Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

(It would be great to discuss other faith topics.) But the hell-fire breathers won't allow the weak to get beyond that topic. I believe God has chosen this as the time to expose wickedness and lies in high places. I think that is why this topic is "HOT" at this time in history. Because this world certainly can be a hellish place and I do believe it will be destroyed by fire. But to teach that such punishment will be without end because God can't get his desire for man - it is just so wrong to teach this sort of thing. I really do think it is the same as likening God to Satan, which, as most of you know IS the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps if you are locked into that, then God will not allow you to change your mind about it and you continue to be a vessel of wrath and dishonor. Clearly, God is sovereign over what each person believes and no one can do anything without his permission - He IS ALL POWERFUL.

Is Hell Eternal?Or is this present world the hell that Yeshua/Jesus descended into for our sake?
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/is_hell_eternal/is_hell_eternal_index.html

YouTube - My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less

Last edited by Heartsong; 08-02-2010 at 04:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 04:39 AM

365 posts, read 511,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
...Is Hell Eternal?]

Eternal hellfire stems from devils first lie[Gen 3:4], then came pagan philosophy, jewish apostasies, catholicism then protestantism!

In the Hebrew and Greek, Sheol[Hebrew] and Hades,Tartaroo and Gehenna[Greek] is a place of death, darkness & silence. In other words, the grave! But the English word "Hell" means an eternal burning place of agony! But in the original Hebrew/Greek, there is no such word as "hell".

The Roman Catholic Church pushed for this "eternal hellfire" teaching so they could get money of out of people from fear during dark ages, and this led and influenced translators to use english words such as "hell" and "eternal" for greek words that does NOT mean hell or endless.

God is a loving merciful God, and not a tormenting, revengeful and sadistic God as many people will claim that will burn forever the lost where they will be screaming out in TERROR and PAIN forever without being able to ever put a stop to their pain!

What's the purpose of God's punishment as taught in Bible? Punishment is for CORRECTION and REDIRECTION of acts, to align with God's law and repent! Yet with a eternal hellfire, there is no objective in it, there is no end to the punishment and no opportunity to change and repent, hence, NO objective to the punishment! I reject the idea of eternal punishment and my God and my Bible doesn't teach it.

And if the wages of sin was eternal hellfire and agony, that would mean that Jesus, our total substitute, who had to bear the FULL penalty of our sins, would have to burn forever in agony in eternal hellfire.

Eternal sleep[death] is the wages for those who reject Jesus - John 3:36, Rom 6:23, Psa 37:20,104:35. They will burn, and burn up and be no more in a lake of fire which will eventually burn out - Oba 1:16.

Jesus talked about Gehenna and Gehenna was a literal rubbish dump! but English translators used the English word HELL for this, but in the Greek there is no such word as hell.

When Jesus used the term "Gehenna", his hearers clearly understood it to be a rubbish dump, situated south/west of Jerusalem where refuse and the bodies of criminals were burnt. But English translators made it into HELL an English word that never exists in the original Greek.

Since rubbish and dead criminals and bodies were continuously added, the fires were perpetually flamed and kept alight. However, individual bodies did not burn endlessly, they became ashes! Eternal hellfire is ONLY taught in English translations, it is not taught in the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts.

Not once did Jesus say a place will burn the lost forever! Certain people only get this understanding from the English Bible. Nowhere in the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts does it talk about an eternal hellfire!

ETERNAL HELLFIRE is one of the BIGGEST DECEPTIVE LIES IN CHRISTIAN HISTORY!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
(It would be great to discuss other faith topics.) But the hell-fire breathers won't allow the weak to get beyond that topic.
Do you ever talk about anything else but hell?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness...No merit of my own I claim, but wholly live on Jesus Name...

...On Christ the Solid Rock I stand...all other ground is sinking sand...

...all other ground is sinking sand...

...when I can't see Your plan...I'll stand...still.

I love You Jesus.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:23 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
What's the purpose of God's punishment as taught in Bible?
Exactly.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
(It would be great to discuss other faith topics.) But the hell-fire breathers won't allow the weak to get beyond that topic.
Your kidding? Right?

The UR folk start a 100 threads a week on hell (as you just have) and derail half of the other threads towards the virtues of UR or the evil of the orhodox view.

IMO this forum is usless as far as discussing Chritianity goes. Might as well change this forum's name to Christian Universalist.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
(It would be great to discuss other faith topics.) But the hell-fire breathers won't allow the weak to get beyond that topic. I believe God has chosen this as the time to expose wickedness and lies in high places. I think that is why this topic is "HOT" at this time in history. Because this world certainly can be a hellish place and I do believe it will be destroyed by fire. But to teach that such punishment will be without end because God can't get his desire for man - it is just so wrong to teach this sort of thing. I really do think it is the same as likening God to Satan, which, as most of you know IS the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps if you are locked into that, then God will not allow you to change your mind about it and you continue to be a vessel of wrath and dishonor. Clearly, God is sovereign over what each person believes and no one can do anything without his permission - He IS ALL POWERFUL.

Is Hell Eternal?Or is this present world the hell that Yeshua/Jesus descended into for our sake?
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/is_hell_eternal/is_hell_eternal_index.html

YouTube - My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
Yes, until such time as people realize the error of ET it NEEDS to be discussed. There's a whole lot of people living in fear of an eternal fiery hell and that needs to be set straight. NO ONE should be living in fear of such a thing. Jesus came here to give us life and give it abundantly and that includes a fear-free belief in Him and God's plan.

We are to LOVE, not instill fear and hatred and scare people away from the teachings of Jesus Christ. And that's exactly what the ET teaching does...it drives people away from God and when everyone realizes that then there will be no more debate between UR and ET. Just the love and peacefulness that Jesus taught.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought the same thing

Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I thought the same thing

You two are kidding us right? That's ALL you talk about!! If you don't want to discuss the error of ET beliefs then why come into a thread that you don't like and make comments like this when it's not even true?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Ilene Wright wrote:
Quote:
Yes, until such time as people realize the error of ET it NEEDS to be discussed. There's a whole lot of people living in fear of an eternal fiery hell and that needs to be set straight. NO ONE should be living in fear of such a thing. Jesus came here to give us life and give it abundantly and that includes a fear-free belief in Him and God's plan.

We are to LOVE, not instill fear and hatred and scare people away from the teachings of Jesus Christ. And that's exactly what the ET teaching does...it drives people away from God and when everyone realizes that then there will be no more debate between UR and ET. Just the love and peacefulness that Jesus taught.
Thanks for understanding the reason I started this thread, Ilene. It was intended to say WHY this forum cannot get beyond the milk of babes in Christ. It is because those who ought to be mature have been stunted while in the womb and cannot get beyond the misguided idea of salvation being a fire insurance/ escape from hell free policy whereby they continue year after year to crucify the son of God afresh and are unable to change their minds. That may be permanent for them (in this world) but for those who come here to read, God very well may use these perpetual arguments to keep them from learning the same error and continuing to spread it further. When I want to discuss other aspects of faith, I have a small group of mature brothers and sisters in Christ with whom I can go - but it is not done here on City-Data BECAUSE of what I just explained.

That was my point. Thanks.
Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity