Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:50 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

Advertisements

I have found, over the years that one can be "wrong" (in some points of doctrine) and still be OK with God.

So, what really matters in the opinion of God? Said opinion is found in the Bible as far as I am concerned.

All this arguing about doctrine. Even to the point of one saved person telling another saved person that he/she going to hell, because their denomination uses the wrong color of carpet in the sanctuary.

It gets old and I will confess that I am part of the problem.

In my 30 plus years of being born again I've visited and/or been a part of many denominations-Presbyterian, Lutheran (both flavors) Calvary Chapal, American and Southern Baptist, Evangelical Free, Foursquare and a couple of non-demominal types.
  • So which one is right?
  • Which one has the TRVTH?
The answer is simple. It was made clear to me by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit spoke to me when I entered a church which taught the Truth. Turns out that most churches, regardless of the name on the sign are the right church.
So the question is begged. What matters to God? How can 20 different denominations all be right. Could it be that God really doesn't care what color carpet is used in the Sanctuary?

Are there actually only a couple of things that really mattter to God and all of this having one's ducks in a row REALLY DOESN"T MATTER?
IMO the question is not which church is Right, but rather which church is right for me according to God's plan for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I have found, over the years that one can be "wrong" (in some points of doctrine) and still be OK with God.

So, what really matters in the opinion of God? Said opinion is found in the Bible as far as I am concerned.

All this arguing about doctrine. Even to the point of one saved person telling another saved person that he/she going to hell, because their denomination uses the wrong color of carpet in the sanctuary.

It gets old and I will confess that I am part of the problem.

In my 30 plus years of being born again I've visited and/or been a part of many denominations-Presbyterian, Lutheran (both flavors) Calvary Chapal, American and Southern Baptist, Evangelical Free, Foursquare and a couple of non-demominal types.
  • So which one is right?
  • Which one has the TRVTH?
The answer is simple. It was made clear to me by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit spoke to me when I entered a church which taught the Truth. Turns out that most churches, regardless of the name on the sign are the right church.
So the question is begged. What matters to God? How can 20 different denominations all be right. Could it be that God really doesn't care what color carpet is used in the Sanctuary?

Are there actually only a couple of things that really mattter to God and all of this having one's ducks in a row REALLY DOESN"T MATTER?
IMO the question is not which church is Right, but rather which church is right for me according to God's plan for me.
I commend you for you insight...especially that of realizing, that spirituality is a PERSONAL thing and that there is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL form of spirituality. We are all unique and different and our spiritual walks will also be unique and different, therefore, we should RESPECT each persons INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL walk, regardless of what religion they follow for I submit...that TRUTH is relative to each INDIVIDUAL PERSON...what I accept as TRUTH may not be the same as what you accept as TRUTH...but this does not make my TRUTH any less valid nor does it invalidate your TRUTH. So....why can't we all just RESPECTFULLY GET ALONG????????

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 08-18-2010 at 10:18 AM..

Old 08-18-2010, 10:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I commend you for you insight...especially that of realizing, that spirituality is a PERSONAL thing and that there is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL form of spirituality. We are all unique and different and our spiritual walks will also be unique and different, therefore, we should RESPECT each persons INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL walk, regardless of what religion they follow for I submit...that TRUTH is relative to each INDIVIDUAL PERSON...what I accept as TRUTH may not be the same as what you accept as TRUTH...but this does not make my TRUTH and less valid nor does it invalidate your TRUTH. So....why can't we all just RESPECTFULLY GET ALONG????????
Yeah - what she said!

And for me - I feel more at home outside among the trees and animals than I do in a church. Nature makes me feel peaceful, grateful, and happy.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - what she said!

And for me - I feel more at home outside among the trees and animals than I do in a church. Nature makes me feel peaceful, grateful, and happy.
Yeah...I just love being in and around nature...but it's awful dang hot here this time of year and I am mighty grateful for my air conditioning too!!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I commend you for you insight...especially that of realizing, that spirituality is a PERSONAL thing and that there is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL form of spirituality. We are all unique and different and our spiritual walks will also be unique and different, therefore, we should RESPECT each persons INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL walk, regardless of what religion they follow for I submit...that TRUTH is relative to each INDIVIDUAL PERSON...what I accept as TRUTH may not be the same as what you accept as TRUTH...but this does not make my TRUTH any less valid nor does it invalidate your TRUTH. So....why can't we all just RESPECTFULLY GET ALONG????????
What your post really asks is that we "love God and each other" as often and in as many situations and circumstances as we can . . . because THAT is what really matters to be right with God.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What your post really asks is that we "love God and each other" as often and in as many situations and circumstances as we can . . . because THAT is what really matters to be right with God.
That's right!!!!!! Love is a many splendored thing.........
Love makes the world go round.....................
The Loveboat soon will be making another round.................

Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree, but only after the foundation of being in relationship with God thru Jesus has been established with the individual.

1John 4:7-12 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 Cor 3:11-15 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
Faith without works is dead.

Works without faith is in vain.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I agree, but only after the foundation of being in relationship with God thru Jesus has been established with the individual.
That is achieved by God ("the Father calls us") in His time and it either is or is not manifest in the "fruits" of each individual. It cannot be willed or proclaimed by any of us . . . as if we controlled belief. Belief is an inner status that either is or isn't, period.
Quote:
1John 4:7-12 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 Cor 3:11-15 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
Faith without works is dead.

Works without faith is in vain.
Note that it is the agape love that makes God live within us and completes us . . . NOT what we decide to claim we believe. Jesus' death and rebirth as Spirit is what makes His Holy Spirit available to us ALL within our consciousness.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:46 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
I'm a live and let live kind of person. I am very tolerant of all walks of life, cultures, and religions. As long as my beliefs aren't mocked and my rights are not infringed upon, and there isn't threat of danger to myself or family, then I don't see an issue with how others live their lives. It is unfortunate that more Christians don't live this way. If we would become more tolerant of each other, I think the world would be a better place, and people wouldn't get turned off by religion or God Himself. I find myself even though baptised as a catholic to be more spriritual than religious. I do go to church occasionally, but I feel that one does not need to dress up and go sit in a building to worship God. God can be worshipped and praised ANYTIME!!!! I try to keep it simple in my beliefs, as we all know debates on religion, and which one is the right one can make it become complicated, and cause a whole lot of fuss! Remember, we are all human. We make mistakes, but that does not mean that the majority of us are going to burn in Hell for every sin that we commit. I can't imagine God would be that cruel.

There are however those out there that do deserve eternal damnation, and the fate that they are going to receive.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,671 times
Default Right Church Does Matter To Go To Heaven

Matthew 15:14---Blind led by blind leaders == failure in God.

What is a blind leader ?

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 3:5.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Hebrews 4.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Jesus being
both the Father and the Son---- John 8:24.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 6:1.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise James 5:20.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 8:31 if
your talking about 1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Peter 4:1-4 in the bible.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 2 Timothy 3:16
in the bible if your talking about 1 Timothy 2:9-14 and
Romans 7:2-3 in the bible today.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 12:17
if you want to be a soldier or defend your house with a gun today.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 10:17
if you think you heard God talking in your head without the bible.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 2 Cor. 6:14-17
if you win converts a lot for meetings all the time.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 1:17 if
your church's theology says that water baptism and repentance
is old law ordinance works conflicting the atonement of Jesus on
the cross.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 10 and
1 John 2:27 if you feel big shots get the spiritual insight on God
in the bible only.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 2 Peter 1:20-21
if you feel some of the bible has nothing to do with being saved
God's way.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Matthew 5:18-20
if you feel your intregrity is ever better then God's in the bible
anywhere.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Rev. 22:18-19 if
you feel God not smart enough for English speaking people today.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Rev. 22:5 if
somebody write about a lie or heresy book and you buy it only.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Isaiah 64:6 if
you feel your intregrity or common sense is so great ever.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 1 Cor. 1:25 if
you ever feel your smarter then God like Eve with the written
book anywhere.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 10:2-3
if you feel you have a mind of your own that's better then God's ever.

Those that say you can go heaven and despise Acts 17:28 if you feel
you can ever be about your own thing to do and leave God out.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 17 if you feel your theology on unity is better then God's theology on unity today.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 2 Cor. 4:3 cause you want everybody you know to make it in heaven.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Galations 1:8-9 cause
God is all about a 1 on 1 with him only really.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 1 Thess. 5:12 cause it's against your religion to be nosy and a busybody on what people believe enough in the bible today.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 8:31 if your a 90% bible believer.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 2 Peter 1:20-21 cause
nobody will see eye to eye on what all the bible say alike.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 6:1 so you should be about prosperity faith instead of bible faith too--1 Timothy 6
and Luke 3:14 and Luke 12:15 today.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Hebrews 4 cause all
Christians can't see eye to eye on what day is the Sabbath.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 3:5 if you never decided to be in a church with a baptism pool with rules.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 7:2-3 cause you got saved after you married a divorcee you never married before.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise John 1:17 cause the
church you belong to says: women can wear pant because of what some
old law ordinance by Moses said.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise Romans 12:29 if you believe in being born again in tongues.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 1 Cor. 12 and
1 Cor. 14 if you feel everybody should do a hand laying miracle on people
to be a real believer.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 1 Cor. 14 cause they feel you have to pray to God in tongues to speak to him only.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise 1 Cor. 14 cause they simply speak in tongues and can break any tongue rules they want.

Those that say you can go to heaven and despise interpreting
Romans 8:9 right cause they feel the Holy Spirit is tongues and not
John 6:63 or the bible book Word.

Those that say abundant life in Christ is prosperity in the natural as well as a cigarette or beer habit broke only---1 Timothy 6 and Luke 3:14 and Luke 12:15 and Matthew 4:4 and John 8:31.

Those that say faith is all about your self confidence to get faith only today---Romans 10:17.

Those that say faith is all about your trust in God whether you have the book enough to support your faith or not----Romans 10:17 and
Matthew 4:4 and John 8:31 again.

Those that say trying to live out all the bible for today is old law ordinance works like Moses that voids out the cross for grace to
make it---Matthew 4:4 and 2 Timothy 3:16 and John 8:31 .

Those that ban water baptism or John 3:5 today cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban repentance or Romans 6:1 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban 1 Peter 3:3 and 2 Timothy 3:16 cause of Ephes. 2:8.

Those that ban Hebrews 4 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban 1 Peter 4:1-4 & 2 Tim. 3:16 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban James 5:20 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban Matthew 5:18-20 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban Romans 10:2-3 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those than ban 2 Peter 1:20-21 & 2 Tim. 3:16 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban 1 Cor. 14 & 2 Tim. 3:16 cause of Ephesians 2:8 today.

Those that ban 2 Cor. 6 segregation & 2 Tim. 3:16 cause of
Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban Rev. 22:5 and Rev. 22:18-19 cause of Ephesians 2:8.

Those that ban John 8:31 cause of Ephesians 2:8 today.

Those that ban Matthew 4:4 cause of Ephesians 2:8 today.

Those that say Jesus is all the leader you need----John 10.

Those that say the church is any atonement believer
today-----John 17 and Romans 6:1 and Amos 3:3 and John 8:31.

Those that say the church is your 1 on 1 with God only---John 17.

Those that say any meeting with any atonement believer is
the church---John 8:31 and 2 Tim. 3:16 and Amos 3:3 and John 17 and also Romans 6:1.

Those that say any meeting with any well liked person is the
church---Matthew 10:22 and 1 Thess. 5:12 and John 17 and Amos 3:3.

Those that applaud the common sense or intregrity of any man
today----Psalms 8:4 and Isaiah 64:6 and 1 Cor. 1:25.

Those that applaud any wisdom of man in any man
today---Psalms 8:4 and Isaiah 64:6 and 1 Cor. 1:25.

Those that say the wisdom of God in 10% of the bible is
a waste of time on salvation----2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21
and again in Psalms 8:4 and Isaiah 64:6 and 1 Cor. 1:25 as well as
Romans 10:2-3 and Matthew 5:18-20 today.

Those that say the real move of God is converts and meetings and not the right people together----2 Cor. 6 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1
and John 17 and John 10 and last but not least Matthew 5:9.

Those that say the real move of God is miracles or deliverance and all kinds of prosperity today and not the right people together---2 Cor. 6 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1 and John 17 and last but not least
Matthew 5:9.

Those that say the real move of God is persuaded atonement believers
meeting only today--Romans 6:1 and John 8:31 and Matthew 4:4 and
Romans 10:2-3 and Matthew 5:18-20 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

Those that say your a control freak and cult if you believe both 1 Thess. 5:12 and Amos 3:3.

Those that say your a control freak and cult if you believe 2 Peter 1:20-21 and 2 Timothy 3:16 alike.

Those that say your a control feak and cult if you take Matthew 4:4 and John 8:31 at 100% face value for what it say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity