Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM

34 posts, read 22,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
??? What on earth are you talking about. Jesus is the living Word of God and we can attain the TRUTH of the Word of God ONLY through Jesus . . . not the "precepts and doctrines of men" and words "written in ink" by false teachers. We need not that any man teach us . . . Jesus abides with us and God has "written in our hearts" the truth of Jesus and His unambiguous example of God's true nature and love for us ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
??? What on earth are you talking about. Jesus is the living Word of God and we can attain the TRUTH of the Word of God ONLY through Jesus . . . not the "precepts and doctrines of men" and words "written in ink" by false teachers. We need not that any man teach us . . . Jesus abides with us and God has "written in our hearts" the truth of Jesus and His unambiguous example of God's true nature and love for us ALL.
I am saying, as you have said, that you reject the Old Testament, and more than likely, since you reject tha, you reject the New Testament as well. Like I have always told you dear brother, Christ fulfilled the LAW and the prophets, AND the PSalms concerning Him. What does that tell you?

Better pick up your Bible and read it. All of it.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I am saying, as you have said, that you reject the Old Testament, and more than likely, since you reject tha, you reject the New Testament as well. Like I have always told you dear brother, Christ fulfilled the LAW and the prophets, AND the PSalms concerning Him. What does that tell you?

Since Mystic is quoting Bible verses instead of the Quran, I'm guessing he has read the Bible.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:52 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
LOL herefornow

Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
I am saying, as you have said, that you reject the Old Testament, and more than likely, since you reject tha, you reject the New Testament as well.
Does it bother you at all to continue to promulgate these lies about me? I do not reject the OT or the NT. I reject YOUR ignorant primitive interpretations and understanding of them retained from our ignorant primitive ancestors . . . as a sign of your Faith. [/quote] Like I have always told you dear brother, Christ fulfilled the LAW and the prophets, AND the PSalms concerning Him. What does that tell you?[/quote] That Jesus is real and He has unambiguously revealed (by teaching and example) the TRUE NATURE of our loving God. That He has done what we could not do . . . connected humankind to God the Father . . . saving us ALL from permanent separation from God.
Quote:
I will let my posts speak to my understanding of the Bible, sciota.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

God IS Love and Jesus epitomized that love by dying on the cross for the sin of mankind.

Blessings...
RESPONSE:

Actually, that's a story that was developed by his followers to justify Jesus' death.

Jesus was an itinerant preacher who thought himself to be an end-time prophet. Unfortunately, he began to be considered the awaited messiah who was supposed to sit on the throne of David and return political control to the Jews.

The Romans weren't too keen on insurrectionists. That was one of the two crimes which merited crucifixion. THat's wehat happened to Jesus ans some other messiah-candidates.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Actually, Mystic, it is you who are confused, as you think we can attain Jesus without the word of God. Remember....John 1.
It is you who cannot understand that Jesus IS the WORD of GOD. The bible is not the WORD of God. I know you don't get that because all the Babylon churches teach otherwise. Oh well....

Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Now now Mystic...settle down dear brother. Don't get all flustered.
Keep it simple. Right brain phenomena is not spritual, it is simply a physiological response to what is already inspired in the spirit. Were you there? Nah...don't answer that...you weren't, so you haven't a clue unfortunately, but we do have what they wrote, and we can decipher that rightly, divisibly and indivisibly. I am....inspired by your jargon though, to not listen to it anymore. At least for now, so let up on the personal attacks, and stick to the scripture big guy, not the new age rhetoric you continue to hammer throughout this thread.

Stay on topic.

Jesus is the only way. No one knows the father, UNLESS you know Jesus first. How do you get to know who Jesus was?...you meditate and sing kumbaya....LOL...sorry that was your answer.....read this clearly.

YOU READ THE BIBLE. You read the LAW, the PSALMS, the PROPHETS, all concerning HIM, and you read everything He said and everything the apostles said of HIM.

THEN YOU MEDITATE ON HIM, and PRAY DEARLY TO HIM.
There is not one scintilla of humility in your tone. You are hell bent on trying to put a wedge between people and Jesus. It really is weird. God gives grace to the humble - not the proud.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Jesus is the only way. No one knows the father, UNLESS you know Jesus first. How do you get to know who Jesus was?...you meditate and sing kumbaya....LOL...sorry that was your answer.....read this clearly.
You really have a problem with your New Age obsession and hippies. You need to work on that. But Jesus FIRST is the ONLY answer for those who "believe on" Jesus and know He LIVES and is the LIVING Word of God available to us ALL via His Holy Spirit.
Quote:
YOU READ THE BIBLE. You read the LAW, the PSALMS, the PROPHETS, all concerning HIM, and you read everything He said and everything the apostles said of HIM.

THEN YOU MEDITATE ON HIM, and PRAY DEARLY TO HIM.
Your Moderator cut: deleted "know the Bible's primitive descriptions of Jehovah . . . and then you will know Jesus" . . . is the exact opposite of what Jesus came to correct. The veil of ignorance covers the OT descriptions. ONLY Jesus reveals the TRUE NATURE of God by His example, teachings, and living presence!

Last edited by june 7th; 09-08-2010 at 05:22 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Again, it is quite clear. You know God and Jesus if you love. If you do not love, you do not know Him.

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

To know God is to believe on Jesus is to follow His commands:

LOVE God.
LOVE your neighbor.
LOVE your enemy.

If you don't know what LOVE is, read 1 Cor 13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity