Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:08 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,027,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No, he hasn't yet removed EVERYONE's sinful nature. But He will. I force my child not to run into the traffic. I would literally run into and force my child from great harm. That doesn't mean my child is a robot. God is going to force us away from our sinful nature.
I'm sorry, but this isn't going to make sense to me. You say that God will eventually remove everyone's sinful nature, that He is going to force us to do His will. If He does, in fact, force us to do good, then He is turning us into robots. If He takes away our right to choose for ourselves, what's the point of life? Why did He even put us here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 02:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm sorry, but this isn't going to make sense to me. You say that God will eventually remove everyone's sinful nature, that He is going to force us to do His will. If He does, in fact, force us to do good, then He is turning us into robots. If He takes away our right to choose for ourselves, what's the point of life? Why did He even put us here?
Agency......right? Doesn't sound like much agency when 99.9999% all go to some level of heaven.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Agency......right? Doesn't sound like much agency when 99.9999% all go to some level of heaven.
Why not? What would be your preferred cut-off? 25% in Heaven and 75% in Hell? Or maybe it wouldn't be acceptable to you unless it was more like 1% in Heaven and 99% in Hell. What possible difference does the percentage make? Agency has virtually nothing to do with percentages.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Quote:
Why not? What would be your preferred cut-off? 25% in Heaven and 75% in Hell? Or maybe it wouldn't be acceptable to you unless it was more like 1% in Heaven and 99% in Hell. What possible difference does the percentage make? Agency has virtually nothing to do with percentages.
I wasn't who came up with the 99.9999%.
Here's what I prefer.....God's Word, the Bible."only a few find it....few are chosen" . Where the idea that almost the majority makes it to heaven isn't what Jesus revealed.

Matthew 7:13
... For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 22:14
"For many are invited,but few are chosen."

The difference is that few is not the majority or the super majority 99.9999%.
Most people will chose to reject Jesus and will be eternally damned because of it. If it turns out to be 1%, that isn't my doing...... "few are chosen".

No agency .....No super majority in heaven. That is against Galatians 1:8-9

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-22-2010 at 03:12 PM..

Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 PM

I asked how any percentage has anything at all to do with free agency. Apparently you're not going to answer my question. Nothing new there.

Quote:
... For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Only a few will attain Exaltation, the greatest blessing God has promised the faithful. The vast majority will not. Far more of them will end up in Heaven but not actually in God's presence. Many will have to suffer for the thousand year period of Christ's Millennial Reign since they refused to repent of their sins and accept His sacrifice on their behalf. Once they have been punished for their sins, however, there is no need for a just God to continue to punish them forever.

Quote:
No agency ...
No agency? No freedom to choose. How sad. I'm glad I don't believe that.

Last edited by Katzpur; 08-22-2010 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-22-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
No super majority in heaven. That is against Galatians 1:8-9
I don't see how Galatians 1:8-9 has anything at all to do with how many people are going to go to Heaven. Perhaps you could explain.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,040,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That's why there are preachers.

Romans 10
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
[14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
[15] And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
[16] But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

It's His will for all to be saved, but they have to want to be saved.
Nobody can give us the desire to be saved but God.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not true. Rev 21 the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Does god FORCE people into salvation? No, of course not. Jesus himself said of the Jews who chose to reject Him:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! (Matthew 23:37).
The second death is a wonderful thing. It means that God is going to take those vile, murderers, sexually immoral, etc.. and cleanse them of their sinful nature through the lake of fire (which isn't a literal fire).

Old 08-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
If I force my son to do my will, it doesn't mean he is a robot. Everytime you obeyed your parents because you wanted to make them happy, doesn't mean that you were a robot. There is nothing taken away your right to choose. You will just eventually all choose Him.

He put you here to be His Children. He is teaching you about Good and Evil (since He has this knowledge of Good and Evil) and to show you that evil is bad and not to perform the works thereof.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I wasn't who came up with the 99.9999%.
Here's what I prefer.....God's Word, the Bible."only a few find it....few are chosen" . Where the idea that almost the majority makes it to heaven isn't what Jesus revealed.

The difference is that few is not the majority or the super majority 99.9999%.
Most people will chose to reject Jesus and will be eternally damned because of it. If it turns out to be 1%, that isn't my doing...... "few are chosen".

No agency .....No super majority in heaven. That is against Galatians 1:8-9
You are providing mistranslation. There are "...few finding it". Not to mean there are few that shall EVER find it.

Also, the few chosen are those to be the firstfruits, just as Israel was all to be God's Children but He only chose the Levites to be the chosen tribe to be the priests unto the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity