total if we're keeping a running total) is a bonified member of the struggling working class who can't possibly afford his city water bill.
Johnson has no clue. He's a community organizer whose campaign is built off of riling up the emotions of community members.

As bad as Lightfoot was, she at least had the credentials (University of Michigan- BA, University of Chicago-JD), some relevant experience, and some idea of strategy, albeit with very flawed execution. Johnson will likely be worse, if elected, which is scary.

Old 04-01-2023, 12:37 PM

219 posts, read 136,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post

Vallas has said that Trump's impeachment was a witch hunt. He is also being bankrolled by Trump's former Secretary of Education super pac. Vallas just like Devos supports privatization of schools.

Old 04-01-2023, 04:16 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,730,117 times
Quote:
Vallas has said that Trump's impeachment was a witch hunt. He is also being bankrolled by Trump's former Secretary of Education super pac. Vallas just like Devos supports privatization of schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Johnson has no clue. He's a community organizer whose campaign is built off of riling up the emotions of community members.

As bad as Lightfoot was, she at least had the credentials (University of Michigan- BA, University of Chicago-JD), some relevant experience, and some idea of strategy, albeit with very flawed execution. Johnson will likely be worse, if elected, which is scary.
Johnson is also a lobbyist shill for CTU. The damage CTU has done to public education is sickening.

Old 04-01-2023, 07:51 PM

1,068 posts, read 922,863 times
One thing is certain. Chicago's water department is a buncha crooks with no concern for citizens. There is no recourse for citizens to contest any bills from the Chicago water department. They could charge you $10k one month for an obvious error and claim everything is fine. And you just have to pay it. I can't tell you how many times I've heard other people try and contest their water bills with literally zero of them winning.

Old 04-01-2023, 11:13 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,348,266 times
Quote:
They have every right to challenge it and call it out. Investigate it by all means. Likewise Chicagoans have every right to call out Vallas's pro MAGA views
What "MAGA views" is he going to impose as mayor if elected?

Old 04-02-2023, 08:48 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,190,250 times
Quote:
MAGA means Make America Great Again. Why are you against making this country great? Do you hate our country? Do you even live here??

Old 04-02-2023, 12:32 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,642,759 times
Quote:
Better pro-MAGA than pro-crime.

Old 04-02-2023, 02:40 PM

2,567 posts, read 3,637,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Better pro-MAGA than pro-crime.
Not a fan of MAGA at all (though I don't think Vallas is by any stretch) but I really fear what would become of Chicago if Johnson were to become mayor. Incredibly uninformed and wrong-minded policies and I certainly doubt he has any idea what he is getting himself into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago