Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 PM

910 posts, read 1,339,155 times

Advertisements

Lets share our views on this topic, as I think that this is a major area for disagreement.My understanding from scripture is that Jesus talked about it and his second coming should be another incarnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,560 times
My guess is the majority here will refute it.

Personally, I think its 50/50. If you do have to come back, I view it as punishment though. Most NDE'ers believe in reincarnation for what its worth.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:52 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,404,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Lets share our views on this topic, as I think that this is a major area for disagreement.My understanding from scripture is that Jesus talked about it and his second coming should be another incarnation.
The only inidication I see for it would be Elijah/John the baptist, but I think that's a stretch. Purely from a logistical standpoint, reincarnation doesn't make sense to me, personally.

I'd be interested to hear what teachings of Jesus indicate to you the idea of reincarnation though, Marlbron.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:05 PM

9,692 posts, read 10,029,011 times
There is NO reincarnation in Christianity and you need to post this thread in Religion and Philosophy forum were there may be of the Hindus religion who would be interested.....The second coming of Jesus Christ is not a incarnation because Jesus is alive in Heaven and with the Body of Christ at the same time and does not need to be incarnated if Jesus is still alive because Jesus rose from the dead after the Cross of Christ and assended into Heaven and has been alive since he rose from the dead 1,977 years ago making Jesus Christ 2,010 years old and still alive with NO reincarnation..... any incarnation of Jesus was when Jesus was first born 2,010 years ago as a incarnation of the Living God into a man on the earth to become the Son of Man who now has the authority of Heaven and the earth , and will not be any recarnation.......

Old 07-23-2010, 03:09 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The only inidication I see for it would be Elijah/John the baptist, but I think that's a stretch. Purely from a logistical standpoint, reincarnation doesn't make sense to me, personally.

I'd be interested to hear what teachings of Jesus indicate to you the idea of reincarnation though, Marlbron.
Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

There are other passages that seem to suggest reincarnation:-

How could the disciples ask if the man born blind had sinned to be in that state if they did not believe in reincarnation.

This is something that I have wondered about during my life and have put on the back burner, but have the idea that if it is true that it is where things sown previously are reaped.

I agree with pleroo Marlbron what scriptures do you think suggest reincarnation?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:12 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,197,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

How could the disciples ask if the man born blind had sinned to be in that state if they did not believe in reincarnation.

This is something that I have wondered about during my life and have put on the back burner, but have the idea that if it is true that it is where things sown previously are reaped.

I agree with pleroo Marlbron what scriptures do you think suggest reincarnation?
John 9:2 is an interesting one. And, Jesus did not correct them and tell them they were idiots for suggesting the man sinned before he was born. But, the scriptures also say that we are appointed one time to die.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:21 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
John 9:2 is an interesting one. And, Jesus did not correct them and tell them they were idiots for suggesting the man sinned before he was born. But, the scriptures also say that we are appointed one time to die.
Hmm - that passage is interesting, I have wondered -- is it physical death that is being talked about?

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once [B]in the end of the world [/b]hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,555,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

Oh goody, now the universalists are saying reincarnation could be biblical.......

It just keeps gettng better.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,880 times
Jesus came back as the same person and He will come again as the same person...God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
I do not believe in reincarnation;I'm me,you're you,and so is everyone else.Just as we will always be,dead or alive.In this life or after death.ONE life and ONE death,as the same person.JMO.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:14 PM

910 posts, read 1,339,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Jesus came back as the same person and He will come again as the same person...God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
I do not believe in reincarnation;I'm me,you're you,and so is everyone else.Just as we will always be,dead or alive.In this life or after death.ONE life and ONE death,as the same person.JMO.
It appears you have not read the Revelation and you have not read John 14 till John 17.Perhaps I can help':

Rev 3:
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity