Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,221,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Lets share our views on this topic, as I think that this is a major area for disagreement.My understanding from scripture is that Jesus talked about it and his second coming should be another incarnation.
The sheeple aren't going to like this but contrary to current popular beliefs...there are traces of it still in the bible that weren't completely edited out by Rome in not only the OT but the NT. James 3:6...speaks to the wheel of life.

It's a known fact that it was a common belief before Rome decided to ban it...but don't believe me, research it for yourself.

Here's one you can get started at: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen03.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM

910 posts, read 1,340,028 times
Quote:
Hmm - that passage is interesting, I have wondered -- is it physical death that is being talked about?

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once [B]in the end of the world [/b]hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
A lot of folks still have not understood the verses above.

In one life cycle you die once. After death, you are judged by your actions. That judgement may mean your coming back to the world to serve the judgement.

For instance

First Adam sinned, lived a life to 930years with family etc. 2nd Adam, came for only a short assignment and gave his life as an atonement, no family. Do you see the similarities or differences?

Elijah killed several Baal priest in his lifetime. John the baptist a holy innocent man, certified by Jesus himself meets a very humiliating death at the hands of Herod. Do you see the cummeuppance for the earlier offence? He killed and his judgement was that he must be killed. He comes back to earth and circumstances are contrived by the Father of all to keep his natural Law - death by killing.

Jesus Christ of Jerusalem, King of the Jews gave his life for all mankind, his coming back now is to rule all the nations with an iron rod. He becomes the king of kings and the lord of lords

Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM

910 posts, read 1,340,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The sheeple aren't going to like this but contrary to current popular beliefs...there are traces of it still in the bible that weren't completely edited out by Rome in not only the OT but the NT. James 3:6...speaks to the wheel of life.

It's a known fact that it was a common belief before Rome decided to ban it...but don't believe me, research it for yourself.

Here's one you can get started at: Reincarnation and the Bible

If we deny reincarnation, it means we do not understand that man is made of spirit, water and blood. what happens to the spirit after liberation from the body by death or translation? It goes to the spiritual realm and is judged for all the events it acted in the earth. The resut of the judgement could necessitate it to come down on earth as man or as an animal or even a tree. After death, the spirit multiplies. Christ said unless a grain of corn is sown and it dies, it stands alone...

What happens to the baby in the womb? Without the spirit, man can do nothing, so the spirit enables the baby to develop in the womb. The spirit is life and is God and is every being.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:48 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,567,932 times
Quote:
James 3:6 speakes to wheel of life?

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.

I think you need to read the Bible before you tell us what is says.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:44 PM

697 posts, read 1,073,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
My guess is the majority here will refute it.

Personally, I think its 50/50. If you do have to come back, I view it as punishment though. Most NDE'ers believe in reincarnation for what its worth.

By NDE, do you mean Near Death Experience? And why do you say they believe in reincarnation? I've never heard that before.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,221,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
James 3:6 speakes to wheel of life?

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.

I think you need to read the Bible before you tell us what is says.
Gr. trochon tēs geneseōs = a wheel

I have read it several hundred times...I think you need to actually study yours instead of just reading what the biased translators want you to read.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Gr. trochon tēs geneseōs = a wheel

I have read it several hundred times...I think you need to actually study yours instead of just reading what the biased translators want you to read.
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the a wheel; and it is set on fire by hell.

Still doesn't work. Makes even less sense. Sorry.

The english word course is what it really means per Strongs and other people who are far smarter than you or I when it comes to Greek.

From Strongs:

Original Word: τροχός
Transliteration: trochos
Phonetic Spelling: (trokh-os')
Short Definition: course

course.

From trecho; a wheel (as a runner), i.e. (figuratively) a circuit of physical effects -- course.
see GREEK trecho τροχὸν (trochon) − 1 Occurrence

Old 07-31-2010, 05:09 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,200,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the a wheel; and it is set on fire by hell.

Still doesn't work. Makes even less sense. Sorry.

Actually, it does.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Actually, it does.
OK. So next thing the UR folk are going to incorporate reincarnation into their theology.

It just keeps getting better.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:41 PM

5,510 posts, read 7,353,736 times
I had an interesting discussion the other day with a NDE'r, who believed in reincarnation.

I tried to find common ground.

I think we both agreed, that regardless of what happens after this life,

our actions have eternal consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity