Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I deleted my post. I don't want to have anything to do with your disrespectful attitude. You keep preaching love, as if you knew the meaning of the word, but your attitude displays the opposite of love.

So long.

Actually, your accusation of hypocrisy shows that you pay no attention to what I have said specifically on the subject of love.

You will find that I have admitted to not being able to love like God, but can understand what the goal of love actually is.

You and others like you prey upon people who admit the reasons they believe what they do in honesty.

You are the hypocrite that the light has shown upon.

Thou Blind Pharasee.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:07 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually, your accusation of hypocrisy shows that you pay no attention to what I have said specifically on the subject of love.
Your own words and attitude are for all to see, so it is not me who is doing this to you, you are doing it to youself.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:12 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Stop it both of you

Old 06-30-2010, 04:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Has anyone heard of the boomerang effect?

This is what I observe...around and around it goes...just a reminder...oooops

Old 06-30-2010, 04:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Stop it both of you
^^Peacemaker

Old 06-30-2010, 04:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Stop it both of you :d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
has anyone heard of the boomerang effect?

This is what i observe...around and around it goes...just a reminder...oooops
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
^^peacemaker
:d:d:d

Old 06-30-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your own words and attitude are for all to see, so it is not me who is doing this to you, you are doing it to youself.

I am not doing anything to myself. I acknowledge everything I have said, I said it and I meant every word and any attitude I have is what it is and your assessment of it is irrelevant.

The pharasees didn't like Jesus attitude either.

Nice try, but no dice.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I am not doing anything to myself. I acknowledge everything I have said, I said it and I meant every word and any attitude I have is what it is and your assessment of it is irrelevant.

The pharasees didn't like Jesus attitude either.

Nice try, but no dice.
No, but Jesus loved them unto death.

Peace to all here as we journey,
brian

Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No, but Jesus loved them unto death.

Peace to all here as we journey,
brian

Yes he did, I'm not Jesus and don't put on a mask as if I might be.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
In addition to my recent post on the salvation of all, already accomplished by God through His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, I have one small additional reason as to why I believe in the salvation of the world (regardless of doctrinal views of the hows and whys of "getting there"). It is this:

As long as I believe that there is "judgment" and "hell" to pay to unbelievers (the type typically preached), I truly and honestly cannot "love my neighbor." I simply can't do it. I find myself hating, despising, judging and criticizing others.
Conversely, when I think on the eternal Mercy and Goodness and Salvation of all souls back to the Almighty, I rejoice, I have peace inside, I feel a beautiful desire to share the Good News with others, and my judging and despising is turned into Love!

A very simple, hands-on, doctrine-less, experiential reason why I am convinced that ET is not the Truth of God.

Maybe other people are able to "love thy neighbor as thyself" and still believe that they are going to hell. I personally cannot do it, and my experiences have proven it to me.

Blessings to all,
brian
Brian you are completely right .

Actually orthodox christianity is built on fear and the control of a man's mind , not faith in God , fear contrary to popular belief needs no faith , we are naturally drawn to it , that is why eternal torment is so easily accepted because the natural man is a slave to fear and death .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity