Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:50 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is exactly what he is suggesting. Again, when you see a heavily opinionated comment like that, the warning lights should come one, but I guess you just proved there are always those who embrace any attack on Christianity.
How about quoting and addressing my WHOLE post instead of cherry picking to suit your twisted argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
How about quoting and addressing my WHOLE post instead of cherry picking to suit your twisted argument?
My twisted argument? Why so hateful? You get on the wrong foot this morning?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How did he get out ?

Easy !!!!

Orthodox Christianity believe that Jesus has the keys to death and hell, so rather than believing this to mean that Jesus Himself went into hades with those keys to set all free from death and the fear of it , He uses those same keys to open and shut this hoax of a place called Eternal torment to throw sinners into it , so Jesus obviously opened the gates of hell for him to enter in and let him out .
You really couldn't make it up .
Seriously, this ET stuff is the best fiction ever....it has people actually believing it!!!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
My twisted argument? Why so hateful? You get on the wrong foot this morning?
Nope, you just can't handle the truth. Nothing hateful about the truth.

Now go back and address the whole post or else.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The scritpures do not speak of Hell as a place of eternal torment. That understanding is a misunderstanding of the scriptures.

JESUS CHRIST is not a liar. And Jesus tells us in Matthew 25:41 that the cursed ones will enter the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. If you don't believe Jesus own words, what can I say.

And Revelation 20:10 states. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night (FOR EVER AND EVER).

What part of (ETERNAL FIRE, AND FOR EVER AND EVER DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?)

Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 AM

159 posts, read 175,122 times
Quote:
Quote from OP's link: "The Church teaches that God's "desire" to save all (I Tim. 2:4) is but a weak and unattainable wish"

Sorry, but I have NEVER been to a chuch which teaches that God is weak and anattainable. But then again, you will hear those words only out of the mouths of atheirsts and others who are out to discredit the word of God. When you see comments like that, the warning lights should go off and the article whould be treated like anti-christian garbage that it clearly is.
Well, sending Jesus to earth to save mankind (many millennia after dawning of mankind, during which many where suckered into hell with no chance), and giving responsibility to spread the word to fallible humans who probably distorted bunch of things first chance they got sounds like half-hearted attempt to me.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:24 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Hi Campbell.

Do U believe the people of SODOM are still FRYING and the fire is still burning today? If Yes, give reasons why? If NO, also give reasons why plz.
I believe all who reject God will be found in Hell. And I believe all who love God will be with Him in heaven. God knows a true heart. And I believe Christ death on the cross covered the sins of all who love God from this generation, to all past generations.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:26 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Seriously, this ET stuff is the best fiction ever....it has people actually believing it!!!
It's believed so easily because of our guilt complex, and to hammer the lie of it home to us we are threatened with eternal torment by the perversion of the gospel of orthodox christianity that is blinded to the grace of God and the good news to all men.

The gospel of orthodox christianity is not good news it's bad news , it's a message of fear and threats , believe or else.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,773 times
Quote:
The skeleton form of a woman with a dirty-grey mist inside was talking to Jesus. In shock, I listened to her. Decayed flesh hung by shreds from her bones, and, as it burned, it fell off into the bottom of the pit. Where her eyes had once been were now only empty sockets. She had no hair.
The fire started at her feet in small flames and grew as it climbed up and over her body. The woman seemed to be constantly burning, even when the flames were only embers. From deep down inside her came cries and groans of despair, 'Lord, Lord, I want out of here!'"
Poor gal. Must suck to be her. I wonder how she knew JC was near without the eyeballs? She probably 'sensed' him I guess.

I posted before about what I found out about NDE's. Mary Baxter's NDE contradicts them all. She is lying and attempting to make money off of the gullible. She'll pay though.

I get so ticked when I read this crap, I'd like to smack her along side her head.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 AM

223 posts, read 303,639 times
Quote:
Thats nothing!!

The SDA's believe jesus entered the throne of GOD on 22nd Oct 1844 [4.30pm? ] Their jesus has a BELL and pomegaranate on his preistly garment and is currently a cleaner in the heavenly SANCTUARY. They also believe the ANGELS need to produce A GOLD CARD each time they enter or exit HEAVEN!!
If i reject this belief/doctrine, my prayers are intercepted by SATAN and never reach my GOD. WIERDOS!!

Some SDA dont believe EGW and her doctrine but they keep quite not to rock the boat and be rediculed in front of members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity