Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 05:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times

Advertisements

YES, I do know that this is a Christian forum! -- I ask because it seems like so many of the threads/posts on this and other Christian blogs... are innundated with theological jargon and quoting scripture back and forth. I'm wondering if we aren't so busy 'drinking our own bathwater,' that we miss the opportunity to allow people to observe how Christians really deal with life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
YES, I do know that this is a Christian forum! -- I ask because it seems like so many of the threads/posts on this and other Christian blogs... are innundated with theological jargon and quoting scripture back and forth. I'm wondering if we aren't so busy 'drinking our own bathwater,' that we miss the opportunity to allow people to observe how Christians really deal with life.
Theology is what we do.

Esp on line.

If you want to observe how we live our lives, you need to visit us in that other reality called meatspace.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:20 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:

Oh I think many Christians post on here how they deal with real life. I mean if their "real" life is not the same as how they post here that would be bearing a false witness so I am not sure I follow what your trying to say.

I am the same in person as you find me here, I certainly deal with life how I operate here, head on.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Given the fact that there are some 30,000 different denominations of Christianity, which all adhere to different doctrines and dogma, where none of them can agree on anything even though they are all reading out of the exact same holy book...the better question would be...why is this so????? And, how can a Christian expect to relate or share anything of value to a nonbeliever...when ya'll can't agree on anything?????

Old 08-20-2010, 05:30 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
The Word of Jesus is life and to know the Word of God is to know life. Jesus is the logos Word of God and is the authority of the Word in the Trinity of the Lord , Christians give their life to Jesus and have answered prayer from Heaven from the Word of God ,, Whereas If there is NO Word of God , then there is no faith, and were there is No Faith then there is sin, So Christians the Word of God is very important for our faith in the Lord Jesus for our vocabulary is the Heavenly Words of Jesus.....Holy Spirit will not respond to our call, but when we use the Words of Jesus Heaven will move mountains of issues out of our life and bring blessings beyond our knowledge, Interprepation into the Word of Jesus come through Holy Spirit who is called to teach all truth.were literal and logical and legal ideas can bring error into the heart of the Word of Jesus.....

Old 08-20-2010, 06:32 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
Quote:

Its a forum, for sharing ideas and debated differences in doctrine. There is a reformation of the church going on, just like there was 300 or so years ago.

The bests place for people to show and example Christian liberty and love is in real life where you can have a real impact on sinners and unbelievers and show them love and compassion and humility and all the fruits of the spirit.

God bless ...

Old 08-21-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Word of Jesus is life and to know the Word of God is to know life. Jesus is the logos Word of God and is the authority of the Word in the Trinity of the Lord , Christians give their life to Jesus and have answered prayer from Heaven from the Word of God ,, Whereas If there is NO Word of God , then there is no faith, and were there is No Faith then there is sin, So Christians the Word of God is very important for our faith in the Lord Jesus for our vocabulary is the Heavenly Words of Jesus.....Holy Spirit will not respond to our call, but when we use the Words of Jesus Heaven will move mountains of issues out of our life and bring blessings beyond our knowledge, Interprepation into the Word of Jesus come through Holy Spirit who is called to teach all truth.were literal and logical and legal ideas can bring error into the heart of the Word of Jesus.....
Huh? ..... No offense intended, but that is kind of what I mean. Can you say that in plain English?

Old 08-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Given the fact that there are some 30,000 different denominations of Christianity, which all adhere to different doctrines and dogma, where none of them can agree on anything even though they are all reading out of the exact same holy book...the better question would be...why is this so????? And, how can a Christian expect to relate or share anything of value to a nonbeliever...when ya'll can't agree on anything?????
That's a very interesting point (but, 30,000??). I believe the answer for Christians is that we need to keep the focus on Jesus Christ and the Bible ... and not on ourselves and our own individual interpretations and dogmas. It's tough for Christians to remember sometimes that only the Lord can do the work of the Lord ... and it's not really about us and our interpretations!

God has already given every person an inborn knowledge of Himself and His truth. For reasons we do not fully understand, God has chosen to allow Christians to participate in sharing and spreading His truths (He must have a real sense of humor) - The job of Christians is to get out of the way --and not be an obstacle to what God wants to do.

Last edited by jghorton; 08-21-2010 at 04:04 PM..

Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
YES, I do know that this is a Christian forum! -- I ask because it seems like so many of the threads/posts on this and other Christian blogs... are innundated with theological jargon and quoting scripture back and forth.
Probably the same reason musicians like to talk about music and cooks like to exchange recipes.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:14 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Personally - I don't think God gives a rat's hiney about correct doctrine. He wants to liberate the oppressed through us.

We have all extremes here - some who think correct doctrine is all important and some who think agape is all important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity