Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 PM

59 posts, read 192,777 times

Advertisements

Are you suggesting that Wicker Park is splooging its hipster garbage up into Logan Square and Avondale?

Otherwise, I don't understand the comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,875,702 times
Logan is definitely changing for the better but it will take awhile for it to fully gentrify, especially as you go west. I think people are moving from Bucktown/WickerPark to Logan. Those who are priced out of Logan are moving to Avondale (good and bad, more hispanics, less polish). Those in Avondale are moving to areas like Harwood Heights and Norwood.

I am pleased with all the new yuppie places opening up. GF and I actually went to the new italian restaurant after reading about it on one of these forums. I liked the place but thought it a little too fufu for both of us. Logan Bar and Grill is nice too, though the food is only average and somewhat pricey. I prefer the dive pancake house across the street. Still, nice to see that Logan is now able to attract a crowd that is willing to overpay for fancy ambiance.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,890,452 times
I'm not a huge fan of the growing surplus of overpriced "dive bar" chic places opening up (ie, bars that charge $5 for a beer and are poorly lit), BUT, the increase in younger 20- and 30-something folks in the hood is excellent overall, as they do provide clientele for places like Revolution Brewing & in general more restaurants I'm prone to go to. ie, we don't need any more places called "El Ranchero" on Milwaukee Ave that all serve the same greasy, nasty food, or dollar stores, or weird express-currency to Mexico places.

more foot traffic on the street that isn't the gangbanger element is good, and hipsters may dress funny, but they make decent neighbors.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM

59 posts, read 192,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb8685 View Post
Are you suggesting that Wicker Park is splooging its hipster garbage up into Logan Square and Avondale?

Otherwise, I don't understand the comment
For the record I was being a little bit tongue-in-cheek here. I'm into some of that music really. Try listening to Beach House, it's amazing ****.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 AM

818 posts, read 2,173,559 times
I would give this area a better rating for safety than 4- especially for city-wide standards. It may seem a little bit dangerous to people who have lived in the suburbs their entire lives, but most people seem to have few problems living in this area.

In addition to the blue line, which you can access on the other side of the square, or at Milwaukee and California, you can access Lincoln Park/ Lakeview by means of the Fullerton and Diversey buses, both of which I have ridden many times with no issues.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM

57 posts, read 157,738 times
There are quite a few restaurants within a stone's throw from here (Anong, Buona Terra, Hachi, Rustico, Nandu) and several bars within walking distance (Logan Bar, Revolution Brewing). As has been mentioned, you'll be about 3 blocks from the blue line, and the boulevard will be right next to you as well (which is beautiful this time of year).

I live about a block away from here and this section of Mozart would be my #1 place to live in all of Logan Square. You're not ON a busy street, but you have Fullerton, Logan and California all right next to you.

All that said, you always have to be smart if you're a single woman in the city. But that is going to be true wherever you go.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:00 PM

11 posts, read 38,583 times
Thanks to everyone who posted a response, unfortunately the apt didn't turn out to be as wonderful as the land lord portrayed. Does anyone have any info or opinon on this area 3000 West Leland ? Again, any info or opinon would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:26 PM

818 posts, read 2,173,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw-chi View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted a response, unfortunately the apt didn't turn out to be as wonderful as the land lord portrayed. Does anyone have any info or opinon on this area 3000 West Leland ? Again, any info or opinon would be appreciated. Thanks!!
The thing I will tell you from personal experience is that the brown line ride from there into downtown is longer than the blue line ride from the place you had previously asked about.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,205,896 times
3000 West Leland is the best neighborhood in Chicago cus' I grew up there.

Wait, actually I think that's Ravenswood Manor not AP...
Either way it's a cool neighborhood.

That area is quieter then the Logan square area. But you get some action in Lincoln square east of there or in Albany Park west of there.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM

226 posts, read 382,545 times
I hope this isn't too off topic but I went through the Ravenswood/Lincoln Square neighborhoods for the very first time yesterday (for a haircut)...I was in awe of how beautiful and tree-lined it was.

I'm sincerely regretting my move to Buena Park now. Especially after looking up the reasonably priced Deco apartments in the area! My question is, did I just stumble upon the one nice street in the neighborhood? Is Ravenswood/Lincoln Square considered just as spotty (in terms of violence/crime) as Uptown? Or is it already gentrified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago