Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,071 times

Advertisements

The Feast of Unleavened Bread, like the Passover, also commemorated the Exodus from Egypt. Scripture verses include Exod. 12:17-20, 13:6-7; Lev. 23:6-8 and Deut. 16:3-8. Because Israel was to leave Egypt in haste and time was short, no leaven was to be added to their bread. They were to eat the Passover lamb, the unleavened bread and bitter herbs with their loins girded, their sandals on their feet and their staff in their hand.

Although the blood of the Passover lamb protected the house and its inhabitants from the Angel of Death; the flesh of the lamb, the unleavened bread and the herbs provided the sustenance for the nation quick departure from Egypt. Physical Israel was now ready for her "walk" toward her promised inheritance.

1. THE ANNUAL FEAST

It was an ordinance to be observed throughout Israel’s generations; it was one of the three annual feasts in which all the males of the congregation were to appear en masse in the place that the Lord had chosen. Unlike Passover which was observed for one day, Unleavened Bread was to be observed for seven days, commencing on the 15th of Nissan/Abib.

In Deut. 16:3, the unleavened bread is called the "Bread of Affliction." 2 Chron. 30:13-27 recalls Hezekiahs celebration of this feast. Although this particular celebration was one month late, the excitement of the people and the joy that surrounded the event, caused the feast to be held an additional seven days!

Much preaching and writing has been done regarding the fact that the bread was unleavened. It is obvious from the original event that the timing was critical and that the Lord expected a quick departure from Egypt with Moses. There was no time for the bread to rise. Leaven added to the dough permeates the whole loaf . Perhaps the Lord did not want any of the leaven of Egypt to infiltrate the bread of His people as they began their journey. And as they celebrated the annual feast day, the Lord commanded:

Thou shalt eat no leavened bread with it; seven days shalt thou eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction; for thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt in haste: that thou mayest remember the day when thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt all the days of thy life (Deut.16:3).

THE FULFILLMENT

Jesus connected the unleavened bread at the Last Supper with His sacrificed body (Luke 22:19). He does not connect His body with the sacrificed body of the Passover lamb. In Mark 14 and Matthew 26 His disciples are invited to eat of "His body."

After His resurrection, this descriptive term "body of Christ" became a safe haven for the first century Christians. A careful review of the New Testament will reveal numerous cases where these believers were placed positionally "in Christ" (Eph. 1:7, 10, 12- 13). In 1 Cor. 10:16a, 17 Paul writes, Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ; since there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.

Paul makes the argument in the fifth chapter of Galatians that Christ had set them free from the yoke of slavery to the law. Since they were positionally "in Christ" neither circumcision nor uncircumcision meant anything. To bring the law again into their relationship was like bringing leaven into His "unleavened" bodya little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough (Gal 5:9).

The generation who departed from the bondage of the law with the sustenance of, and within the safety of Christ's unleavened body, began a spiritual walk in preservation toward their inheritance of eternal life! Be aware of the necessity of the holy walk required by the church of the first century (Gal 5:25).

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Paul sums up an occurrence of the feast in 1 Cor. 5:7-8 Clean out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The novelty of seeing Scripture through the eyes of fulfilled prophecy and standards to the preservation of the saints, places the building up of the body of Christ paramount in the first century. This unleavened body, through the use of the miraculous gifts was being fitted together for the building up of itself in love (Eph.4: 16). This body of believers is also the body that takes part in the resurrection. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of OUR BODY (Rom.8:23).

This body of believers are the undefiled ones purchased from among men as first fruits to God and the Lamb. These men were purchased and chaste virgins (2 Cor 11:2) of the spirit in their plight to living a holy and righteous life. To seek God with all our hearts, mind and soul. These men taught their listeners and us what Christ needed us to do to inherit eternal life with Him, to become part of that BODY redeemed. Or faith in Him is ever so necessary, for that inheritance, as it was for the first fruits, the first century saints, and has been and will be for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 12:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Default One of the most excellant threads sciota!

...an excellant study of Scripture...very thought provoking!

It has taken me literally since you posted it, until now, to gather my response. I took this from a teaching on a video, and wrote as fast as I could as he taught this.

Your OP...speaks of the Feast of Unleavened Bread...the Passover, and what the flesh of the Lamb...the unleavened bread...and the herbs truly signify...Jesus' sacrifice...His blood...the pure Word of God...unmixed...and the Holy Spirit...the Anointing...without clinging to these...your salvation is null and void...and you mentioned the "first fruits"...the true believers....it covers so much...it's so deep and rich in life...truly these words are living and breathing! They made me seek even deeper the things of God...to God be the glory forever!

Now...please allow me to share what I know that will only add more life to this that you have shared with us...God Bless His Word...Amen.

I want to focus on the "first fruits", the true believer's, who will be sealed with the mark of God upon their foreheads AND their hand...and the realization that there are 2 (two) marks, but only 1 (one) to be had, the Mark of God...and the mark of the beast.

Total Onslaught...The Crime of All ages!

The way the Jews kept the Sabbath was a burden...filled with rituals...and the Sabbath is to be a joy.
Isaiah 58: 13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

He is saying, If you honor My authority in your life, and you spend it with Me, and you allow Me to sanctify your life - you will be happy and you will have the heritage of Jacob...which is eternal life.

...and was it only the Jews (as some would like to think) who were to keep the Sabbath holy? The answer is a resounding, NO!...

Isaiah 56:7 ALL...[again, ALL!]...the sons of the stranger that join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants, EVERYONE THAT KEEPETH HIS SABBATH...even them will I bring to my holy mountain and make them joyful in my house of prayer...for mine house shall be an house of prayer for all [all that keep His commandments and are in His house because of this fact] people.

The Sabbath was the sign...the Sabbath IS the sign of the allegiance to the Diety called GOD!...It was and IS the sign! So the stranger [the Gentiles], had to accept the Sabbath to live amongst the brethren.

Deuteronomy 11:13 And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
14 That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.
15 And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.
16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
17 And then the LORD'S wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD giveth you.
18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them [the Ten Commandments, the Law of God] for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:

The commandments are the law, and you cannot change them!

So, where must the commandments of God be placed? - on your forehead AND! upon your hand...WOW!!! Is there a mark of the beast that is to be placed upon the forehead AND! the hand? NO!...oh!...BUT!!...the Commandments of God MUST be placed upon the forehead AND! the hand!...God said..."Tie them to your hand", which means - to ACT ACCORDINGLY!...to "Put them in your mind", which means - to THINK ACCORDINGLY! it has nothng to do with an outward sign!...

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 And these words which I command you this day shall be in your heart. And you shall carefully teach them to your sons...And you shall BIND THEM FOR A SIGN UPON YOUR HAND [IN YOUR ACTIONS!] AND THEY SHALL BE AS FRONTLETS BETWEEN YOUR EYES [THEY SHOULD BE IN YOUR COGNITIVE THINKING]>>>This is God's law - he [man] will keep His law - He is my God and I will follow Him..that is what this verse says.

Exodus 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand [ACTIONS!], and for a memorial between thine eyes [THINKING!], that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth:...

...it's pretty clear. What must be on the forehead AND! on the hand?...The Law of God...Now...what about the "other" guy, the beast...the one who wants to take away the follower's of God - and mislead them...he says, "NO! NO! NO! my sign, my mark, must be EITHER! on your forehead OR! your hand!...he doesn't care which place it is..forhead or hand, just as long a it is somewhere...

...I will explain this further tomorrow.

I'll end here for tonight...it's getting very late, and I am sleepy...but will be back tomorrow to pick up where we left off..thank you sciota, for this thread, it means a lot...it will be used by God to teach His truth...Amen!...fighting the good fight of faith!!!!! God Bless you.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

I pray that God's truth is accepted as my offering of love to all you who read this post and the one's to follow this one...and may feel a conviction in your heart...accept that pinch you feel in your heart and pray about it to God...and allow Him to feed you spiritually...I love you...and I cannot tell you anything but what God would have me to tell you...I do not teach this truth to harm or wound anyone...I truly offer His truth in love...real, true love for you...God Bless.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 07-05-2010 at 01:05 AM..

Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,071 times
Verna....excellent post...I am looking forward to more of your thoughts...

Old 07-05-2010, 01:23 PM

Default Post #2...Total Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!

...where we left off in Post #1...

Deuteronomy 11: 18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them [the Ten Commandments, the Law of God] for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

So, where must the commandments of God be placed? - on your forehead AND! upon your hand...WOW!!! Is there a mark of the beast that is to be placed upon the foreheadAND! the hand? NO!...oh!...BUT!!...the Commandments of God MUST be placed upon the forehead AND! the hand!...God said..."Tie them to your hand", which means - to ACT ACCORDINGLY!...to "Put them in your mind", which means - to THINK ACCORDINGLY! it has nothng to do with an outward sign!...

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 And these words which I command you this day shall be in your heart. And you shall carefully teach them to your sons...And you shall BIND THEM FOR A SIGN UPON YOUR HAND [IN YOUR ACTIONS!] AND THEY SHALL BE AS FRONTLETS BETWEEN YOUR EYES [THEY SHOULD BE IN YOUR COGNITIVE THINKING]>>>This is God's law - he [man] will keep His law - He is my God and I will follow Him..that is what this verse says.

Exodus 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand [ACTIONS!], AND! for a memorial between thine eyes [THINKING!], that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth:...

...it's pretty clear. What must be on the forehead AND! on the hand?...The Law of God...Now...what about the "other" guy, the beast...the one who wants to take away the follower's of God - and mislead them...he says, "NO! NO! NO! my sign, my mark, must be EITHER! on your forehead OR! your hand!...he doesn't care which place it is..forhead or hand, just as long a it is somewhere...
__________________________________________________ _______

...O.K!...Blessings to you...and Love in Christ for you!...Father, bless Your Word today and those who's hearts do diligently seek Thee...Amen.

Let's look at the purpose of the Sabbath:
  • A day of rest
  • A day of bessing
  • A day of peace
  • A sign
  • A memorial to creation
  • A symbol of sanctification
  • A hallowed day
  • A perpetual Covenant
A verse that many who oppose this truth of having to keep the Ten Commandments of God, AND! the Sabbath, like to use this following verse to support their lies:

Mark 2:27 The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

...This doesn't get rid of the Sabbath!...how rediculous! It just tells you that man needs the Sabbath! Simple! Man needs this communication with his God! to KNOW WHO HIS GOD IS!!! The God that we serve IS THE GOD OF THE SABBATH! That's the God Whom we serve - otherwise who is He?...Is He the one on Friday?...the one on Sunday?...the one on Wednesday? Is He the god of the Hindus?..the god of the Buddist?..NO!!! ...again!, NO!!! ...OUR GOD IS THE GOD OF THE SABBATH!...it's as simple as that!

Isaiah 48:18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

...you would know exactly where you stand with God!!!!..How wonderful to KNOW this!!!

Deuteronomy5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

So. Now that we have established that..now we must ask:

Why does the Christian world keep Sunday?

Sunday - dedicated to the sun or it's worship. Solis - the first day of the week.

Sabbath - a Hebrew word - a day of rest.

Sunday - a name given by the heathens to the first day of the week because it was the day in which they worshipped the sun. John Eadie, D.D. L.L.D. A Bible Encyclopedia. pg. 561.

The Sabbth is Saturday, the seventh day of the week.

Who changed the day?

Daniel 7:25 He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

Revelations 13:7 has all the attributes of "the little horn". This beast is exactly the same power as the "little horn" power - and we are told that this beast - with the implement of another power - the "mark -of-the-beast".

Now, we've already established what God's mark was, right?, it was the Sabbath! And where was it to be written? On the forehead AND! the hand...

...Now read Revelation 13:16: And he [the beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, OR! in their foreheads

17 so that no one may buy or sell unless he has the mark, which is the beast's name or the number of its name.

God's mark was to be in the forehead AND! the hand! He is not satisfied with halfway service!...IT'S ALL OR NOTHING!!!

The beast is happy if you have his mark inyour forehead - (you think it is right, so you "go along" with it because you think you have no other choice...so you do it...because he said so, and when you do, he'll leave you alone...as long as obey him he doesn't care how...and if you don't do it - YOU WILL NOT EAT, BUY, OR SELL A THING.

Now...this is where I must remind those of you whom I have just recently become acquainted, and have come to love...God, by His divine providence, has brought us together...even though we come from very different beliefs...He has brought our hearts together to learn from one another...please do not be offended by the following...allow God to work it into your heart...allow it to penetrate...take a deep breath and try to digest it..this is something you must know...and know that I do love you, and I must give you God's truth...God Bless.

The Roman "Decretalia" states:

He can pronounce sentences and judgements in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...He can free himself from the commands of the apostles, he being their superior, and from the rules of the Old Testament.

...read that ^^^ again!

" He's a mighty man! He's mightier than God! He can do whatever he likes: "The Pope has power to change times to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things...even the precepts of Christ." Decretal De Translat. Episcop. Cap.

So!...don't listen to your Father in heaven - listen to me!.........

2 Thesselonians 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

...he's "the 'other' guy!!!"...

"The Pope's will stands for reason. He can dispense above the law; and of wrong make right, by correcting and changing laws." Pope Nicholas, Dist. 96. Quoted in "Facts For The Times" pg. 55-56. 1893.

...he can do whatever he likes...

Ask the Catholic Church which day is the Sabbath day...Ans: Saturday is the Sabbath Day.

...so, your Father said keep Saturday, but I'm telling you to observe Sunday!

Q: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

Ans: Because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday. The Convert's Chatechism of Catholic Doctrine. 1957. pg. 50.

THAT IS PRETTY MUCH STRAIGHT OUT OF THE HORSES MOUTH! He says, you will not listen to your Father in heaven, you'll listen to me! Because I SAID SO!

He is attacking the authority of God!

YOU CANNOT ATTACK THE AUTHORITY OF GOD ON THE STRENGTH OF ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT - EXCEPT THE SABBATH! BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT DETERMINES THE AUTHORITY!

What is the mark of the beast then?...

"We have a seal of God which is a mark...SUNDAY is our mark of authority...the Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact!" Catholic Record. Sept. 1, 1923.

The mark of the beast is Sunday! The Church is above the Bible!

So we have 2 (two) marks on this earth - and the choice is ours!

Either we obey God...or we obey man.

Verna.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Unleavened bread that Jesus became is a bread of life with NO PRIDE,.... See leaven is the yeast that they put into the Bread to puff it up ... People who get all puff up and hoty proud, nose in the air looking down on other people. which is sin that rejects the Commands of the Lord to let it go, turn away from sin and follow Jesus, ,,, Where hoty puffed up leavened proud people hold onto their principal where there is power in unforgiveness, Power in the courts of the land today for unforgiveness.......The body of Christ is the promise and forfillment of unleavened bread feast ........

Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM

595 posts, read 761,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The Feast of Unleavened Bread, like the Passover, also commemorated the Exodus from Egypt. Scripture verses include Exod. 12:17-20, 13:6-7; Lev. 23:6-8 and Deut. 16:3-8. Because Israel was to leave Egypt in haste and time was short, no leaven was to be added to their bread. They were to eat the Passover lamb, the unleavened bread and bitter herbs with their loins girded, their sandals on their feet and their staff in their hand.

Although the blood of the Passover lamb protected the house and its inhabitants from the Angel of Death; the flesh of the lamb, the unleavened bread and the herbs provided the sustenance for the nation quick departure from Egypt. Physical Israel was now ready for her "walk" toward her promised inheritance.

1. THE ANNUAL FEAST

It was an ordinance to be observed throughout Israel’s generations; it was one of the three annual feasts in which all the males of the congregation were to appear en masse in the place that the Lord had chosen. Unlike Passover which was observed for one day, Unleavened Bread was to be observed for seven days, commencing on the 15th of Nissan/Abib.

In Deut. 16:3, the unleavened bread is called the "Bread of Affliction." 2 Chron. 30:13-27 recalls Hezekiahs celebration of this feast. Although this particular celebration was one month late, the excitement of the people and the joy that surrounded the event, caused the feast to be held an additional seven days!

Much preaching and writing has been done regarding the fact that the bread was unleavened. It is obvious from the original event that the timing was critical and that the Lord expected a quick departure from Egypt with Moses. There was no time for the bread to rise. Leaven added to the dough permeates the whole loaf . Perhaps the Lord did not want any of the leaven of Egypt to infiltrate the bread of His people as they began their journey. And as they celebrated the annual feast day, the Lord commanded:

Thou shalt eat no leavened bread with it; seven days shalt thou eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction; for thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt in haste: that thou mayest remember the day when thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt all the days of thy life (Deut.16:3).

THE FULFILLMENT

Jesus connected the unleavened bread at the Last Supper with His sacrificed body (Luke 22:19). He does not connect His body with the sacrificed body of the Passover lamb. In Mark 14 and Matthew 26 His disciples are invited to eat of "His body."

After His resurrection, this descriptive term "body of Christ" became a safe haven for the first century Christians. A careful review of the New Testament will reveal numerous cases where these believers were placed positionally "in Christ" (Eph. 1:7, 10, 12- 13). In 1 Cor. 10:16a, 17 Paul writes, Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ; since there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.

Paul makes the argument in the fifth chapter of Galatians that Christ had set them free from the yoke of slavery to the law. Since they were positionally "in Christ" neither circumcision nor uncircumcision meant anything. To bring the law again into their relationship was like bringing leaven into His "unleavened" bodya little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough (Gal 5:9).

The generation who departed from the bondage of the law with the sustenance of, and within the safety of Christ's unleavened body, began a spiritual walk in preservation toward their inheritance of eternal life! Be aware of the necessity of the holy walk required by the church of the first century (Gal 5:25).

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Paul sums up an occurrence of the feast in 1 Cor. 5:7-8 Clean out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The novelty of seeing Scripture through the eyes of fulfilled prophecy and standards to the preservation of the saints, places the building up of the body of Christ paramount in the first century. This unleavened body, through the use of the miraculous gifts was being fitted together for the building up of itself in love (Eph.4: 16). This body of believers is also the body that takes part in the resurrection. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of OUR BODY (Rom.8:23).

This body of believers are the undefiled ones purchased from among men as first fruits to God and the Lamb. These men were purchased and chaste virgins (2 Cor 11:2) of the spirit in their plight to living a holy and righteous life. To seek God with all our hearts, mind and soul. These men taught their listeners and us what Christ needed us to do to inherit eternal life with Him, to become part of that BODY redeemed. Or faith in Him is ever so necessary, for that inheritance, as it was for the first fruits, the first century saints, and has been and will be for us.
Amen! Excellent Post!

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 07-05-2010, 05:03 PM

595 posts, read 761,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...where we left off in Post #1...

Deuteronomy 11: 18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them [the Ten Commandments, the Law of God] for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

So, where must the commandments of God be placed? - on your forehead AND! upon your hand...WOW!!! Is there a mark of the beast that is to be placed upon the foreheadAND! the hand? NO!...oh!...BUT!!...the Commandments of God MUST be placed upon the forehead AND! the hand!...God said..."Tie them to your hand", which means - to ACT ACCORDINGLY!...to "Put them in your mind", which means - to THINK ACCORDINGLY! it has nothng to do with an outward sign!...

Exodus 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand [ACTIONS!], AND! for a memorial between thine eyes [THINKING!], that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth:...

__________________________________________________ _______

...O.K!...Blessings to you...and Love in Christ for you!...Father, bless Your Word today and those who's hearts do diligently seek Thee...Amen.

Let's look at the purpose of the Sabbath:
  • A day of rest
  • A day of bessing
  • A day of peace
  • A sign
  • A memorial to creation
  • A symbol of sanctification
  • A hallowed day
  • A perpetual Covenant
A verse that many who oppose this truth of having to keep the Ten Commandments of God, AND! the Sabbath, like to use this following verse to support their lies:

Mark 2:27 The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

...This doesn't get rid of the Sabbath!...how rediculous! It just tells you that man needs the Sabbath! Simple! Man needs this communication with his God! to KNOW WHO HIS GOD IS!!! The God that we serve IS THE GOD OF THE SABBATH! That's the God Whom we serve - otherwise who is He?...Is He the one on Friday?...the one on Sunday?...the one on Wednesday? Is He the god of the Hindus?..the god of the Buddist?..NO!!! ...again!, NO!!! ...OUR GOD IS THE GOD OF THE SABBATH!...it's as simple as that!

Isaiah 48:18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

...you would know exactly where you stand with God!!!!..How wonderful to KNOW this!!!

Deuteronomy5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

So. Now that we have established that..now we must ask:

Why does the Christian world keep Sunday?

Sunday - dedicated to the sun or it's worship. Solis - the first day of the week.

Sabbath - a Hebrew word - a day of rest.

Sunday - a name given by the heathens to the first day of the week because it was the day in which they worshipped the sun. John Eadie, D.D. L.L.D. A Bible Encyclopedia. pg. 561.

The Sabbth is Saturday, the seventh day of the week.

Who changed the day?

Daniel 7:25 He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

Revelations 13:7 has all the attributes of "the little horn". This beast is exactly the same power as the "little horn" power - and we are told that this beast - with the implement of another power - the "mark -of-the-beast".

Now, we've already established what God's mark was, right?, it was the Sabbath! And where was it to be written? On the forehead AND! the hand...

...Now read Revelation 13:16: And he [the beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, OR! in their foreheads

17 so that no one may buy or sell unless he has the mark, which is the beast's name or the number of its name.

God's mark was to be in the forehead AND! the hand! He is not satisfied with halfway service!...IT'S ALL OR NOTHING!!!

The beast is happy if you have his mark inyour forehead - (you think it is right, so you "go along" with it because you think you have no other choice...so you do it...because he said so, and when you do, he'll leave you alone...as long as obey him he doesn't care how...and if you don't do it - YOU WILL NOT EAT, BUY, OR SELL A THING.

Now...this is where I must remind those of you whom I have just recently become acquainted, and have come to love...God, by His divine providence, has brought us together...even though we come from very different beliefs...He has brought our hearts together to learn from one another...please do not be offended by the following...allow God to work it into your heart...allow it to penetrate...take a deep breath and try to digest it..this is something you must know...and know that I do love you, and I must give you God's truth...God Bless.

The Roman "Decretalia" states:

He can pronounce sentences and judgements in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...He can free himself from the commands of the apostles, he being their superior, and from the rules of the Old Testament.

...read that ^^^ again!

" He's a mighty man! He's mightier than God! He can do whatever he likes: "The Pope has power to change times to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things...even the precepts of Christ." Decretal De Translat. Episcop. Cap.

So!...don't listen to your Father in heaven - listen to me!.........

2 Thesselonians 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

...he's "the 'other' guy!!!"...

"The Pope's will stands for reason. He can dispense above the law; and of wrong make right, by correcting and changing laws." Pope Nicholas, Dist. 96. Quoted in "Facts For The Times" pg. 55-56. 1893.

...he can do whatever he likes...

Ask the Catholic Church which day is the Sabbath day...Ans: Saturday is the Sabbath Day.

...so, your Father said keep Saturday, but I'm telling you to observe Sunday!

Ans: Because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday. The Convert's Chatechism of Catholic Doctrine. 1957. pg. 50.

THAT IS PRETTY MUCH STRAIGHT OUT OF THE HORSES MOUTH! He says, you will not listen to your Father in heaven, you'll listen to me! Because I SAID SO!

YOU CANNOT ATTACK THE AUTHORITY OF GOD ON THE STRENGTH OF ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT - EXCEPT THE SABBATH! BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT DETERMINES THE AUTHORITY!

"We have a seal of God which is a mark...SUNDAY is our mark of authority...the Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact!" Catholic Record. Sept. 1, 1923.

Verna.
This is unreal (in a good way), God had been tugging on my heart about this...Saturday, the true Sabbath and Sunday. God's confirmation of His truth.
Thank you, great post Verna!

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
This is unreal (in a good way), God had been tugging on my heart about this...Saturday, the true Sabbath and Sunday. God's confirmation of His truth.
Thank you, great post Verna!

God Bless,
Mercy
Mercy...would you please tell me if you are a Sabbath Keeper or not...?...and I ask this most humbly...you post as if you are...but whenever I ask, you never answer me...maybe you never really noticed my question before...that could surely happen, and I understand...but now...would tell me if you are or not?...I want to know if I have another brother in Christ here or not...one can NEVER have too many!......and if you are not...that's o.k....I know that God is working on your heart to become all that you can be IN Him...Thank you...God Bless.

Sincerely,
Verna.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:53 AM

Default Post #3...Total Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!

...where we left off from Post #2...

__________________________________________________ ________

Satan has attacked the Sabbath because it is the seal of God's law, and it affects the authority of God.

"She [the Catholic church] took the pagan Sunday and made it the "Christian Sunday"..and thus the pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday sacred to Jesus." (Catholic World, March 1894, pg. 809)...

...Balder is Baal!!!

"Of course the Catholic church claims that the change was her act, and the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power." Faith of Our Father's (Cardinal Gibbons)...

...She [the Catholic church] says she's mightier than God on this issue!..."I don't care what laws God made, you will listen to me!" she says. This is REAL arrogance!

The Bible says, remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. The Catholic church says, "NO!"...so, who is this speaking?...ohhh...It's Father Enright!...this is THE Catholic church's spokeman, he says the Bible says so, but the Catholic church says, NO!

"By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day and command you to keep holy the first day of the week [Sunday]. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic church." Father Enright, American Sentinal. June 1893...

...Isn't this arrogant beyond measure...???!!!..it is SO ARROGANT it freaks me out!..."By my divine power...???!!!"...well...if that's their divine power, then it must be a different divine power than God's divine power...right? or wrong? There's another god on earth who sets himself up in the temple of God claiming to be God...so, we have 2 (two) that we are serving...of course, the Catholic church is not really God...it must have another power behind it. And the Bible says, "...And the dragon gave him his seat...and power...and great authority..." Those are very sad words...and I say...do not say them flippantly!

Pope Pius, 1566, commanded by Council of Trent. "It pleased the church of God that the religious celebration of the Sabbath day should be transferred to the Lord's day [Sunday]" Chatechismus Romanus, 1867, Chap. 3....

...over and over they say, "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day" Rev. 1:10. They say, "Well, the Lord's day is Sunday, it doesn't say what day it was..only the Bible can say which is the Lord's day."...and here it is>>Isaiah 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable..."

So!...which is the Lord's day according to the Bible? The Sabbath! NOT! Sunday!

So!..."I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day - Rev. 1:10...doesn't seem to cut any ice as far as the Catholic church is concerned...so how about this?..." Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath!" (Mark 2:28)

Does that do away with the Sabbath?...or is it established who is in authority when it comes to the Sabbath? By the way, who created this world? Was it the Father?...or...was it through the Son? It was through the Son!!! Read John 1...In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God!...everything that was created on this world was created THROUGH HIM!...FOR HIM!...By His Word it stands!

...to be continued later this morning...God Bless.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
Did I miss the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity