Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:19 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times

Advertisements

I know I said I wouldn't post in the religious section again but I just had to ask this question and get your opinions on it! And I might change my mind about what I said. Lol. Let's just say I won't be in debates and general section anymore. I'll stay in the Christian section if you guys don't mind it.

I've been reading the Left Behind series for the first time and it kind of caught me off guard. There's alot of things that I don't agree with or feel is not biblically accurate. I was reading the first three books. I took everything with a grain of salt. Never believed any of it as a true representation of what's really going to happen. Because it seems to me, the author almost romanticizes the rapture or being "left behind". I don't know but it kind of got me confused about one main thing. I was under the impression the rapture will be a major cataclysmic event and every eye will see Jesus and confess his name like the bible says. This book says Christians just disappeared and were raptured without any sign of Christ. Which got me thinking. Am I wrong? Or is the author bibically accurate when he depicted the story as such? Because I thought it everyone would see him. To later be deceived by Satan they hadn't. So it's going to be a quiet event and Satan will deceive the remaining world about what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 03:54 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
No, you're not wrong.
"every eye will see Jesus"
"for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

Nobody will be left behind.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:12 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Jesus is coming as a thief in the night at the Rapture; only His Bride will be taken, not all Christians; those Christians left behind will have to get the spots out of their garments during the tribulation period; this is why I emphasize holy living so much; it's all in the Holy Scriptures.

However, all the small children will be taken during the Rapture, so it will be a pretty big event for the world when they're missing. It's also important to note that when a thief comes in the night, only a few people might see him, not the whole neighborhood.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus is coming as a thief in the night at the Rapture; only His Bride will be taken, not all Christians; those Christians left behind will have to get the spots out of their garments during the tribulation period; this is why I emphasize holy living so much; it's all in the Holy Scriptures.

However, all the small children will be taken during the Rapture, so it will be a pretty big event for the world when they're missing. It's also important to note that when a thief comes in the night, only a few people might see him, not the whole neighborhood.
Is a "thief" in the night a good thing...???

Old 08-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

That's right!! I never thought of that!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No, you're not wrong.
"every eye will see Jesus"
"for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

Nobody will be left behind.
Moderator cut: insult There will CLEARLY be people left behind. Read the bible! It's RIGHT THERE!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-28-2010 at 05:50 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 04:38 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,443,462 times
No...He's only coming as a "thief in the night" for those who ARE NOT WATCHFUL. Read the complete passage, what it says, it needs no interpretation of man, for it interprets itself:

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

For when they shall say, peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (Are you one of the brethren's? Then it shouldn't come upon you as a thief.)

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. (Are you of the day, are watching for His return?)

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

(1 Thessalonians 5: 1-11)

Friends, we need to be mindful of the times as never before! I implore you to keep your eyes on JESUS! There's a lot of look alike and sound alike arising out of the pit of hell like never before. We need to be watchful, we need to stay prayed up!! The whole armor friends, put it on!! Amen?

Old 08-28-2010, 04:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Default The Key Word "taken"

Matthew 241-51 "The Second Coming"

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only.
37 But as the days of No'e were, before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that No'e entered into the ark.
38 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

~~~~~~~~~~
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Is the ^^^ a good thing...???

Luke 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; one is taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him,Where, Lord? and he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles (vultures) be gathered together.

Food for thought...

Peace!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:44 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Matthew 25 lets us know that the wise virgins will go with the Bridegroom; the foolish virgins will be shut out into the tribulation period. Why? Because they had no oil (the Holy Ghost) (Acts 5:32).

Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,443,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I know I said I wouldn't post in the religious section again but I just had to ask this question and get your opinions on it! And I might change my mind about what I said. Lol. Let's just say I won't be in debates and general section anymore. I'll stay in the Christian section if you guys don't mind it.

I've been reading the Left Behind series for the first time and it kind of caught me off guard. There's alot of things that I don't agree with or feel is not biblically accurate. I was reading the first three books. I took everything with a grain of salt. Never believed any of it as a true representation of what's really going to happen. Because it seems to me, the author almost romanticizes the rapture or being "left behind". I don't know but it kind of got me confused about one main thing. I was under the impression the rapture will be a major cataclysmic event and every eye will see Jesus and confess his name like the bible says. This book says Christians just disappeared and were raptured without any sign of Christ. Which got me thinking. Am I wrong? Or is the author bibically accurate when he depicted the story as such? Because I thought it everyone would see him. To later be deceived by Satan they hadn't. So it's going to be a quiet event and Satan will deceive the remaining world about what happened?

Hey my friend, I also read and enjoy all the Left Behind series by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. The adult series, including the kids. Awesome read huh? It's still fiction and not to be taken above the words of the Bible.

Have you gotten to the Tribulation Force yet? Better yet, have you seen the movies? I saw them when they first came out on VHS...lol. They are awesome!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity