Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:24 PM

894 posts, read 2,382,068 times

Advertisements

first game at Boston Celtics, Rose came to play 36 points 11 assists bulls win in overtime!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:18 PM

425 posts, read 1,437,179 times
Yeah, Rose killed it today. It's too bad he fouled out and couldn't finish the game on the floor, but he definitely deserved to rest those final seconds.

P.S... Not to rub it in or anything, but if you'll read my post in the hockey playoff thread, I called the Bulls winning game 1 in Boston. Now hopefully the other part (Bulls take the series with a win in Game 6 at the UC) will come true as well.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:02 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,314,617 times
As long as they can slow down rondo and peirce they'll be good. I mean how many times does rondo score 29 points? Slow him down.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
First of all, I'm stoked that the Bulls pulled it out in overtime, in Boston no less. But, I just hope they stay focused and get to work. You better believe Doc Rivers gave the Celts an earful in the locker room. They'll come out on a mission in Game Two.

P.S. To whoever said "How many times does Rondo score 29?"

I say this: How many times does Ray Allen score 4? Its going to balance out one way or another. As long as Noah and Gordon can play some solid interior D, the Bulls might be able to take the series.

GO BULLS!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:11 PM

^ ya I was think about that today. But since they ended up keeping ray Allen to 4 points() they should at least keep him to maybe 13 points and slow rondo to about...i'd say 15. Combine those then you got 28 points which is less than rondo's 29. I know paul peirce is gonna try and pick up more slack since KG is injured so they should keep an eye out for him too.

-mas23-go BULLS!!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM

308 posts, read 757,912 times
The Bulls win was a great start to an amazing sports day in Chicago - Derrick Rose and the Bulls upset the Celtics in overtime, Aramis Ramirez hits a walk off home run to beat the Cardinals, and the Hawks come back from a 2-0 deficit to take a 2 game lead on the Flames. Wow.

I personally thought that with Kevin Garnett going down, the media would give them a little bit of a better chance in the series. However, even with no Garnett, I don't think I saw a single media person, Chicago included, that picked the Bulls and quite frankly that's pretty surprising. It's only been one game, but home court advantage has been taken from the Celtics. The Bulls absolutely must go in there tomorrow and come out with even more intensity. We need Ben Gordon to have a better outing throughout the game. Along with that, we need much better outings from John Salmons and Brad Miller both who were beyond bad on Saturday. The Bulls have a chance in this series, no doubt. Without Garnett, they are still a good team but nowhere near where they are with him. Without Garnett, they are a team that the Bulls can definitely beat.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 AM

425 posts, read 1,437,179 times
Not to look ahead and jinx it or anything, but...

Philly beat Orlando last night, taking home court advantage in that series as well. When Chicago gets past Boston, it would be great if Philly can get past Orlando, because the Bulls chances against the 76ers are much better than against the Magic.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 PM

894 posts, read 2,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
Not to look ahead and jinx it or anything, but...

Philly beat Orlando last night, taking home court advantage in that series as well. When Chicago gets past Boston, it would be great if Philly can get past Orlando, because the Bulls chances against the 76ers are much better than against the Magic.

game two tonight...

i agree with you about the philly magic series but if the magic win i think the only thing we have to worry about it D Howard because our guard play and forward play is better than the magics

Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 PM

bulls lose 118-115. That was a really close one.
at least its still 1-1

Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,961,922 times
ya what a game! My gf asked me if I had money on it cuz I was so into it. I cant wait to see how they do at the UC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago