Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 05:00 PM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Being modest . . . are we, "just June"?
That's me: The ever modest "just June!"

(But seriously, moderating serves to "de-stress" just June...June's kinda weird...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Well, ladies . . . I tend to relieve stress by reading, sketching, drawing in charcoal, painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor, playing blues piano, and of course meditating . . . depending on my mood. It is mostly for my own or my family's enjoyment . . . seldom for public consumption. It works very well because I tend to get absorbed in whatever I'm doing.
Now why does none of the above surprise the ever modest June?

P.S. It's nice to have a guy posting in this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 05:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
That's me: The ever modest "just June!"

(But seriously, moderating serves to "de-stress" just June...June's kinda weird...)

Now why does none of the above surprise the ever modest June?

P.S. It's nice to have a guy posting in this thread!
Aye!!!
Mystic, (for a guy)...your prowess is truly impressive...

Old 09-15-2010, 06:39 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
Mystic thats awesome. You are very talented. Music, i can not do a thing except just listening and enjoying. I have done 3 paintings. I took the Bob Ross classes for them. I need to get out of the habit of thinking everything has to be perfect. lol.

Ans...If i get the courage up i wouldnt mind sharing. lol. Are you talking the writing or the drawing.

June...you moderate wonderfully.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Mystic thats awesome. You are very talented. Music, i can not do a thing except just listening and enjoying. I have done 3 paintings. I took the Bob Ross classes for them. I need to get out of the habit of thinking everything has to be perfect. lol.

Ans...If i get the courage up i wouldnt mind sharing. lol. Are you talking the writing or the drawing.

Of course...both!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June moderates.

I write poetry and journals to relieve the stress of moderating

Actually a nice ride to a beautiful secluded reclaimed mountaintop and soaking up the sun while reading or just allowing my mind to clear itself of all the stress and "busyness" of the world down below in the valley.

Mystic I love blues piano, and although there are artists in the family I am not so gifted but do love to "doodle" with shapes..

Sunshine, I am so glad you are here

Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post

I liked watching Bob Ross when I was younger. He was always so peaceful and gentle. I can't imagine him ever throwing things or losing his temper.

"Now, I'm going to put some happy little trees over here."

Did the classes help you? Is it as easy to paint as he makes it look?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I write poetry and journals to relieve the stress of moderating
LOL!!!

Gotta love it.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
herefornow...His classes were wonderful. He actually had a school that trained "teachers" and the lady that led the Bob Ross class i was in was saying how nice and calming he was, yet they had to know what they were doing in order to teach in his name.
"Happy Little Trees" i too loved watching him. He was a gifted man.

ans....i'll get my courage up. I am my own worst critic thats for sure.

another stress reliever i think is listening to the water at the Lake or Ocean...soothing.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,897 times
Oh, this is fabulous, all of you! I draw, too!! But really, not often right now.

I want to hear Mystic's blues on the piano! I am SO Jealous of people to play the piano, and to paly the BLUES! Oo-oo-oo-oo! Can I sing the blues while you play? Oh, yeah! And I can skat a little! Not well, but it's fun! And can you play for me while I sing a spiritual or two???? Woo! This is getting good!

I can't paint. I hate what I paint. It all gets destroyed on the very day.

But I have journaled.

My most recent poetry and drawing was in a journal during my most recent days of getting over the old church. I wrote some fairly biting stuff about the old church with a lot of humor thrown in. It was a lot of fun and a huge release.

Last edited by VelcroQueen; 09-15-2010 at 08:56 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post

I want to hear Mystic's blues on the piano!.....Can I sing the blues while you play? Oh, yeah!
June feels the potential for a youtube link here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity