Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 01:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times

Advertisements

Kat, I along with all the moms here can so well relate to your sadness with a child going away again It is just so hard to hug em goodbye and watch them turn around and walk away, so grown up yet still our children.
Especially when they turn for one last wave, smile special look at mom.

So you just go ahead and cry and know that tears bring relief..Then go do something especially nice for yourself

Will be thinking of you all day
~cyber hugs~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 03:35 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue;17542821
Kat, I along with all the moms here can so well relate to your sadness with a child going away again It is just so hard to hug em goodbye and watch them turn around and walk away, so grown up yet still our children.
Especially when they turn for one last wave, smile special look at mom.

So you just go ahead and and cry and know that tears bring relief..Then go do something especially nice for yourself

Will be thinking of you all day
~cyber hugs~
June's with Miss Blue on this one! It' hard to say goodbye, but they always do come back, ya know! A good cry is a good thing; going and doing something really just for "you" afterwards is an excellent thing! Plus, if your son is travelling around so much with his band, then that's a good indicaiton that they have a really good band, I would think! So it's okay to be sad, but just be proud of him, as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
June, I remember you sent me a PM the last time he went away so I will go read that again.
Just remember, their hands that are always reaching out are the same, only a little bit bigger....But the love for mom is still and always the same!

Take extra gentle care, dear Kat!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgbMAdAsbI

Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Thank you so much ladies! I survived He is gone and we were both much stronger this time!

Now for the positives - more time for me.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Thank you so much ladies! I survived He is gone and we were both much stronger this time!

Now for the positives - more time for me.
'Atta girl!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
This is the first time I see this thread, nice idea.
While picking up one of my kids from grandma’s house (hour drive one way) yesterday I took the time to enjoy the scenes and mild 60 degree temp by driving the low road with the windows down and the top open. At one point I slowed down to view a large lake and while looking at the beauty in the world I thought, "It feels good to feel good!"
The drive was even better going home as I got to spend it with my daughter.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
This is the first time I see this thread, nice idea.
While picking up one of my kids from grandma’s house (hour drive one way) yesterday I took the time to enjoy the scenes and mild 60 degree temp by driving the low road with the windows down and the top open. At one point I slowed down to view a large lake and while looking at the beauty in the world I thought, "It feels good to feel good!"
The drive was even better going home as I got to spend it with my daughter.
I love that Thanks for sharing that "feeling good story". I often feel the very same way and sometimes it is the beauty in this world that triggers it

Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
mild 60 degree temp
June's so jealous! It's in the teens here, and we're freezing!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
June...I know you love "winter" but right now...don't you wish to be in the tropics
It's currently a whopping 6 degrees here, with ANOTHER big snow storm due in this Wednesday....June can't take much more of this weather!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Kat, I along with all the moms here can so well relate to your sadness with a child going away again
My mother couldn't wait to get away from me. I used to come home from school to find they'd moved house. I knew I was in trouble the day she wrapped my sandwiches in a road map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity