Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Everything in scripture....hmmm. You can't say heaven is real based on scripture and then say hell isn't. Not if you really believe everything in scripture

Correct, heaven and hell are concepts in scripture regardless of what anyone wants to argue concerning translations. Even if one argues translations, shamayim , shamayin, ouranos, gehenna, sheol, tartaroo, hades are all scriptural words, anyone saying these words do not exist indeed doesn't believe everything in scripture.

However what is not correct is that when someone doesn't intepret all of those words (and others if there are more) the same as you that it equals someone not believing everything in scripture.

I am sure that your smart enough to understand that simple concept, so perhaps when you say someone doesn't believe in hell and they do not believe everything in scripture, the truth most likely is that they do not use the words in scripture the same as YOU which means absolutely nothing concerning whether or not they believe everything in scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,626,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I think your brain glazed over what I posted....so I'm posting it again in the hopes that it might actually take root this time. Oh, BTW....you truly proved my point with your response above.
You are arguing with the word of God. And on the authority of the word of God, all who reject Christ as Savior will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.... twin !!! The scriptures speaks God's truth...... heaven, hell it is all there !
Blessings to you !!
No, it isn't, Latte. I swear on my mother's recent grave that it isn't. Well, actually, she doesn't have a grave, but if she did........

Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You are arguing with the word of God. And on the authority of the word of God, all who reject Christ as Savior will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Yes, Mike, his anger abides on him.

Who alone has eternal life? (you know, NO beginning~~~NO end?)

And if you KNOW God, you have eternal life!! Get it??!!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:06 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,626,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.... twin !!! The scriptures speaks God's truth...... heaven, hell it is all there !
Blessings to you !!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

It's not right, Mike, and you know it. One day, you will answer for this.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
It's not right, Mike, and you know it. One day, you will answer for this.
Herefornow, unlike the popluar belief, death is not an opinion. Sin is not an opinion.

The answer to "What must we do to be saved" is not an opinion.
Nor is John 3:36 is not an opinion or is John 3:16 is not an opinion.

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Jesus offers salvation without cost ... is not an opinion. It's how we are declared righteous.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Herefornow, unlike the popluar belief, death is not an opinion. Sin is not an opinion.

The answer to "What must we do to be saved" is not an opinion.
Nor is John 3:36 is not an opinion or is John 3:16 is not an opinion..
I never said it was.

Quote:
John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Jesus offers salvation without cost ... is not an opinion. It's how we are declared righteous.
ALL will rise in Christ! As in Adam~~~~>>>>>ALL die, so in Christ~~~~>>>>shall ALL be made alive!!

We are declared righteous after we are CALLED, understand the faith, and do what our faith requires of us; WORKS. And, even after this, we must run the race.

The lake of fire is for those who are fearful. WHO are the fearful?

Luke 12:47. That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.

I Corinthians 9:24. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Matthew 22:14. For many are called, but few are chosen."

2 Peter 1:10. So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away.

2 Peter 3:14. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

James 2:24. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James 2:25. In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

Revelation 7:14. Together they will go to war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will defeat them because he is Lord of all lords and King of all kings. And his called and chosen and faithful ones will be with him."

Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I never said it was.

ALL will rise in Christ! As in Adam~~~~>>>>>ALL die, so in Christ~~~~>>>>shall ALL be made alive!!

We are declared righteous after we are CALLED, understand the faith, and do what our faith requires of us; WORKS. And, even after this, we must run the race.

The lake of fire is for those who are fearful. WHO are the fearful?

Luke 12:47. That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.

I Corinthians 9:24. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Matthew 22:14. For many are called, but few are chosen."

2 Peter 1:10. So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away.

2 Peter 3:14. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

James 2:24. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James 2:25. In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

Revelation 7:14. Together they will go to war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will defeat them because he is Lord of all lords and King of all kings. And his called and chosen and faithful ones will be with him."
I understand what you're trying to imply, but your focusing on the fruit of faith or a lack thereof. Your focus is on "do" instead of "done".

Jesus offers salvation without cost, for he declares it as being "done".

Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I understand what you're trying to imply, but your focusing on the fruit of faith or a lack thereof. Your focus is on "do" instead of "done".

Jesus offers salvation without cost, for he declares it as being "done".

His job was to bring people back from the dead. That's everybody. Otherwise, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die. Dust to dust. Think about it for more than a second. He is the one who has power over death. He ROSE FROM THE DEAD! He did his job.

It is finished.

Tradition has certainly made a terrible mess of things. Honestly, they have. When religion mixes pagan mythology into it's teachings.........

Like mother, like daughter. Sweet ol' Mother church. (sarcasm )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity