Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,218,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
There is a good chance that Blago will be part of the team. Why wouldnt he Obama and him think alike.
Dont be surprised at this bold move
Uh, no. No chance at all. Blago wasn't a supporter of Obama in the Senate Primary, and has only tried to use Obama as a shield as he's sunken deeper into trouble. Even if you take away the corruption charges against Blago Obama and all his advisors think he is a joke. Every piece of advice he has given Obama has been completely ignored, or Obama does the opposite. Obama has actively opposed him on many issues, including this summer over ethics reforms.

This is pretty typical of the idiocy of Blago:

Quote:
Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich warned home-state presidential contender Barack Obama he is falling into a Republican trap by siding against the governor in a battle over ethics legislation that is dominating state politics.
Ummm.. Right. This was right after Blago backed Palin's contention that she was ready to be Vice President due to her experience as a governor.

Quote:
Blagojevich told WGN-AM that Democrats should not criticize the experience of McCain’s running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, because “governors make decisions” while legislators like Obama “debate and they pass their bills back and forth.”
Way to go Blago! Actually, he may be part of whatever team Palin puts together in the future.

There is NO chance of Blago even getting a phone call accepted by Obama, never mind being part of any team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM

72 posts, read 212,845 times
. It was a very close race in the primary, I don't think either Stroger or Blago will get another term.[/quote]

I think you are wrong about Stroger not getting re elected. The reason being that no matter how horrible of a job that he does while in office, The Cook County African Americans will vote for him over a White Rebublican, no matter what the case. And that is a fact.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM

725 posts, read 1,851,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potter View Post
Maybe Spike Lee will have a position in the White House- or even Louis Farrakhan- scary huh.

I know, he'll choose Michael Jordan, Kanye West....Oh, and Mike Tyson too.

Wtf?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 PM

72 posts, read 212,845 times
Oprah used her celebrity status and her influence on stay at home suburban mothers, mostly white, to help obama win the campaign. Do not be surprised if she lands a big job in his party.
P.S. Kenya will reap more benefits than Chicago once this all said and done.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 PM

73 posts, read 163,782 times
Quote:
Oprah used her celebrity status and her influence on stay at home suburban mothers, mostly white, to help obama win the campaign. Do not be surprised if she lands a big job in his party.
I think she could use the stability of a civil service paycheck.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:40 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,218,413 times
Quote:
I think you are wrong about Stroger not getting re elected. The reason being that no matter how horrible of a job that he does while in office, The Cook County African Americans will vote for him over a White Rebublican, no matter what the case. And that is a fact.
Will he be beaten by a White Republican? Of course not. But he will be beaten by a Democrat in the primary, either white or black.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,558,244 times
Quote:

How do you come up with such ridiculous stuff?

As far as Blago goes, I don't think he's even running for governor in 2010. I've heard Lisa Madigan, Dan Hynes, and Alexi Giannoulas are trying for the Dem gubernatorial nod in 2010. I'd vote for Lisa Madigan.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,188,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Seriously here, I have been learning as much as I can about Metro Chicago due to a likely upcoming move and after reading a history of your Governor, I really don't understand how he got re-elected in 2006 with over 50% of the vote. I know the state leans Dem, but can't people look past party affiliations and vote bad pols out? Then I read about Stroger and it just seems so bleak. I really don't get it.

BTW, I am not a Dem or Rep and vote across party lines consistently.
I've lived here all my life, and I don't get it either. As wonderful as Chicago is, I'm very close to leaving just because of the utterly hopeless political situation in this state. It will only get worse with Obama in the White House. Rezko is nearly ready to turn on Blago, but he will be pardoned by Obama, so he won't have any incentive now. Patrick Fitzgerald, the U.S. attorney, is responsible for the large number of pols going to jail in recent years. You know Obama will reassign him to help out his pals back in Illinois. We're pretty much doomed here.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,644,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Um, sure. Just like McCain was going to slate James Dobson, Pat Robertson, and David Duke in his cabinet.
I would not doubt Oprah might be in the administration though. I would actually like that because she would have to give up her mindless brainwashing T.V. show.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,644,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
How do you come up with such ridiculous stuff?

As far as Blago goes, I don't think he's even running for governor in 2010. I've heard Lisa Madigan, Dan Hynes, and Alexi Giannoulas are trying for the Dem gubernatorial nod in 2010. I'd vote for Lisa Madigan.
Paul Vallas is going to come back home. I think he will win the Dem side at least. He barely lost the primary to Blago in 2001.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago