Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times

Advertisements

Chicago is a stressful city to live in. Forbes designated it as the #1 most stressful city to live in. Thus, the smoking. Smokers seem more evident now because they are huddled outside of buildings. They used to be inside amongst everyone else or seated in smoking sections. It appears that there are more of them, but there are probably less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 AM

725 posts, read 1,849,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Lighten up and smoke a doobie at least. Jesus christ.
Just because I don't like smoking I need to lighten up? Sheesh.

FTR, I have NO problem with an occasional doobie. In fact, I could go for that one of these days...

Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Your hero Barack Obama is still smoking. Blame him also for the smoke outdoors as well. I hate to say it, but I told you so.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President-elect Barack Obama failed to give a straight answer when asked on a U.S. talkshow on Sunday whether he had managed to quit smoking..."

Obama says he won't be smoking in White House - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081207/pl_nm/us_usa_obama_smoking_3 - broken link)

Last edited by Avengerfire; 12-07-2008 at 10:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
OMG he's a human! How awful!!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:43 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
I'm already tired of seeing and hearing about Obama.

Never has a president elect got so much "in your face" time.

last friday, the sun times included a nice photo of obama that one can frame...why haven't they ever done that for a previous president elect. things that make you go hmmm....

Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinolala View Post
Chicago is a stressful city to live in. Forbes designated it as the #1 most stressful city to live in. Thus, the smoking. Smokers seem more evident now because they are huddled outside of buildings. They used to be inside amongst everyone else or seated in smoking sections. It appears that there are more of them, but there are probably less.
it's very stressful...the funny thing is i definently noticed an increase in smokers on the streets around October...LOL. either the economy, the presidential situation, their personal situations, or all of the above led to increased smoking habits.

the economy may be bad but it is pure GOLD for corporations that make alcohol or CANCER STICKS.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Because never before have we been so glad and anxious to get rid of our current lameduck president.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Because never before have we been so glad and anxious to get rid of our current lameduck president.
that's true but i think people are fools if they think Obama is a savior. he's not different than Bill Clinton, Bob Dole, or the others simply because his skin color is different. 97% of african americans chose Obama...why do you think they did that?

i'm just saying don't expect massive changes for the good. you don't get to be one of two choices unless you are part of the "In crowd." and george W. bush is part of that same in crowd. that's how you become president. from the 1st day that obama entered office, as a member of congress, he backed and voted pro-big corporation. that's how you become a part of the in crowd. just sayin...i don't think he is some savior sent here to save the world but he can't do much worse than ole Dubya.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:54 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
that's true but i think people are fools if they think Obama is a savior. he's not different than Bill Clinton, Bob Dole, or the others simply because his skin color is different. 97% of african americans chose Obama...why do you think they did that?

i'm just saying don't expect massive changes for the good. you don't get to be one of two choices unless you are part of the "In crowd." and george W. bush is part of that same in crowd. that's how you become president. from the 1st day that obama entered office, as a member of congress, he backed and voted pro-big corporation. that's how you become a part of the in crowd. just sayin...i don't think he is some savior sent here to save the world but he can't do much worse than ole Dubya.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Thanks for sharing.
I'd thank you for your input but you didn't input anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago